Patron of Yin

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Quote Originally Posted by Revenant2
    Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    Congress = 221 Democrats, 199 Republicans, 15 races undecided

Senate = 46 Democrats, 49 Republican, 2 "Other", 3 races undecided
    Erm... everything I've checked even fox is saying only 2 undecided.

It's 49 republican, 47 democrat, 2 independant, and both of the independant vote with the democrats.

Sooo if the republicans get 1 out of 2, Cheney casts the deciding vote giving them control at 50/50, if the democrats get both they'll get control at 51/49.

Unless in like the last few minutes something has come out saying one of the races they thought was decided is not.
    It's looking pretty certain that Webb and Tester will win their seats, even if there is a recount, making it 51-49. Don't know what D was talking about.
    pfft. Even if Daahan was wrong, he's right... It's Daahan, DONT QUESTION IT
    splendid!

Quote Originally Posted by Cletis
    there was something in ohio that passed where it outlaws smoking in a bar/pub

isnt that kind of... stupid ?

'could you please not smoke while i get smashed and get in my car and drive home?'
    lol been like that in Jersey for a good amount of time now. Doesn't do much, just makes it more annoying walking into bars getting through the 10 smokers standing outside.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

The smoking in bars thing sounds pretty silly until the waitress's union gets involved.

Can't get a better job and don't want to breathe smoke 8 hours a day? Just call the unions!

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    The smoking in bars thing sounds pretty silly until the waitress's union gets involved.

Can't get a better job and don't want to breathe smoke 8 hours a day? Just call the unions!
    Funny because there hasn't been any reports of waitresses who worked at "smoking cafes" who didn't smoke getting lung cancer. Second-hand smoke is a bunch of bullshit. Though, I can't stand being around people who smoke... makes you smell fucking horrible.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

and it is a happy day for the strightedge community http://www.regulatemarijuana.org/ (look at top)

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    Funny because there hasn't been any reports of waitresses who worked at "smoking cafes" who didn't smoke getting lung cancer. Second-hand smoke is a bunch of bullshit.
    You're the first person I've ever heard say that second hand smoke was BS. Do you actually have any proof of this, or are just saying it for the sake of going against what many people believe to be true.

Voter turnout in NC is estimated to be a excellent 31%, destroying the previous record low of 42% 12 years ago. Guess no major state wide races+thunderstorms equals no one wants to fucking vote.

Overall, I'm glad the democrats won the house, I'm praying they don't win the senate, but I think they will...I just hope they don't fuck up too badly in the next 2 years.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Valefor

BRP espouses:
    Funny because there hasn't been any reports of waitresses who worked at "smoking cafes" who didn't smoke getting lung cancer. Second-hand smoke is a bunch of bullshit. Though, I can't stand being around people who smoke... makes you smell fucking horrible.
    Ok, Nick Naylor. Maybe the idea that secondhand smoke causes cancer is bullshit, maybe it isn't. Since you can't stand being around people that smoke maybe you're betraying your convictions, or maybe you are just erring on the side of caution.

In BRP's defense, I also cannot stand being around someone that smells like smoke, let alone be there while someone is smoking away. In all honesty, it's not that I'm afraid of 2nd hand smoke causing cancer, but the smell bothers me.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by edgarfigaro
    I just hope they don't fuck up too badly in the next 2 years.
    It'll be hard to top what happened these last 6 years.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by ozz
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrd
    Quote Originally Posted by ozz
    same reason mondale didnt lose 0-50?!?!
    Unless I'm missing your point
    you are,my point was crack is whack and so is cheese
    Good point. Thanks for clearing that up.

Demosthenes11

Whelp, everything is set for hillary now...

God help the USA

New Merits
    BG Level

I cant believe Jim Talent lost! fucking democrats now they control house and senate.

God damn you guys that thought "well bush is messing up so lets see what the democrats can do." Like Stephen Colbert said CONGRATULATIONS TERRORISTS

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by khain
    I cant believe Jim Talent lost! fucking democrats now they control house and senate.

God damn you guys that thought "well bush is messing up so lets see what the democrats can do." Like Stephen Colbert said CONGRATULATIONS TERRORISTS
    What makes you think the terrorists are being given an advantage now that the legislature is just barely a democratic majority? Grats on falling for Bush's 'if the democrats win, the terrorists win' bullshit.

Bush is still the commander in chief and can do everything he wants until the next budget comes up. That's quite a bit of time and it's unlikely 'slash defense budget' is 1st on the democratic agenda, whatever it may be.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes11

God help the USA
    I highly, highly doubt Hillary will run; I just don't think a woman could possibly win, and she cares more about the Democrats having a chance to win the real election than entering and winning the primary just to do it.

God help the USA
    If only he helped more the past 6 years...

New Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Quote Originally Posted by khain

What makes you think the terrorists are being given an advantage now that the legislature is just barely a democratic majority? Grats on falling for Bush's 'if the democrats win, the terrorists win' bullshit.

Bush is still the commander in chief and can do everything he wants until the next budget comes up. That's quite a bit of time and it's unlikely 'slash defense budget' is 1st on the democratic agenda, whatever it may be.

thats one of those times where you just say LOL yeah I saw that episode

Demosthenes11

Quote Originally Posted by Plow

God help the USA
    I highly, highly doubt Hillary will run; I just don't think a woman could possibly win, and she cares more about the Democrats having a chance to win the real election than entering and winning the primary just to do it.
    what word do you live in and do you have room for me?

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

Jeb Bush 2008