+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Zodiac Spear     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Are there any clues in the game at all that hint toward the fact that the spear is even there, or that you should have avoided 4 specific chests to acquire it?

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    is it the best weapon in the game?
    it's the strongest, but not the best

best weapon in the game is Tournesol
    You can't really say something is the best or not because each weapon has it's strength and weakness. IMHO Guns, Spears Swords and Poles all have their uses, especially poles. Poles can be insanely good against a monster with extremely low magic defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    Are there any clues in the game at all that hint toward the fact that the spear is even there, or that you should have avoided 4 specific chests to acquire it?
    Nope not that I have seen at least

Quote Originally Posted by Maguspk
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    is it the best weapon in the game?
    it's the strongest, but not the best

best weapon in the game is Tournesol
    You can't really say something is the best or not because each weapon has it's strength and weakness. IMHO Guns, Spears Swords and Poles all have their uses, especially poles. Poles can be insanely good against a monster with extremely low magic defense.
    you'll know why Tournesol is the best once you get it

Campaign
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Heart Underblade
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

basicly if u open one of those chests, there's no other way of getting the spear?

Quote Originally Posted by SamanosukeShiva
    basicly if u open one of those chests, there's no other way of getting the spear?
    there is, but if you don't open the chests it's 100% to be one of the chests in nabudis. compared to the 1% chance anywhere else if you do open any of the chests

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

How do you get to the area that the chests are in? I just beat the stupid Bomb King to get to the Nabreaus Deadlands after like five tries, but inside there I keep gettin raped fast.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Vannis tell me the Club part of your sig is photoshopped.....that makes me cry lol...

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

its not lol, I did it two weeks ago lol

.. http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13288

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Soooo I made it to the necropolis place and then got raped and game over lol :/ I still cant find an easier route

Those things hit so hard unless you knew exactly where you're running it' d be tough. I didn't get it til i was higher lvl, so i just fought my way through til i stumbled on it. got insane xp though, those things are all like 1-1.5k xp. I got 3 lvls from 50-53 before i decided to leave.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Is there an entrance to necrohol of nabudis in the salikawood? I've tried like five times now goin thru Nabreus Deadlands and goin thru like three zones of nabudis before the mobs kill me.

figures all 4 conditions to make that damn spear appear easily i've broken. sucks my main 3 i use are all 48 and 49 now and i could go get it. seems like i'll just go with the Tournesol

a more to the point question Helpoemer is if your in a case like me, is the spear worth the random chance factor to get it or just let it go?

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tumibumi
    figures all 4 conditions to make that damn spear appear easily i've broken. sucks my main 3 i use are all 48 and 49 now and i could go get it. seems like i'll just go with the Tournesol

a more to the point question Helpoemer is if your in a case like me, is the spear worth the random chance factor to get it or just let it go?
    it is if you thinking camping LoO for 3 months for a kclub is worth it XD

Quote Originally Posted by Tumibumi

don't worry i pretty much opened all those chests too in my US playthrough, but i will still TRY and get it for 100% completion.

already have tournesol and about to go for 13th esper then Yiazmat

and since 13th esper is near zodiac spear area for the 1% chance, i'll try getting it then

Went through at level 38 and got this today. Flee'd/died pretty much the entire way but the nice thing is there's no aggro by the chest room. Just a matter of the mobs not following you for very long.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Just wondering, is the map for Necrohol located in the strat guide? I can't seem to find it and I don't feel like killing the things slowly at level 35 and wanna just flee right to the chests.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vixy
    Just wondering, is the map for Necrohol located in the strat guide? I can't seem to find it and I don't feel like killing the things slowly at level 35 and wanna just flee right to the chests.

if you have the brady games normal edition its page 242-243

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tragic
    Quote Originally Posted by Vixy

if you have the brady games normal edition its page 242-243
    Much appreciated ;D

Relic Horn
    BG Level

For everyone else, there's a .png map at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/game/459841.html
    last one in "maps and charts"