+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Offical Election 2006 Thread.

Polls starting to close here on the east coast, I'm guessing a few landslide victories will be posted in the upcoming hours as the data rolls in.

Anyone have any predictions on the changes in the House/Senate/State Capitols or want to share their voting experiences?

I like how today, in Virginia, we get to vote whether or not Gay people are good enough to have equal rights too :D

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

uh oh, not another political thread! i guess it can't be helped.

Who cares about the elections, they are all rigged anyways

I care about them, especially now, since they're being so ridiculous.

Not only are they trying to keep Homosexual people from getting married, they are also, in that same bill, making it illegal for any types of partners to go into anything that a wed couple may be able to do.

That is a big deal for me because at the moment myself and my boyfriend have been together for 8 years and if this bill passes then I will no longer be allowed to have him on my insurance, or vice versa, because we haven't been married yet. It also means that we can't enroll our son in school together, just as an example since he is only 6, or anything of that nature.

It pissed me off so much that we these people running who say "I'm working for the people." each and every ad that they do and I so badly want someone to pop up at the bottom of the screen and go "UNLESS THEY'RE GAY LOLZ."

I see it just like this one Professor said.

“The amendment should be opposed because it is wrong. Not because there is some general principle about not putting lots of things into constitutions but rather because the substance of the amendment is wrong,” Klarman said. “If somebody proposed an amendment saying white people can’t marry black people or Catholics can’t marry Jews it would be obvious to us that the amendment is wrong. This amendment is equally wrong and if you ask me how I know, I know it for the same reason I know the other things are wrong. It’s wrong to discriminate against people based on race. It’s wrong to discriminate based on religion. It’s wrong to discriminate based on sexual orientation.”

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

I voted for Kinky...sadly I don't think he is going to win

(AP) - Virginians have approved a state constitutional amendment limiting marriage to one man and one woman. The amendment ensures that same-sex couples cannot marry in Virginia. It also blocks lawmakers in the future from creating a status that mimics marriage for same-sex couples. Virginia law already restricts marriage to heterosexual couples. But supporters of the amendment say it was needed to prevent state officials from being forced to recognize gay marriage performed elsewhere. Opponents said the amendment could potentially prohibit unmarried opposite-sex couples from obtaining things like property and hospital visitation rights. The measure had to pass two successive legislative sessions divided by a House election before coming to voters, the final step in amending the state Constitution. Massachusetts is the only state that allows gay marriage. Vermont and Connecticut allow civil unions.

GG Virginia GG.

Take it from me or anyone that has been married..

The state of Virginia did all the gay people there a huge favor by passing this.

I think it's funny because now everyone is realizing it fucks them all over too.

Strangely, our polling place ballots only had candidates on them, not issues...

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

Congress = 221 Democrats, 199 Republicans, 15 races undecided

Senate = 46 Democrats, 49 Republican, 2 "Other", 3 races undecided

This year it all seemed shitty from my perspective as a resident of Florida...here the big issues are the ones that all the politicians say they have the "answers" to; however, these same politicians were already in positions within the Floridian government to have done something about it, is very frustrating really, but I guess all shit stinks when it comes down to it.

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan

Erm... everything I've checked even fox is saying only 2 undecided.

It's 49 republican, 47 democrat, 2 independant, and both of the independant vote with the democrats.

Sooo if the republicans get 1 out of 2, Cheney casts the deciding vote giving them control at 50/50, if the democrats get both they'll get control at 51/49.

Unless in like the last few minutes something has come out saying one of the races they thought was decided is not.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sath Fenrir
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

Democrats took all ur ridills.

Thank fuckin god.

The Mizzle Fizzle of Nikkei's Haremizzle

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bismarck

Quote Originally Posted by Fuuko
    I voted for Kinky...sadly I don't think he is going to win

XD

With a name like Kinky Friedman how could you not. I voted for him as well >.>

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by SathFenrir
    Democrats took all ur ridills.

Thank fuckin god.
    can I make this my sig? lol

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Here's the Political Recap that matters:

Pennsylvania
    Senate

Casey, Jr. 2,309,609 59%
    Santorum* 1,625,878 41%

House of Representatives
    Altmire 127,373 52%
    Hart* 117,264 48%

Governor
    Rendell* 2,382,982 60%
    Swann 1,568,537 40%

I was actually smiling on my way to work this morning because Rick "Man-on-dog" Santorum got de-elected. I'm glad that Hart got the boot, but I am thrilled that people didn't buy into the sham that is Lynn Swann.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

For us we got to vote on whether or not to change the name of our town among the candidates. The town name changed ; ; we were part of a township with like 130,000people total, a nice shore community with like 220 years of history or something. The name that they wanted to change it too was the name of just one small part, with only 11,000 people. Before it was changed, devolpers and franchise owners saw 11,000 people and decided not to put anything here, but now when they see it's 130,000 they may come here. Sucks. As for the candidates, honestly, I didn't like any of ours. However, one guy wanted to legalize marijuana... yeah that's where my vote went lol. Marijuana isn't really that good or fun, but it's just the principle of it.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Septimus
    House of Representatives
    Altmire 127,373 52%
    Hart* 117,264 48%
    For a second I thought that said Atumre.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Plow
    Quote Originally Posted by Daahan

Erm... everything I've checked even fox is saying only 2 undecided.

It's 49 republican, 47 democrat, 2 independant, and both of the independant vote with the democrats.

Sooo if the republicans get 1 out of 2, Cheney casts the deciding vote giving them control at 50/50, if the democrats get both they'll get control at 51/49.

Unless in like the last few minutes something has come out saying one of the races they thought was decided is not.
    It's looking pretty certain that Webb and Tester will win their seats, even if there is a recount, making it 51-49. Don't know what D was talking about.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast