• Navigation
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Correction, Colts are now the best team in the NFL right now

AWESOME game. In fact today was an awesome day for football. Was a race to see who could make the least mistakes tonight. Pats fell short, and Im always glad to see them lose, especially to my boys. Manning and Harrison are unstoppable, and the defense is finally there.

Chicago? I wont claim to know anything about the game since im only 21 but apparently they just pulled a deja vu from 85. Broncos overcoming steelers was a great game as well.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

And how about the Vikqueens losing to the lol49ers? What a game that was. ._.

Demosthenes11

It's a shame nothing really matters as long as you get into the playoffs. Remember that time last year the colts started something like 12-0 and then lost first round of the playoffs? lol

Patriots win when it matters, end of story

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Ummm you forgot about Washington beating Dallas with their 2nd string kicker

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Since they won the two toughest games on their schedule back to back weeks, let the undefeated talk begin. I don't expect them to, but I'm sure it will be a weekly topic now on all the talk radio.

Remaining Schedule:
    Buffalo
    at Dallas
    Philadelphia
    at Tennessee
    at Jacksonville
    Cincinnati
    at Houston
    Miami

They likely will be favored in the final 8 games, but I see the biggest chances of losses being Jacksonville, Cincinnati, and Philadelphia. I'd guess something like 14-2 figuring they lose one of those above 3 games and maybe lose one with the starters resting. Of course this is the NFL so I'm not marking any of the remaining games as a sure win.

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Philadelphia

They play them on my birthday, this is the only one I am and have been sweating. Should be an awesome game. Yes Im bias but its a home game so Im sure colts will win it by a small margin.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kaiseran Gustaberg
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Said it before, and I'll say it again...

http://www.secrivalsstore.com/hitchc...NFL/Ravens.jpg

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

That game kicked ass.

Sorry, but I can't stand the Patriots.

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Quote Originally Posted by Henkka
    Ummm you forgot about Washington beating Dallas with their 2nd string kicker
    Yea, Cowboys (my team!) didnt deserve to win that game. Too many mistakes, too many blown opportunities. I dont want to see a single offensive lineman return next season. NOT ONE!

And big grats to the Colts (2nd fav team) for beating the Pats. Manning, Harrison and Dungee really deserve a Super Bowl ring soon. Hope Peyton doesnt end up like Marino

That blocked kick, all by itself kept the Redskin's season alive.

Till next game, anyway. They need to play real ball against a team that can stay over .500 the entire season.

You wouldn't know that though because you've demonstrably never picked up a book nor educated yourself on the matter. Let me guess, overweight housewife?
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Allyra Arianos
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    WoW Realm
    Windrunner

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    That game kicked ass.

Sorry, but I can't stand the Patriots.
    I can't bake you cookies anymore.

Go go Patriots!

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Anyone catch the Ravens coach say 'Fuck' on the air yesterday? I lol'd.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls
    how could you cheer for a team that traded it's best two players back to back years anyway?

ExcaliMod

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

I think my favorite part of the colts game last night was when the pats rookie kicker scored a 49 yard field goal.

Then his next, 36 yard kick he COMPLETELY fucking missed. It was the worst kick Ive ever seen.

Madden's sidekick: "I wonder what happened. Was it blocked or setup wrong? Lets look at the replay"

Madden: "Nope, that was just a terrible kick"

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    Quote Originally Posted by 6souls
    how could you cheer for a team that traded it's best two players back to back years anyway?
    Because one of those players was Randy Moss.

Re: Correction, Colts are now the best team in the NFL right

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    AWESOME game. In fact today was an awesome day for football. Was a race to see who could make the least mistakes tonight. Pats fell short, and Im always glad to see them lose, especially to my boys. Manning and Harrison are unstoppable, and the defense is finally there.
    I'm sorry you lost me there. They had one good second half. That's a pretty far leap to say that they are "finally there." Unless a miracle happens, they aren't going all the way with a defense that can't stop the run. Yes they are the cream of the crop now but if they run into the wrong team in the playoffs then they are toast.

I would love to see them play a team with an elite RB like San Diego. Now that would be an interesting game.

(Note to Manning: Thank you for feeding Reggie Wayne last week and allowing my fantasy team to make up a 30 point deficit.)

I don't think this topic title can be argued; the Colts beat their 2 best competitors in the AFC in consecutive weeks, and the Bears offense is wildly inconsistent. I know everyone is always on Peyton Manning's jock but I have to say he seriously is playing some amazing football. He's the only quarterback I've ever seen that makes me feel like my team is going to lose when they score to take the lead with 2 minutes left. No lead is safe with the way he's playing.

Also wtf at the Ravens guy. No team is going to win the Super Bowl this year without an offense, especially when they don't even have the best defense in the league, so unless Steve McNair kicks it up a notch and takes them to the next level they aren't winning any Super Bowl.

I still think the Broncos are going to win the Super Bowl The Colts game was close enough to make me believe the Broncos could win a rematch, and Champ Bailey is the best defensive player in the NFL right now. If Jake Plummer can get solidly into his groove I like the Broncos chances.

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Manning is good and all, but god damn, did you see that end-zone catch by harrison. Was funny, they cut to commercial fully expecting it to be challenged, then came back because belichick didn't challenge. Harrison in my mind, is the best reciever...ever...ever ever. Some of the catches he made, and makes week in and week out is like GOD DAMN! So after mid season, this is how i see it. AFC is scary.

1. Colts
    2. San Diego (Im all up in LTs jock)
    3. Denver
    4. NE
    5. Chicago

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Tyche
    AFC is scary.
    Looks like the AFC is arguably as dominant as it was last year. With Chicago looking worse than mortal, the NFC has no clear cut favorite right now.

The Giants look the best right now, the Saints are also right up there. If the Bears can regain their early season form, they're dominant, but so long as Rex Grossman remembers he is Rex Grossman, they'll have problems. And does anyone feel like playing Seattle in January once Hasselbeck and Alexander are healthy? (Seattle has 2 teams with winning recods on their second half schedule). And Philly, Dallas or Atlanta could get their act together at any minute. Any of those 7 teams could win the NFC right now, and none of those seven teams are as good as any of the top five teams in the NFC.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

BIAS ALERT:

Colts won't go undefeated because they play Miami. It's like a curse to play Miami undefeated or something.