+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Is it just me or is Balthier the best FF character ever

Seriously, he is the epitome of awesomeness. I'd go gay for him.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ashe ftw.

Hayleystrator
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Balth is the man in CS... but if you're talking about gameplay, no. =P

It's the english accent. Putting money on Lbelle coming in here and saying how he makes her wet (sorry for the crudeness heh ).

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Yeah he's definately an awesome character. I think one thing they did well is the characters in this game. There may not be a ton of backstory about them, but you understand who/what they are like and they actually have 'reasons' to be together and it's not just one single goal about one character. Another cool thing is the 'main character' Vaan is very small storywise (at least this far, and I've passed the first meeting with the Occuria) which puts things in a different perspective, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Epical
    Balth is the man in CS... but if you're talking about gameplay, no. =P.
    DID YOU FUCKING GIMP BALTH'S GAMBITS YOU ASSWIPE?!?!

Sorry, but balth deserves to own like nobody has owned before.

most badass FF char was auron :D

I guess i'm the only one that thinks Basch is a badass.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I do definitely like Balth's character, but wasnt much for him in gameplay

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Balth hasn't really let me down when I've switched him in randomly, even when he's severly underlvl'd. Keep him with a good gun and ammo and he does pretty nice damage, but I haven't used him in a bit, sold his gear XD After this dungeon I should have the gil to give him armor and I'll lvl him some more.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I like him a lot more since I got rid of his gun and made a DRG out of him. Ranged weapons just plain suck in this game.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Fran with Yoichi bow at lvl 39, pwns.

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway
    I guess i'm the only one that thinks Basch is a badass.
    he has really shitty clothes, he looks like a bum

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Fran with Yoichi bow at lvl 39, pwns.
    I second that. I got the Yoichi when she was only 29 though. She's been dishing out over 1k damage on mobs outside the Stillshrine with her poison arrows.

Balthier can be a strong character it just doesn't help that it's really hard to get good ammo for ranged weapons, I've still been doing 400-600 damage per shot with my Betelgeuse and onion shot though which is on par with most of my characters.

basch with demonsbane > balthier and any gun for awhile

and imo basch is stronger overall

Hay guyz, I was Shinebox but now I'm not!
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Don Katsu
    FFXIV Server
    Sargatanas
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Balthier is badass. I put him in lead all the time and has the highest HP of my characters.

i don't know where you guys say balth sucks, he does the most dmg for me, just stop putting shitty weapons on him like guns cause you 'think' he's supposed to be a range guy.

i got zodiac on him and he hits for 7k and i've seen as high as 9999 when zerked, even with just the deathbringer he was hitting 2k+ when basch was hitting for about the same.

and i can't stand asche, her demeaner, her voice, just listening to her talk pisses me off. She just acts like some prissy little rich girl who doesn't have a clue what's going on. I havent' touched her and i won't other than when i'm just lvling my other chars, one of my least favorite ff character's ever.

And yeah, balth is a pimp, he'll be in my pt til the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyylya
    i don't know where you guys say balth sucks, he does the most dmg for me, just stop putting shitty weapons on him like guns cause you 'think' he's supposed to be a range guy.

i got zodiac on him and he hits for 7k and i've seen as high as 9999 when zerked, even with just the deathbringer he was hitting 2k+ when basch was hitting for about the same.

and i can't stand asche, her demeaner, her voice, just listening to her talk pisses me off. She just acts like some prissy little rich girl who doesn't have a clue what's going on. I havent' touched her and i won't other than when i'm just lvling my other chars, one of my least favorite ff character's ever.

And yeah, balth is a pimp, he'll be in my pt til the end.
    Shes a video game character... hate to see what you to do people irl. Also, umm she is a prissy rich girl.. she is the Princess or the Queen or something like that.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i had balthier in my main pt till i switched him in for vaan, he's one of the most badass story characters ive seen in a while though..

i plan on keeping fran balthier ashe and vaan leveled.. and penelo and basch can go die in a hole >o

bows are really strong in this game, guns only useful for certain mobs albiet they do look badass as well..

only thing i dont like about balthier is his gay arm stance when he's casting spells -_-;;

He's got an awesome voice actor for sure.

I just finished KRT and the whole time I used Vaan with shield / HP/ phys Att LP's and Basch with hammer and shit was going down pretty fast. And Vaan was blocking like 1/3 hits.

Gonna LP Balt's spear though and see how it does, he was doing pretty decent with Blood Sword and Demonsbane when I was xping him in KRT though.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast