+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Highest EXP chains?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

Highest EXP chains?

Whats the highest EXP chain you've gotten and where? I got a chain 500 earlier tonight in the Sandsea areas on the sand people. Went from level 67 to 68 and a shitload of LP. Decided to stop there because I got bored.

makojr

got chain 91 on sandsea ppl. nice place to farm.

don't think the chains affect EXP, only the drops, and although the sandsea is a great place to chain, they don't drop much useful stuff... also chaining to 500 is pretty pointless if you cap all the items the mobs drop at 99

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah, unless the mobs you're exping off of have the chance to drop some nice shit, there's really no point to chaining stuff. Refer to my post in the "Favorite Farming Spots" thread if you want crazy gil/exp/LP.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Beg to differ. Sticking to just Panthers in Golmore I can reliably complete a stack of Coeurl Hides (45K) and return to town to sell them in just 20 minutes. With the other drops, I'd say I make 150k per hour there bare minimum. This was level 30 before I got any exceptional gear, it's probably closer to 15 minutes now (36-37 with Zodiac Spear, Deathbringers, top weapons and armor). It usually takes about chain 75 to fill up, which is 5 trips where the Panthers spawn and double-zoning back out past the Ozmone save crystal.

I tried several other suggested farming spots (Making the entire loop in Golmore, chaining Worgers, Sleipnirs, etc.) and I made like a third as much gil max. Exp takes care of itself if you don't just flee through every zone while you're on a mission. Gil is the major bottleneck in the game in my experience (Eg, farm 200K to max out all 6 characters and spells when I got to Archades, 15 minutes and one fight later I was in a new city and needed another 150K).

Chain 131 in Lhusu Mines from the skeletons.

155 Chain L. Mines

you can get unlimited chains in lhusu bridge-turtle cave thingy

makojr

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Yeah, unless the mobs you're exping off of have the chance to drop some nice shit, there's really no point to chaining stuff. Refer to my post in the "Favorite Farming Spots" thread if you want crazy gil/exp/LP.
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13389

you can get unlimited chains in lhusu bridge-turtle cave thingy
    Yeah I got up to 117 before I got bored and decided to go kill Rocktoise. I was killing them at level 12-15, at which point the 90-120 exp they give is really nice.

Anyone know how high the chain levels go? I got up to Level 4 (counting the first level as 1) so far.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

level 4 chains are the highest i believe

i got chain 150 in luhsu mines before i got bored... 99 bone fragments at that level = about 19k which was enough for me to purchase everything in stores at the time.... i just farm when necessary

i can imagine the sand people giving huge chains and got chain 80~ by just running through the zones (exploring all zones , not jus running straight through) but didnt wanna exp at the time and went to continue with the story.....

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

130 chain on the sand sea people, its real easy to chain there so many mobs on a vast two areas... I couldn't go any further because I had to go out. : (