Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

They should finally take their heads outta their ass and do as people have been asking for the past 2 years and fix the fucking Fuma Shuriken synth. A consumable synth that requires Gold Ingots and only makes 3 shots at a time, when all other shuriken stack to 99... gg SE

Quote Originally Posted by Miji
    Quote Originally Posted by shinobi_tabi
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemonxel
    Give smithers some good fucking consumables
    drksteel ingots, its consumable basically<.< gobby bags
    every craft has good consumables...
    am i the only one who lol'd?
    I lol'd when you said ingots are consumables.
    I eat ingots for breakfast.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    They should finally take their heads outta their ass and do as people have been asking for the past 2 years and fix the fucking Fuma Shuriken synth. A consumable synth that requires Gold Ingots and only makes 3 shots at a time, when all other shuriken stack to 99... gg SE
    NIN isn't overpowered as it is?

Anyway, can you mention PUP? I mean PUP needs more fixing than anyone else. It would be nice to have a clue on what SE plans on doing with it.

I've been told it would be helpful if the Automatron got another WS that could at least take part in light or dark skillchains. It could even take the place of Asuran Fist as a quest WS, which makes more sense anyway.

It would be nice if the PUP had more control over his pet. Like being able to get the PUP to cast a nuke of a certain element, making it possible to MB, or having some type of control of when it WSes so it can set a skillchain. The stoneskin move should scale up as the Puppet levels as well. Anyway could you please give some love to PUP, hopefully listing stuff I've mentioned.

PS. Its very important you include the written part with my chart... do you need me to get it?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl

Ask if they'd consider spending one patch cycle revamping / retooling old content, instead of adding new content. A lot of the new stuff they add is useless and unpopular: think of Brenner and Kokba Hostel. However as anyone on this board knows, there is plenty of old content that could be revitalized if simple changes were made to it, like sea.

If they respond with their old trope of having to carefully consider gameplay balance issues, remind them that customer satisfaction is more important than any temporary gameplay imbalances that might arise.

Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Everlasting
    Quote Originally Posted by Celeras
    Huh? We're capped on Zilart content. Sky isnt needed at all except for 3rd/4th jobs, M.Body is freelot, E.Body is on Bsts, handful of A.Bodys needed for multi-job rdms. Ridills always welcome. All non-xarca AF freelot, shadow mantles capped out though we still havent gotten a ring. Working on Relic #3.

The only thing that keeps us sane is CoP content, if you can call it that. 1/x on AV and it didnt lock after 20+ sets of wynavs. Countless Tiamats. Hell, we even did Tiamat->Vrtra->Jorm one day just to give us a little but of excitement. Boy, that m.pole certainly raised our spirits. (Limbus is great, and in my opinion the games only real saving grace at this point until they add some better fights/drops from higher tiered assaults.)

I guess you can argue that we're vets, and newer people/linkshells reaching the endgame dont have such luxurys. Well guess what, new content with better gear will get people like us out of there and open up the older content for them. Its called tiering. You can change the old stuff all you want, but the games not going to get any better until we step out of 2004 and get better encounters.
    Let me get this straight: You're saying even though you clearly have what you need for your LS (you're at a point where it's all just luxury) you're still camping kings *and* feel bad for new LSes because you blame SE's lack of new content.

SE doesn't have a solution to your problem but I do. Stop playing. Come back when new content is released, beat it, and quit for a while again. There are a couple LSes on my server that operate this way.

We've had this discussion over and over in other threads. SE cannot create limitless content and some players will do pretty much everything there is to do. Find new things to do or stop playing, what other options are there?

Your completely made up "problem" applies to exactly .02% of the FFXI population.
    Seriously. Boohoo all we get are ebodies, mbodies, and dalmaticas, what kind of content is this?! How about you just stop fucking camping instead of being one of those gay ls's that manequins good gear.
    Because we still need certain rare drops from all those hnm, and theres no reason to move on because theres no other worthwhile content available? And we're definately not to the point where King Bodies are on mannequins, though thats probably a situation with various other LS's across servers.

Dont put words in my mouth. You cant dispute the fact that another tier of content would open up Zilart content to people without the majority of it, which are probably the people that need it the most.

Instancing would be fantastic, but how naive do you have to be to think that its actually going to happen to 3 year old content? Your best and most feasible bet to free up those older areas, would be to add new (preferably instanced themselves, perhaps in assault) content to steer away the people who already have the majority of the drops. New worthwhile loot table > Old loot table, hoping for one thing.

Everlasting: If youre gonna finish every sentence with "then why do you still play?!", youre going to be ignored until you show you actually possess a brain. We play because we enjoy the game, and have friends we enjoy playing with. People arent going to quit just because they finish their gear (lol? most people -.-).
    Ohhhhh it's the old "I'm smarter than you so the argument is done" routine, take your ball and go home kiddo. Wah wah wah!

If your only problem is how abjurations drop then I have yet another solution to your problem.

SE ALREADY STATED THEY ARE WORKING ON NEW WAYS TO OBTAIN THEM

Ridill
    BG Level

If your only problem is how abjurations drop then I have yet another solution to your problem.

I can't remember, was this before or after they said they were going to fix drg, make drk with scythe stronger, etc?

Or wait maybe it was when they "fixed" Ulli.

Re: Questions to SE - November

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    Question 17:
    Do you have any plans to make more rewarding gear for CoP Wyrms Fights considering the difficulty of the fight?
    Their drop table is unique, Vrtra is 25+mil in cashmire, Jorm is 16mil in Ores, Ouryu is about 10 + orb for Baha 2, and Tiamat is Gaiters. Their drops are nice, but not enough for most people. I wouldn't ask or expect a change.
    The CoP Wrym fights are a joke. On Siren, Tiamat gets more sleep than I do.

Tank down = Sleep
    Random bad thing happening = Sleep
    Worse comes to worse = Sleep > BP > Sleep > BP

Se needs to adjust Tiamat so that a lvl 90+ HNM can't be slept so fucking easily

A Magic Ham Sandwich
    BG Level

No, they need to make a harder fight with better loot and more frequent drops.

Quote Originally Posted by Plow

I can't remember, was this before or after they said they were going to fix drg, make drk with scythe stronger, etc?

Or wait maybe it was when they "fixed" Ulli.
    Right right, they do need to change but posts just moaning about how nothing has changed are pointless, that's what's bothering me here.

Question 34: Can you guys, you know...speed things up a little please?

A lot of these ideas are great but just complaing about how quick changes are made to the game and "wouldn't it be nice to increase the drop rate of item X" will probably fall on deaf ears. We're essentially asking them to hire more people or make their workers work harder at getting changes made quicker.

As for increased drop rate on items, it is true that the majority of players have a 75 job (or two) so maybe these items should drop more often. And the counter argument being there shouldn't be many of these items in circulation or it may unbalance the game, no matter how badly people whine about not having said item. Finding better ways to find the mob that drops said item so more people get fairer shots at claim/engagement is great.

Complaining about things not dropping often enough and SE not making changes quick enough should be done somewhere else. This thread isn't for bitching, it's for new ideas.

Anyway, sorry for shitting up the thread b.taru.de, I'm done with this area of discussion. I'm glad they're listening to us, or at least pretending to.

If SE wants a cheap, quick and easy way to challenge people create a bunch of "rematch" type fights with meh rewards. I'm sure they could put together 30 or 40 of these easily within a short period.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

They need to make all wyrms (including Fafhogg) immune to sleep. Not resistant, but immune.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz
    They need to make all wyrms (including Fafhogg) immune to sleep. Not resistant, but immune.
    everyone needs to sleep it one time or another...

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Exactly. Thats why you make it immune to actually make it a challenge. Not saying it would even be a challenge, but the idea of claiming it with a tank pt and couple blms to sleep it till the rest get to camp can be done with. Also, when it starts spamming wings once in awhile it would be nice to see linkshells try to work out the problems without ES > SLEEP > REST. Change is nice, that's all.

Edit: Also did anyone mention making sky pop items rare/ex? RMT would try to sell haidate in that case, but that might backfire more than camping ulli stones and selling them all day. I remember mentioning to an RMT at ulli camp, which was trying to sell me a stone that the next update was making the pop items rare/ex. He was asking me where this info was after shitting a few bricks.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Vigion
    Exactly. Thats why you make it immune to actually make it a challenge. Not saying it would even be a challenge, but the idea of claiming it with a tank pt and couple blms to sleep it till the rest get to camp can be done with. Also, when it starts spamming wings once in awhile it would be nice to see linkshells try to work out the problems without ES > SLEEP > REST. Change is nice, that's all.

Edit: Also did anyone mention making sky pop items rare/ex? RMT would try to sell haidate in that case, but that might backfire more than camping ulli stones and selling them all day. I remember mentioning to an RMT at ulli camp, which was trying to sell me a stone that the next update was making the pop items rare/ex. He was asking me where this info was after shitting a few bricks.
    Pics of shit-bricks, or it didn't happen.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    PS. Its very important you include the written part with my chart... do you need me to get it?
    Yes via PM.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

what ? you telling me your LS NEVER has to sleep faf/nid ?

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Its not that big of a deal.. our last 30+ claims in aery I've been at we havent slept. I cant even remember the last time we slept Tiamat. Our last Nidhogg our 2 PLD/NINs tanked from 100% to 15% without a single cure from anyone besides eachother. Completely self sufficient, spent most MP on curing melees instead.

It's been a long time since an "oh shit" moment, but I know they happen. I dont think faf/nid/tiamat should be completely immune to sleep, but should be SIGNIFIGANT sleep resistance after a few sleeps. By signifigant, I mean ES isnt always 100% sleep no matter what, and put some shitty LSs that use 20+ sleeps per fight out of business, or learn to use some fucking skill.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Georgetp
    It's been a long time since an "oh shit" moment, but I know they happen. I dont think faf/nid/tiamat should be completely immune to sleep, but should be SIGNIFIGANT sleep resistance after a few sleeps. By signifigant, I mean ES isnt always 100% sleep no matter what, and put some shitty LSs that use 20+ sleeps per fight out of business, or learn to use some fucking skill.
    Those linkshells are just learning. I'm sure everyone here though, on the great BG site, killed all their wyrms first try with zero or just a couple sleeps. It's a stupid idea to cockblock new shells from content just because the really good ones can kill Fafnir in 15 minutes or less and greater wyrms in under an hour.

Wyrms are fine the way they are. The problem is the lack of new more difficult mobs being released, for shells that mastered wyrms, to tackle.

Next time, ask a question about making multiple zones for Aht Urghan Whitegate.

Even on non-peak times, the lag is fucking terrible on Remora.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Georgetp
    Its not that big of a deal.. our last 30+ claims in aery I've been at we havent slept. I cant even remember the last time we slept Tiamat. Our last Nidhogg our 2 PLD/NINs tanked from 100% to 15% without a single cure from anyone besides eachother. Completely self sufficient, spent most MP on curing melees instead.

The luck factor keeps LSs from wiping once Fafnir starts spamming wings, no matter how much MP your WHMs have you cant save anyone without high HP from 5-6 wings in less than 15 seconds, when you get unlucky with wings, its a big breather to know that you have a few minutes to recover from a PMS-mode fafhogg. Every LS has to sleep faf sometimes, if you're fighting him with 11 people then sleeping is a welcome tactic when your only WHM or RDM runs dry on MP.

If you're fighting with 18 and 8-9 people go down to wings, i dont think anyone would be thinking that an unsleepable fafnir is a good idea cause no matter how good your LS is, you're bound to run into those shitty fafs who spam wings 6-7 times in a row when you have only 2 melees whacking it and then you need to sleep it to recover but you're unable to. Unless you're willing to risk Ridills and body abjs on a luck streak with wings, i dont see why you'd want this as an option.

@ last poster: even a significant sleep resistance could spell death for anyone, but im part of the "wyrms are fine the way they are" arguement...(except for CoP wyrm lootpools of course lawl).

Can't wait to see the replies from this:

Why not make mazurka a non-hate gaining song. Sure people going to get pissed cause nin/brd brd/nin is the new hotness but it would also eliminate the fags that spam it to steal claim.

and before you all beat me to death with it I know /blockaid ftw.

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 30 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast