Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Old Merits
    BG Level

Questions to SE- November (latest email on page 23)

Please also check the other Thread "Square Enix and US ppl".

Ok guys this is not the ONLY chance to ask the Development Team, I will send questions ectect again b4 this year ends. I hope I chose the right questions, iam also sorry I did not pick some questions from other people yet. I really try my best to ask ALL possible questions. It is just not that easy >.<
    What I want you guys to do is… try to make questions or other stuff shorter, please quote that section/question then and write it better. If you want to reply and start into flaming or “blablabl hahaha” “blablabla JP ONRY” “blablabl Square sucks” “blablabl you wont get any answer for this from them” chose to :

NOT POST

I don’t get paid for this, and I also do Not care that much anymore about FF XI since I play PSU, go out almost every day and other reasons. I do this for you… well any maybe 2-3 questions come out of my personal interest.

So please try to keep this as easy as possible for me to read through. If you have a further question feel free to PM me here. Again iam sorry I haven’t picked your question(s). Most of them WILL be asked though. Main reasons many questions haven’t been asked was because of the nice crap going on in the other Thread so I chose to mainly ask what is listed below.

I still hope you like it ^^ And like said if anything can be improved write me also a PM or quote and post it here in this Thread. I have not reread most of the stuff since I g2g home soon and have too much stuff to do at home/work/RL ectect :D

Later Berc.

-----Questions on the progress of ideas presented in August 2006 Interview -----

Question A:
    What information can you give us concerning progress of implementing ideas presented in the Interview on August 23, 2006 at the Games Convention 2006 in Leipzig/Germany?
    To refresh, the following ideas were presented:
    - server immigration(for a small fee like in other MMOs),
    - mini games/bcnm/quests involving characters/settings from other games under
    Square franchise(ex. Kingdom Hearts, previous Final Fantasy I-X), -
    - inventory/storage increase using alternate methods of memory allocation).

-----Questions on 21-24 hour HNMs, "The 3 Kings"-----

Background:
    Some of the most powerful items in the game come from HNMs that are several years old. Fafnir, Nidhogg, King Behemoth, and Aspidochelone are all on 21-24 hour repop timers after they have been killed, forcing the people who would like to fight these HNM to wait what is often 2 or 3 hours doing nothing.

As more players get to level 75 more players also want these items, giving people who go to camp the HNM pop an even smaller chance of fighting Fafnir, Nidhogg, King Behemoth, or Aspidochelone. Nothing has been done to relieve the heavy concentrations of players in these older areas of the game, where they are often only playing so that they can get a good item and not for fun. Waiting 3 hours for a small chance to claim a HNM is not fun for players, even if the fights themselves are exciting.

Question 1:
    Will there ever be new HNMs that drop equal or better gear than Fafnir, Nidhogg, King Behemoth, and Aspidochelone that do not have 21-24 hour repop timers or that can be popped rather than camped?

Question 2:
    Will Fafnir, Nidhogg, King Behemoth, and Aspidochelone ever be altered to keep players from having to camp them for 3 hours every day?

Question 3:
    Are there any other ideas under development for the powerful gear obtained from the "3 kings" 21-24 hour HNMs? What does the development team think of the graphic that was shown at the games convention?

Please check the graphic :
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/S...tsystemcu2.jpg
    Or click this link :
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/Squa ... temcu2.jpg

Question 4:
    Are there any plans to add weapons equivilant or better than the Ridill sword dropped by the 21-24 hour NM Fafnir? Are any equivilant weapons going to be added that can be utilized by other jobs, as Ridills are primarily used only by Warriors?

-----Questions on Tu'lia NMs and "Sky" HNMs-----

Background:
    The Ullikumi NM in the Shrine of Ru'avitau is a difficult obstacle for players who are looking to pop Byakko and ultimately Kirin. Even though Ullikumi's drop-- the Autumnstone --is required to even face Byakko, it is on a very long repop timer. The Ullikumi NM is also camped constantly by large groups of anonymous members with no linkshell who then sell the stone instead of using it themselves.

Question 5:
    Can the pop conditions of the Ullikumi NM be changed so that it is a more frequent (2-3 hour) lottery spawn or similar to other Tu'lia NMs that require pop items from normal monsters(Waters from Pots, that are used to pop the NM Olla(Grande))?

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/S...rinNOsmall.JPG
    And/or click this link :
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/Squa ... irinNO.JPG
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/S...kyBySpooky.jpg
    And/or click this link :
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/Squa ... Spooky.jpg

-----Questions on Al'taieu and "Sea" HNMs-----

Question 6:
    Why are pop items for the god HNM in Tu'lia 100% drops but the pop items for jailer HNM in Al'taieu very rare?

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/S...full2small.JPG
    And/or click this link :
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/Squa ... _full2.jpg

Question 7:
    Will virtue stones (used for jailer weapons) be made quiverable like most other ammunition in the game?

-----Questions on Kindred Seal and Beastmen Seal Battlefields-----

Background:
    Creating new Beastmen Seal battlefields that are uncapped would allow players to use seals without having to buy level 20, 30, 40, 50, or 60 gear. In addition, Kindred Seal 99 battlefields could be good places to place abjuration drops that are otherwise only found on 21-24 hour HNM (Fafnir, Nidhogg, King Behemoth, and Aspidochelone, commonly called the "3 kings").

Question 8:
    Can new uncapped Beastmen Seal battlefields (BC99) be added? Can abjuration items and other "3 kings" gear be added to existing or new Kindred Seal 99 (KS99) battlefields?

Question 9:
    Can the orbs used to gain access to Beastmen Seal and Kindred Seal battlefields be made stackable to ease the amount of travel needed to use up seals?

-----Questions on Dynamis and Limbus-----

Question 10:
    Hydra gear is extremely difficult to acquire but many pieces are not useful, or are only used for the Fellowship NPC characters that have not been improved in many months. Why did this gear unique to Dynamis-Tavnazia turn out the way it did? How does the development team create new gear?

Question 11:
    The CoP expansion brought Dynamis-Valkurm, Dynamis-Buburimu, Dynamis-Qufim, and Dynamis-Tavnazia to the game. These dynamis areas have extremely low drop rates for dynamis currency, used to upgrade relic weapons. Can the drop rate for dynamis currency ever be made higher for these difficult-to-reach areas?

Question 12:
    Can Limbus be made into an instanced scenario similar to Assault?

Question 13:
    Why can dynamis, limbus, and some battlefields only be entered by one group at a time?

-----Questions on Beastmaster-----

Background:
    Beastmasters cannot charm any monsters in the Al'Taeiu region. They cannot help their parties, alliances, or themselves with only jug pets, which are substantially weaker against the high-level monsters in this region.

Question 14:
    Will Beastmasters ever be able to charm any Al'Taieu monsters in order to be useful in this region?

Background:
    Beastmasters have enforced timers on their "Call Beast" pets, and with all of the rare CoP expansion jug pets such as LifedrinkerLars the timer is only 15 minutes. In many areas used by level 75 players there are no suitable Decent challenge or Even match pets for use by Beastmasters, so they must rely on their "Call Beast" ability.

Question 15:
    Will jug pets ever have the timer for their use eliminated or increased?

http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/S...rtkh1small.JPG
    And/or click this link :
    http://people.freenet.de/DiamantLS/Squa ... artkh1.jpg

-----Miscellaneous Questions-----

Background:
    The CoP expansion introduced the new "grand wyrm" HNM that have even longer repop timers than the "3 kings": Tiamat, Jormungand, and Vrtra. Even though the repop timer for these monsters is very long and the fights are much more difficult than the Zilart expansion HNMs these wyrms drop poor gear or often times nothing at all. This is very frustrating to players that sometimes spend hours of their time fighting one of the wyrms.

Question 16:
    Will new gear or abjurations be added to the CoP wyrms? Will the Monarch Orb used to enter "The Wyrmking Descends" BCNM be added to the treasure dropped by these HNM? Will the pop conditions for Tiamat, Jormungand, or Vrtra ever be made into BCNM like "Ouryu Cometh?"

Background:
    Crafting is an area of the game that is fun for many players. However, often times a high-level crafter can easily break a low-level synthesis or fail to make a high-quality product.

Question 17:
    Does wearing corresponding elemental staves or synthesizing while facing certain directions have any effects on success and fail rates for synthesis? Do these actions or crafting on certain elemental days or in certain weather have ANY effect on crafting results?

Like a boss yo
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin
    WoW Realm
    Mal'Ganis

I like the questions Becus :D especially the one you posed about assault. Hope to hear soon what the answers are If you get them, I praise yin for your questions to be read

m(._.)m Praise!

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

didn't read any of it. but do us all a favor, stop asking questions and start breaking faces. i think the only way they'll do shit is if we do something similar to that in clockwork orange to some of their "dev. team", except instead of murder and rape and shit we put, well, worse, ffxi in its current, pathetic state.

that is all!

oh yeah, LOL@

If you want to reply and start into flaming or “blablabl hahaha” “blablabla JP ONRY” “blablabl Square sucks” “blablabl you wont get any answer for this from them” chose to :

NOT POST

Sea Torques
    BG Level

yes and yes.

Thanks!

Demosthenes11

then say like
    "SO I see you have broken AV in the last update, making sea even more retarded and rewardless, how do you plan on keep players from not bashing their heads into walls?"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Re: Questions to SE - November

Quote Originally Posted by bercus
    Question 14 :
    Is it possible to increase CoP dynamis drop rate by ~1/3 or 1/4 or such and increase currency drops (maybe make dragon farming in Bubu drop great currency)? It seems like that would please many people.
    I'd reword this to make note that it's not worth the 1 million gil hourglass for so little currency compared to regular dynamis.

Also, every time we go up to sea, my roommate makes a note that we're usually the only people there. How do they feel that an entire region's worth of development goes relatively unused?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by anhero
    didn't read any of it. but do us all a favor, stop asking questions and start breaking faces. i think the only way they'll do shit is if we do something similar to that in clockwork orange to some of their "dev. team", except instead of murder and rape and shit we put, well, worse, ffxi in its current, pathetic state.

that is all!

oh yeah, LOL@

If you want to reply and start into flaming or “blablabl hahaha” “blablabla JP ONRY” “blablabl Square sucks” “blablabl you wont get any answer for this from them” chose to :

NOT POST
    ^^

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Miji
    Also, every time we go up to sea, my roommate makes a note that we're usually the only people there. How do they feel that an entire region's worth of development goes relatively unused?
    I guess I will include this sentence ^^.
    Btw I like your 75 Jobs

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Some of those questions have been answered one-million times. No they do not plan to make CoP wyrms have better gear, they already probably regret making things like ridill and d. ring as it is. Some of those questions need to be rephrased in a "ok listen up, the players want you to do this so get your head out of your ass" manner.

Ex.

CoP wyrms drop worse loot than Zilart kings, this needs to be changed to reflect the difficulty(lol) of these harder encounters.

Idk, just be a little more forceful without being rude or sounding childish. I think it would have better results.

Edit: I learned to read things written in black, and looked at the post again and saw you already wrote something like this, DISREGARD

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here is another very important Beastmaster related question.

Question: Why is Beastmaster the only job that doesn't have any useful job abilities and job traits that would help them fight mobs in a party based situation. All of the job abilities and job traits a Beastmaster gets focus mainly on charming and releasing mobs. If it was the intent of the developers to have Beastmaster play a major role in crowd control, why aren't there many, if not, any HNMs that spawn high level, charmable mobs that a Beastmaster might be able to play a major role in? At the moment Beastmaster doesn't have the potential to play an important part in an HNM fight nor do they have the job abilities and job traits to be anything other than a second rate Warrior in an experience point party. Do you have any plans to redesign the way the Beastmaster job plays in order to make the job more useful?

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elesar
    Here is another very important Beastmaster related question.

Question: Why is Beastmaster the only job that doesn't have any useful job abilities and job traits that would help them fight mobs in a party based situation. All of the job abilities and job traits a Beastmaster gets focus mainly on charming and releasing mobs. If it was the intent of the developers to have Beastmaster play a major role in crowd control, why aren't there many, if not, any HNMs that spawn high level, charmable mobs that a Beastmaster might be able to play a major role in? At the moment Beastmaster doesn't have the potential to play an important part in an HNM fight nor do they have the job abilities and job traits to be anything other than a second rate Warrior in an experience point party. Do you have any plans to redesign the way the Beastmaster job plays in order to make the job more useful?
    Oh I forgot >.<
    I will also send them 4 pages of BST suggestions since i got a few PMs about this, know many friends who want this to change ectect.

Suggestions/Requests/Ideas fort he Beastmaster Job

Ideas from Player 1 :

At Vanafesta2006 you said: "[ Beastmaster ] - [Experts at taming and controlling the most powerful of beasts.]
    Adjustments Planned: While there are no plans on adjusting aspects of solo play, adjustments are underway to widen the possibilities for
    party play."

New Jug Pets: Please grant us with more new jug pets that are easier to obtain. We mainly need pets that are proficient in Damage Dealing. Also, jug pets that use Enfeebling, & AoE Party enhancements would be a good idea. (e.g. A Dhalmel jug)

Current Jug Pet System Adjustments: Please remove or greatly expand the time limit on all jug pets. Most of the jug pets are not worth the 15 minute time limit for the prices they currently sell for.

Increase the level limit on all Jug Pets: Increase the jug pet level limit on all jugs so that BST are able to have all of the current jug pets to Level 75 with merits. Then, BST will be on equal terms with other pet jobs(DRG, PUP & SMN) which currently have Level 75 pets .

Please consider removing the exp penalty when you have a charmed monster: EXP penalties are one of the major changes that alienated BST from exp/merit point parties due to misconception from the masses. BST should be on equal terms with DRG, PUP & SMN and not recieve a penalty when fighting with a charmed monster.

[Increase the amount of monsters BST can charm: Beastmasters are "Experts at taming and controlling the most powerful of beasts." Let us BST live up to that quote and grant us the ability to charm Greater Monsters again: Wyvern, Morbol, Roc, Manticore etc. I understand you removed the ability to charm greater monsters in 2003, but the times have changed and we need to catch up and be on par with WAR and MNK. With Greater Monsters, charmed or as jug pets, the FFXI society may accept us as a regular party member once again. If you do add this, please make it so that only BST as a main job can charm the greater monsters.

[Greater Monster Jug Pets]: Please add Greater Monsters such as: Wyvern, Morbol, Roc, Goobue, Manticore etc. to be called by use of Pet Jugs.

New Abilties & Job Traits: Please give Beastmaster new damage dealing job abilities.
    [Example]
    New abilities & Traits like "Hasso" & "Seigan" that grants a bonus to attack speed, accuracy, and Strength when using one-handed weapons.
    Damage Dealing job abilities like Berserk, Aggressor, Warcry that you can share with your pet. (e.g. Pet Attack & Accuracy Bonus + Beastmaster Attack & Accuracy Bonus)
    Manipulate Trait]: A trait to enhance "Sic". When you use "Sic" together with the "Manipulate" job trait, you will be able to choose which pet ability/attack you want the pet to initiate.

Allow Beastmasters and other jobs to Skillchain with the BST pet: Much like the other pet jobs(DRG, PUP & SMN) and like Blue Mage, BST should be able to perform Skillchains with their pet's physical skills and Magic Burst with their pet's magical skills. Together with the "Manipulate" trait that enhances "Sic"(Allows BST to choose Pet skills when using "Sic") this can be a great new addition to Beastmaster.

[Example]
    1. BST uses "Sic"(Manipulate) and selects "Mandibular Bite"
    Pet Antlion uses "Mandibular Bite"...
    BST uses "Decimation" = Fragmention.

2. BST uses "Sic"(Manipulate) and selects "Claw Cyclone"
    Pet Tiger uses "Claw Cyclone"...
    BST uses "Spiral Hell" = Distortion.

3. BST uses "Sic"(Manipulate) and selects "Foot Kick"
    Pet Rabbit uses "Foot Kick"...
    SAM uses "Tachi: Kasha" = Gravitation

If Greater Monsters like the Ram were available to charm(BST main job only) and or be called by using jugs, BST would be able to make a Light skillchain.

4. BST uses "Decimation"...
    BST uses "Sic"(Manipulate) and selects "Ram Charge"
    Pet Ram uses "Ram Charge" = Light

At the current times, BST do not get party invites as much as the other jobs. We are considered to be one of the worst Damage Dealing jobs. If you grant us Damage Dealing abilities as well as more powerful pets, perhaps we can become considered a powerful damage dealing job and be invited to more exp parties, merit point parties, and HNM Alliances. We (The BST community) Are not asking to become the most powerful job. We just want to be accepted in FFXI as a good job on par with the other great damage dealing jobs.

Thank you.

Ideas from Player 2 :

1)
    The Beastmaster will be able to receive job traits
    from the current pet's job traits. Example: Current pet is a
    Wajaom Tiger (Lv75). Tigers are Warrior mobs so you will
    receive the job traits of a Warrior up to the current level of you
    pet. To avoid being overpowered, you will only be able to
    select 1 (or 2 if you merit it) active job traits from your pet.
    So, this will mean you can have a tiger charmed and select to
    have your tiger's Attack Bonus shared with you.

2)
    Many Notorious Monsters in this game that are
    animal mobs can also cast magic. How about having two
    sets of "Sic" job abilities. One will be the normal Sic we have
    had where your pet will be able to perform a TP based move
    and with the Manipulate trait we can select what TP move our
    pet will use. (To avoid being overpowered we can only use the
    Manipulate trait on pets summoned used by Call Beast.) The
    second version of Sic will allow our pets to cast magic on the
    mob. (To avoid being overpowered the spells our pets will be
    able to cast will only be single target spells.) This new Sic job
    ability will allow us to be more useful at HNM fights.

3)
    Making use of the "Gauge" job ability. Up till now
    Gauge would only allow a Beastmaster to check how hard it
    will be to charm a mob. How about letting the Beastmaster use
    Gauge to check a mob's weakness, current health, and status
    effects. To avoid having to read a wall of text you can make it
    so you will only get one specific message each time you use
    "Gauge". You will also be able to use Gauge on your currently
    charmed pet. This will also help increase a Beastmasters'
    usefulness in HNM fights.

4)
    Other types of pet foods. As of now pet food would only
    heal your pet's hp, give a regen effect, and with certain armor
    removes certain status effects. How about introducing new pet
    food that will allow us to give our pets accuracy, attack,
    defense boost, and possibly other types of status boosts. The
    food will last as long as normal food lasts. We will also be able
    to check our pet's health and status information with "Gauge"
    (see #3).

5)
    Make Feral Howl more useful. Allow Feral Howl to keep a
    mob terrorized for longer than one second. A good amount
    would probably be 15 to 30 seconds. This duration will be good
    for hold a mob still while a group of damage dealers create a
    skillchain. Feral Howl will also help improve a Beastmaster's
    role in HNM fights.

6)
    Make all high quality jug pets look different than the
    normal version. The only jug pet that was altered to look
    different than his or her normal counterpart was CourierCarrie.
    If all the high quality pets were altered to look different than it
    would not only make Beastmaster more unique but also
    motivate more players to level up the job.

7)
    Make Familiar more useful. When using the job ability
    "Familiar" the Beastmaster's pet will perform its two-hour for
    duration of 15 seconds. Example: A madragora pet is a Monk
    mob. Using Familiar with a madragora charmed will allow the
    charmed pet to do Hundred Fists for duration of 15 seconds.

8 )
    Beastmaster needs Amorpha and Bird jug pets to
    summon. Currently Beastmasters can give all killer traits
    using Killer Instinct except for Aquan killer and Amorph killer.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Bercus, looks like you did a great job of compilation.

I think it would be great to get some responses to these questions so players can know for sure that SE will listen & respond. Then once we know this, questions can be more specific & streamlined to get answers to particular issues... i.e. 4-5 questions about the same problem, etc.

Also, glad to see very little emphasis on gilsellers... the problems exists, but sheesh enough already. Let's get some answers to other issues.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Just some points on a few questions, the rest are really good. Might want to reconsider asking some of these considering they're typical questions which give back the typical responses that lead no where and won't help the game overall.

Question 9:
    Is it possible to make Orbs (Ex) or make them stackable and just let them dissapear once they have been traded to the Burning Circle?

Are there plans to change how the use of Orbs work?
    Each orb is a mini-quest. When you trade the used orb in you get the quest dingle. Seems kindof odd that they would make those changes which would remove the 'quest'. Also it acts as a control factor so people can't do alot very fast. It's an inconvenience, but only 1-2 a month.

Question 12
    What is the purpose of Hydra gear? Why does it exist? What was the idea behind the development of it?
    It's gear, you wear it, that's it's purpose. There are a lot of things in the game which you would never wear because Lv1 RSE makes more sense. It's a choice, that is all. And if there was a higher meaning, they wouldn't say off the cuff. It took them how long to tell the Goblin Drink recipe?

Question 13
    Ridill is still a rediculously dominant weapon, far better than any other weapon. Are there plans to change that (in any way.)? When do we get the promised new gear?
    This question doesn't have an answer. Ridill is good for the jobs that can use it, but doesn't help the jobs that can't. There's also Sorboro, Merc Kris and Jormungand's Staff which are comprable for alternative weapons.

Question 14 :
    Is it possible to increase CoP dynamis drop rate by ~1/3 or 1/4 or such and increase currency drops (maybe make dragon farming in Bubu drop great currency)? It seems like that would please many people.
    >.> Gimmie more! There's not much else here.

Question 15 :
    Why did you not make Limbus instanced like you did with Assault?
    s there no way to make more content instanced like Assault? In the last Interview Sage Sundi said this is a Server problem. Can you give us more Informtion about this? We would really like to be able to do more of these Missions when we want to do them.
    Answer: It's a server problem. They'll give that answer because there are a lot of technical issues which mean nothing to anyone who isn't their design team.

Question 16 :
    I for example have to skip often a Limbus event because there is ONE Ninja soloing South East Apollyon for Ancient Beastcoins. Since we can’t wait to enter so long because we also need to rush to Dynamis since it is not instanced afterwards.
    What is the whole purpose of having Dynamis,Limbus and other stuff possible to enter only once by a Linkshell/Group?
    Same answer as the last question, server issue or server constraints.

Background:
    CoP wyrms give FAR too little reward considering the
    dificulty, this needs to be addressed.

Question 17:
    Do you have any plans to make more rewarding gear for CoP Wyrms Fights considering the difficulty of the fight?
    Their drop table is unique, Vrtra is 25+mil in cashmire, Jorm is 16mil in Ores, Ouryu is about 10 + orb for Baha 2, and Tiamat is Gaiters. Their drops are nice, but not enough for most people. I wouldn't ask or expect a change.

Some suggestions I had:
    With most HNM now, it's a matter of getting claim as most shells are capable of killing. If they aren't willing to extend the changes in Question 8, this may be an alternative. The whole purpose of botting is to get claim first, so if you eliminate the desire to get claim right on pop, then you eliminate the need to bot. So if all NMs which currently are capable of "Rage" mode were to spawn raged with a random cooldown timer up to 5min, linkshells would have to back off and wouldn't be trying for first claim.

With BST pets when they're released outside of their home, they'll depop according to the anti-mpk rules. If someone were to kill a BST pet after it's released, they would not gain EXP for a period of time. My suggestion is that during this time, the pet enters a 'Dazed' mode. In this mode the name will turn a colour indicating it was a BST pet and cannot earn EXP. While the pet is dazed it will start to head to it's home and will not aggro or link. It will also regen as normal during this time. When the pet leaves dazed mode and if it is not back at it's home, then it would depop according to the anti-mpk rules. This allows BST to bring a pet to EXP parties without having to find a new one each battle as well as when they're soloing they won't consistently have to search for new pets.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    There's also Sorboro, Merc Kris and Jormungand's Staff which are comprable for alternative weapons.
    Are you high? The merc pole has the same damage as a fucking onion staff. Kris dmg is also low as well as Sorboro for the higher levels. People like ridill because 1) It attacks alot 2) Its one of the strongest swords anyway.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Delay isn't bad too.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Nikko Toska
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    Quote Originally Posted by Aodh
    There's also Sorboro, Merc Kris and Jormungand's Staff which are comprable for alternative weapons.
    Are you high? The merc pole has the same damage as a fucking onion staff. Kris dmg is also low as well as Sorboro for the higher levels. People like ridill because 1) It attacks alot 2) Its one of the strongest swords anyway.
    Ridill is unquestionably the best sword in the game, until some thing replaces it, otherwise you have alternatives. Asking when there are going to be other weapons equivalent to Ridill is a poor question to ask because there will be nothing the same, only different. Sorboro is a dupe on Ridill damage wise, just a longer delay. I'm not trying to say that the other weapons are "As Good" to Ridill, but you can't ask when The Sword of a Thousand Truths is going to be added and expect a serious or any response.

Daddy Warbucks
    BG Level

I'd also like to hear something about The Ashu Talif BCNM. Maybe increase drop rates on the star saphire / yoichi sash / barbarossa zerehs. A form of being able to do several runs every few days like assault tags would be very nice too, as it can be fairly aggrivating and time consuming every day.

I don't know what forum style you're using, but the blue text is IMPOSSIBLE for me to read without highlighting it. To save space, I'm only including the questions that I have comments on.

Question 1:
    Do you plan to take measures for Ullikummi? Or do you plan to leave it like it is?
    Here's what you have to do. Make a graphic that shows the progression of sky gods (like a tournament bracket). Underneath all the NMs, write in Black "3 - 6 Hours to pop". Then under Ullikummi, write in giant red "12+ Hours to pop". Make the arrows to Genbu, Seiryuu, and Suzaku Green, and the Arrow from Ullikummi to Byakko Red with a Giant X through it. Then do the same thing with the 4 arrows connecting the gods to Kirin (the one from Byakko to Kirin is red with an X through it). Make it as blantantly obvious as possible that Ullikummi is the bottleneck to fighting Byakko and Kirin, simply because he pops less often.

Question 4:
    What information can they give us concerning crafting and going for HQs?
    Does crafting work similar to magic spells, in that, if you want a better result, you would synth on the same day/in the same weather as the crystal that you're using/face the direction of the star that corresponds to the crystal, much like you would get more damage from nuking with a spell on the same day/weather? Or does crafting follow different rules for it's results? Does day/weather/facing play ANY role in the results?
    I personally think that all of the whole time/day/moon/direction/color of your hair theories for crafting are BS. If you really want to ask this question, just ask:

Other than a players crafting skill, what determines the results of synthesis?

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

bercus wrote:
    Background:
    CoP wyrms give FAR too little reward considering the
    dificulty, this needs to be addressed.

Question 17:
    Do you have any plans to make more rewarding gear for CoP Wyrms Fights considering the difficulty of the fight?

Their drop table is unique, Vrtra is 25+mil in cashmire, Jorm is 16mil in Ores, Ouryu is about 10 + orb for Baha 2, and Tiamat is Gaiters. Their drops are nice, but not enough for most people. I wouldn't ask or expect a change.
    Its only 25mill in cashmire and 16mill in ores if you can sell it. Having unique drops does not justify them being worthless and most likely unsellable. Ouryu you have a point and maybe Tiamat.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Miji
    Question 14 :
    I'd reword this to make note that it's not worth the 1 million gil hourglass for so little currency compared to regular dynamis.

I think the drop rate in CoP dynamis is fine.

did Buburimu last tuesday, and got this in roughly an hr and a half of farming:
    hands -1: war nin mnk bst blm
    cape/belt: brd brd drg nin
    currency: unknown atm

9 pieces in less than 90 minutes (subtract time spent farming dragons, add time spent killing whm NM). I think thats on par with city drops, where you spend 210 minutes and get anywhere between 15-25 AF.

What SE needs to bump up is the drop rate on the 4 100 currency when beating the boss. 0/10 or so now.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 30 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast