76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

61 80.26%
  • No

15 19.74%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    makojr

maps are extremely helpful. that alone is worth the price of the guide.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Roam around Zertinan Caverns long enough, you find the map to there and that map = god. Place is a nice money maker spot too, mobs are rough but if your 35-40+, all drops/steals are anywhere between 300-1500 gil.

Beware the esper :X

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Wtf Daahan, you play XII?

yes, except the bestiary, whoever organized it is a moron

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yep, it should be organized in alphabetical order like most normal guides and not arranged by which mob to which zone. so annoying

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Wtf Daahan, you play XII?
    yea, why wouldn't I?

I only play for like 30mins-1hr per day, don't have much time.

I'm only just past the Garamsythe Waterway (yea reaaaally early in to the game) so I try to avoid this section of the forums so I don't run across spoilers.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    The guide's maps are awesome (should have indicated that treasure urns are random spawn though)

Oh yea, the guide tells you that you can handle the Hexthera before heading to Garamsythe Waterway, you can't

When you flip to the back, it says something different; that you need at least 3 people. But that's only flaw I saw in it so far :D
    >.> i killed it before even hearing about the waterway, lol @ me trying to pull the wolf near the NM by sight aggro >.>;

in the end i spammed potions, the fact you walk to recover MP is a godsend.

I think the guide is extremely useful personally. I do not use it for story parts of the game, but for farming chests it is priceless, currently stuck in Lhusu Mines trying to get that damn Killer Bow, I have a feeling I should leave since all my characters are level 15-16, and I don't want to be overpowered for later areas.. any input on this btw?
    I have chose to not look at the license board, I want to unlock the spots on my own :D
    For farming though, priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    The guide's maps are awesome (should have indicated that treasure urns are random spawn though)

Oh yea, the guide tells you that you can handle the Hexthera before heading to Garamsythe Waterway, you can't

When you flip to the back, it says something different; that you need at least 3 people. But that's only flaw I saw in it so far :D
    >.> i killed it before even hearing about the waterway, lol @ me trying to pull the wolf near the NM by sight aggro >.>;

I solo'd thexera as well, i didn't go get basche or balth/fran at the time. I was lvl 6 or 7 by myself i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya

I solo'd thexera as well, i didn't go get basche or balth/fran at the time. I was lvl 6 or 7 by myself i think.
    I solo'ed it at level 4..
    It was not easy.

This isnt going so well guys.
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Po
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya

I solo'ed it at level 4..
    It was not easy.
    Yeah same, soloed it at lvl 4; i think i used 3 high potions and about 7 normal potions lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Wait, Thexera the giant wolf in westsands? It only has like 500 hp or something and it's weak to fire iirc. I pulled with fire and then kited long enough to get 3 more casts off.

Then I was kinda pissed when I got back from barheim and got my ass kicked by wraith and cluckatrice.