+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Zodiac Spear     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Zodiac Spear

So what level should you be to get this? I just Fled my ass off through the zones and grabbed it at level 30. Second-to-last chest I opened (Front row, second from left) with 3 mobs picking off my characters one-by-one as I was opening them. Finally made it to a safe spot again with one character alive at 48 HP. Mobs checked only level 45 or so at the entrance, but they tend to do special moves the second they notice you so I can't imagine coming back here in 10-15 levels.

i don't know if this works cos i didn't get zodiac spear this way in my JP game but try doing Float then Vanishga, you should be able to sneak past them all, i'm not 100% sure on this though

Hey what are the stats on the zodiac spear? I hear its the best weapon in the game but no one ever bothers to post the stats..

+150atk or +155, can't remember exactly

might have some evasion too

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

150att 8eva i think

i read something about not opening early item chests an hour or so after opening them already as a means to get an easy zodiac later///but never saw a real coherent explanation of WHY. can someone break down the spear, how/why you shouldnt open those chests, and what you do if you do anyway?

seems the random chest pop loot table is gonna be irritating...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I got the Zodiac Spear at level 35 by just Fleeing my ass of inside Necrohol. Its a pain in the ass to get but its definitly worth it. before I was using Deathbringer and well it puts that sword to shame, as I am able to break 4k consistantly on exp mobs. The stats are +150ATk +8 EVA.

but ya Vanishga doesn't seem to do anything in there as I was still getting mass aggro, but Float and Vanishga I never tried. Soon im going to try for the Defender inside Necrohol, but the 50% chest kind of worries me because getting there is such a pain in the ass.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Reynard
    i read something about not opening early item chests an hour or so after opening them already as a means to get an easy zodiac later///but never saw a real coherent explanation of WHY. can someone break down the spear, how/why you shouldnt open those chests, and what you do if you do anyway?

seems the random chest pop loot table is gonna be irritating...
    got this from the strategy guide:
    there are four chest in the "early" game that is connected to the chest that gives zodiac spear later on. if you pop one of these four, the zodiac spear is removed from the chest and you have to do a much harder quest (?) to get it.

first chest is right across Old Dalan's place in lowtown
    second chest is one of the ones in the SE corner of the cellars
    third is in the confiscatory near the save crystal
    fourth is one of the ones in the Phon coast

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

I just went in and got my spear. Got very lost and even found some horse NM with 99999 hp XD Went from 38 -> 41 on Vaan/Basch and 32-36 on Ashe.

For those looking for the spear, there are 5 zones in the place you can access (there were 2-3 doors blocked from me) and the room with the 16 chests is halfway, almost exactly. One entrance into the Necrohul is from Deadlands, one is from Salikawood. I went in Deadlands and found Salikawood before Zodiac spear D:

And the spear is hotness, hitting for 3500-5500 at level 42...lol

Does the spear attack slower then swords? Or are they on the same speed that is just based on haste/char speed/ ect

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Mala
    Does the spear attack slower then swords? Or are they on the same speed that is just based on haste/char speed/ ect
    I think there is a slight difference just because they also have higher DMG most of the time. But it's not nearly as big as in FFXI.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

actually I think the Spear attacks slightly faster than swords. It may just be a slight descripescy between Vaan and Bash's level (1 level diff), but otherwise the Spear attacks about 5-10% faster than Basch's sword/shield combo.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Its all a part of SE's master plan to make Dragoon/Spear wielding character loved again. =)

ExcaliMod
    Paper Towels? Who needs paper towels, Under the sink they go!

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

is it the best weapon in the game?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

lol yep

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

How can I arrive to this zone?

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it weren't for strategy guides, I don't think anyone could ever have figured out that there were specific chests you're supposed to ignore, let alone which chests they should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    it's the strongest, but not the best

best weapon in the game is Tournesol

i have no idea where i'm going in this place, just killing a lot of stuff hoping not to die...

woooow, i just stumbled in the room with 16 chests and got realllly worried that i screwed up somewhere, it was the last treasure that i checked

also stumbled on that NM with 99999 hp, he was really easy to kill, but i didn't get the drop. he drops the grand armor, which i think is the best heavy armor you can get(one of at least).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Tekki
    It's absolutely crazy, Basch hits mobs for 4500-5500, my two Deathbringers (above average swords for my level) hit for 1000-1500...lol

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast