+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
    Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

LOL yeah i noticed that too, Balth's arm when he casts looks so orz and flimsy lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Balth is the man in CS... but if you're talking about gameplay, no. =P
    why's everyone keep saying that? he's a much better fighter than either Fran or Ashe (though they are better mages). stat wise, he's the 3rd best melee.

Quote Originally Posted by RakEx
    Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    i don't know where you guys say balth sucks, he does the most dmg for me, just stop putting shitty weapons on him like guns cause you 'think' he's supposed to be a range guy.

i got zodiac on him and he hits for 7k and i've seen as high as 9999 when zerked, even with just the deathbringer he was hitting 2k+ when basch was hitting for about the same.

and i can't stand asche, her demeaner, her voice, just listening to her talk pisses me off. She just acts like some prissy little rich girl who doesn't have a clue what's going on. I havent' touched her and i won't other than when i'm just lvling my other chars, one of my least favorite ff character's ever.

And yeah, balth is a pimp, he'll be in my pt til the end.
    Shes a video game character... hate to see what you to do people irl. Also, umm she is a prissy rich girl.. she is the Princess or the Queen or something like that.
    exactly, she's a video game character which has nothing to do with how i treat people irl. And i'm allowed to not like the prissy rich girl mentality. I'm a very practical person, and people who act irrationally and in impractical way's (which granted we all do at some point or another) irritate me.

as far as the game goes:
    Even though she's the princess (or queen now that she's the only one left), she should have some sense about her and hold a greater responsibility to her people than just trying to 'fight fire with fire.' I first started to not like her when she tried to take the airship thinking she could do it alone instead of with everyones help.

Quote Originally Posted by neighbortaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Balth is the man in CS... but if you're talking about gameplay, no. =P
    why's everyone keep saying that? he's a much better fighter than either Fran or Ashe (though they are better mages). stat wise, he's the 3rd best melee.
    Ashe with Masamune becomes your 2nd best melee, her DoT is insane

A. Body
    BG Level

i think i remember reading somewhere that balthier was originally intended to be the main character (that's why he keeps saying he's the leading man lol) but somehow it became the gay kid vaan so i dunno >.>

Brokage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Vasp Anemos
    FFXIV Server
    Faerie
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

I actually like Vaan

But yeah, Balthier is pretty BA himself

In all honestly either Ashe or Balthier should be the main character of the game, Vaan hardly even talks in any of the cutscenes. And yes Balthier is a badass.

Balthier is definitely up there with Kain and Cecil as the most badass FF characters of all time. I really cannot decide if I should have him stop using a gun, and give him a Sword instead. My current setup is Vaan - dagger, Fran - bow, Balth - gun, and Basch - loldrg. I don't see myself using Penelo at all, and I have not yet gotten Ashe. But would you guys say it is best to have him use a sword instead of Gun? Help me decide .
    When will katanas start becoming available btw?

Balthier is the man, easily up there with Locke and Kain.

If you meant GKTs, they should be available relatively soon, around the time you get Ashe in your party.

If you meant katana like a Ninja Katana (ie: FFXI katana), then you have a long wait. Oh yeah, and they're 2 handed, so no shield + katana.

It depends on where you're at in the story, sorta.

I would recommend getting 3 gladius for all 3 of your chars, it is by far the best weapon available to you until you can get deathbringers, at which time having one of those on all three is by far better than anything you'll get until zodiac spear and other final weapons.

guns suck, bows suck, clubs suck, axes suck, staves suck in comparison. Yeah maybe they won't crit as much or get as many multi hit combos, but their damage will be much more consistant. And my philosophy is i'd rather have really good dmg 100% of the time, than have moderate-crappy dmg 100% of the time with a 20-30% chance to do really good dmg.

It might be boring or whatever to equip all your chars the same, so it's got that against it, but it works.

I like all the characters, and I switched Balth to xbow and he's a beast.

Basch is the most badass and key character, he's this game's Kain. He could have been the "main" character easily. Balthier is funny as hell though.

Fafnir isn't popping.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    Balthier with same should be even better. He has highest SPD and more STR than Ashe (the two modifiers of katana)

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    Basch is the most badass and key character, he's this game's Kain. He could have been the "main" character easily. Balthier is funny as hell though.

Fafnir isn't popping.
    The coolest character is never the games main. Kain was not the main, Cecil was (who was also cool). It works best that way.

makojr

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    I do definitely like Balth's character, but wasnt much for him in gameplay
    same here.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Balthier with same should be even better. He has highest SPD and more STR than Ashe (the two modifiers of katana)
    Gkat mod is Magicka power, at least one of them.

I think making Vaan the 'main' character did this game a lot of good. Just because you're seeing things through his eyes doesn't mean he's the most important one. I think it was great to do it this way.

And you think Ashe is just some snobby princess? She tries to do shit by herself (after you first meet her she shows this) so it's not like she just sits there and expects everyone else to do stuff for her. If you pay attention to the storyline she's vitally important and has to get stuff done asap, she HAS to be doing the things she's doing for Dalmasca, not for herself.

I also think the Vaan/Penelo pairing is great, better than any previous FF guy/girl pair because they could definately be a high school couple lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Gkat mod is Magicka power, at least one of them.
    OOPS you're right
    I got the modifiers confused with ninja sword when I wrote that ^^;

I also think the Vaan/Penelo pairing is great, better than any previous FF guy/girl pair because they could definately be a high school couple lol
    but they're supposed to be like brother and sister... eww

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Sorry to be serious in this thread, but does anyone actually know what influences the multi-attack and crit rate? I haven't found anything about it so far. And also, I think you can technically get burning bows (atk 60ish) before fran/balth join.

makojr

They are from different families. Vaan says this in the game (i forgot to who). When he lost his parents Penelo's family took him in. They are like brother and sister.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Makochild
    They are from different families. Vaan says this in the game (i forgot to who). When he lost his parents Penelo's family took him in. They are like brother and sister.
    right, I did say like