Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Installing to another machine

I want to install FFXI to another PC for my girlfriend. Can I do the basic CD installs, copy my FFXI folder over the top, run a file check and avoid the filthy 2hr download of the update that just fucking crashed?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

yes you just need to do the file check and once it's done you're ready to go

Yes, you can (mostly). It will still check all of the files, so that will take a while, but it won't have to download anything so you avoid the download process.

Awesome, thanks guys. Bastard update failed at 98% and I'd rather not wait around that long. It's bad enough that I'll have to go farm her a coffer key so she can get to Aht Urgan -.-

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Also make sure to copy your macros over as well from the User folder. Good idea to back these up anyways, in case you ever need to do a fresh OS installation or POL mysteriously erases your macros (happens occasionally).

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Shuemue
    Awesome, thanks guys. Bastard update failed at 98% and I'd rather not wait around that long. It's bad enough that I'll have to go farm her a coffer key so she can get to Aht Urgan -.-
    davoi, takes a few kills to get a key or a test, easy as meow

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Seriously, davoi drops coffers extremely fast. That's where I went for my al zhabi one ^^

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by draxyl
    Seriously, davoi drops coffers extremely fast. That's where I went for my al zhabi one ^^
    Between the drop rate on coffer keys and testimonies Davoi is pound for pound the best place to get through the Al Zhabi boarding pass quest. If I ever wanted to get my mules access, that is where I would go.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

go kill that wanna be dark nm in monastic cavern or whatever its called. THe warlord or something. Drops every time I think. At least thats how I got mine and a friends in 2 kills.

I dunno what game you guys are playing.. Davoi key rate has to be the worst in the game -_-

That said, the testimonies drop fast enough there anyway

Davoi is pretty "bleh" key-wise from my own experience. But I've shite luck in general. No clue on Testi drops there.

If your GF has Sky the Pots practically throw RDM Testi at you.

We farmed about 8 of them when the expansion came out in like 30min.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

davoi's not so great for me. The only place that I've found to get keys/testimonies within moments is Quicksand Caves. Seriously if you dont get a testimony within 5 kills , something's going wrong

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

I killed a Goblin White mage in Cape terrigan, testimony on first kill, for my ToAU pass. I think there is some gobs in Gustav tunnel with similarly high drop rate of tests.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Siatdiat
    I killed a Goblin White mage in Cape terrigan, testimony on first kill, for my ToAU pass. I think there is some gobs in Gustav tunnel with similarly high drop rate of tests.
    We did the same. Low Level friend who had Tele Altep => Kuftal>Cape
    killed 2 Gobs and had the Testimony for our Level 37 Friend.

Thanks for the input, luckily she had a QSC coffer key in her inventory from xp there.