+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Where the hell is Gil Snapper..

I have zoned in and out dozens of times, checked everywhere, where the hell is this damned NM.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Have to chop down the 6 withered trees to make a path to the area he's in. It's off the southeast map near the bridge. Once you're there you have to keep zoning until its heavily raining, then he'll be up.

Popped him once and died at 1% due to carelessness. Now it wont pop again.

WTF was SE thinking in making items/mobs super rare pops in a single fucking player game.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra

WTF was SE thinking in making items/mobs super rare pops in a single fucking player game.
    Keep us busy until FFXIII obviously.

Ranger
    2600klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

youve obviously never heard of pinkpuff in ff4

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Difficult and/or annoying to such a degree is SE standard. It wasn't new with FFXI, it isn't new with FFXII.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Sonomaa is officially older school than me. I didn't know about pink puffs until after I lost my snes and was playing 4 hardtype on an emulator. So I just state saved in that room and then reloaded until they showed up. And then state saved again before killing the last one and reloaded until the tail dropped...

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just keep zoning in and out. I went about 1/50 on zones looking for Gil Snapper. I especially hated when I would exit the zone Snapper was supposed to be in and see the heavy rains, and when I would zone back in there would be clear skies.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by Ziegus
    Just keep zoning in and out. I went about 1/50 on zones looking for Gil Snapper. I especially hated when I would exit the zone Snapper was supposed to be in and see the heavy rains, and when I would zone back in there would be clear skies.
    yeah that happened to me too. The worst part for me was one time i thought it was heavy rains (didn't know the guy speaks to you) and ran around to check for a big turtle or a big red dot on radar, got hit with a trap that emptied my mp pool... walked back in one time later (with like 20mp) and mob was up, so i fought it without mp lol. Was hard as hell at level 30 without decoy but it was fun because of the difficulty.

I have no problem with a game being difficult due to challenging fights and hard puzzles. My problem comes from making mobs and chests randomly pop in a vain attempt to squeeze more play time into the game. Couldnt SE have just simply added more things to do... rather then assume the game would be too short if a character could actualyl find what they were looking for ...

I just for once would like to:

1. Get assigned to kill mob.
    2. Go find the mob waiting.
    3. Have an amazing battle.
    4. Get a decent reward.

Not:

1. Get assigned to kill a mob.
    2. Zone in and out of a zone 200 times to get it to pop.
    3. Have an ok battle.
    4. Get a decent reward occasionaly.

I mean honestly, can someone tell me what function in life random spawn hunt mobs serves? Did zoning over and over do ANYTHING but waste your time?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Yeah so far Gil Snapper, Trickster, and Mindflayer have done this to me and its quite annoying ._.

While zoning in and out is annoying, it's more of a puzzle to figure out than anything else when it comes to spawn conditions. They leave enough hints on how to pop every hunt mob.

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

I have no problem with a game being difficult due to challenging fights and hard puzzles. My problem comes from making mobs and chests randomly pop in a vain attempt to squeeze more play time into the game. Couldnt SE have just simply added more things to do... rather then assume the game would be too short if a character could actualyl find what they were looking for ...

I just for once would like to:

1. Get assigned to kill mob.
    2. Go find the mob waiting.
    3. Have an amazing battle.
    4. Get a decent reward.

Not:

1. Get assigned to kill a mob.
    2. Zone in and out of a zone 200 times to get it to pop.
    3. Have an ok battle.
    4. Get a decent reward occasionaly.

I mean honestly, can someone tell me what function in life random spawn hunt mobs serves? Did zoning over and over do ANYTHING but waste your time?
    sigh... I for one think there is alot of fucking shit to do. Squeeze more time into the game? I've already got like 35hours into it and i'm only level 32 at mt. ominscae. Honestly i'm happy i have to bitch and put effort into chests... why am i happy? Cause i rather it not be easy to just walk in get a zodiac spear or whatever and walk out of somewhere. I can understand if you want better rewards from mob hunts, but i thought that icebrand and golden amulet were pretty nice mob drops if you didn't have one already or didn't have something better. I rather those overkill items be annoying and require running 3 zones away, comming back and checking again to find no chest there are all 8 times in a row and then when you do see a chest it's not the right one. Overkill items are fun and last a while but i get bored of seeing the same weapon for 15levels straight and rather use what i get from shops or mobs and have to actually work to kill shit.

Gil snapper I only had to zone in and out like 20 times, no big deal, it wasn't 3 zones away like chests are it was walk in, walk out. Maybe 5 seconds each way? Damn you mean it takes 5minutes to pop a mob!!! Or 10 if you're unlucky!!! Seriously it's not that bad, and if you have played previous FF's there have been MUCH worse. If gil snapper was annoying to you, dont bother doing any more hunts.

And about "having an ok battle" Dont use any super weapons, quicknesses, and start fights like gil snapper without mp without decoy. I did that at 30, and it kicked my ass and was one hell of a fun fight. I barely won, and that was when i had to resort to quicknesses (which didn't help as much as i needed them to)

It took me 1.5 hours to pop it, not 5 mins, and thats with doing nothing but zoning in and out.

And as i posted above, i would rather have a challenging fight for great rewards (zodiac spear), then have a random pop mob or chest i have to spam zone for hours (deathbringer).

My evaluations thus far:

Pros:
    1. Amazingly beautiful game. The CGI, the Quickenings, the zones, the fights, everything is gorgeous.
    2. 3 d characters (personality, not graphics >.>). No one is "just evil or good", the empire is represented and humanized, as are the resistance and everyone else.
    3. Great storyline, well thoughout, very fun.
    4. Amazing Boss fights, some are very challenging and i have had a blast doing them.
    5. Game Dynamics: Gambit system adds a unique approach to handling tougher mobs and the license board allows each character to be developed in the way you see fit, very impressive.

Cons:
    1. Random Pop chests/mobs (this isnt a MMORPG, if you want an item to feel special, make it a boss fight reward, not a reward for who can spam the zone 4000 times).
    2. Game Dynamics (also a Pro, i love being able to make any character have any spell or ability, but it loses each characters uniqueness and everyone basically becomes a cookie cutter, offering nothing over the others then different player graphics).

Still giving the game an A+, just wish some of the annoyances could be ironed out.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

each game has its sadistic moments that we all have to endure to get whatever reward... dodging 200 lightning bolts anyone?

zoning back and forth isnt that bad imo

Ironing this Thread

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

My only con with the game really besides the music guy is that you can only use a 3person party... why only let us use 3 when there are 6 awesome people lol.

I love balthier, and i'd love to use him... but damnit he sucks and if i could use 4 people than i could have 3 really strong ones and him just to play with! Or i could have a real whitemage instead of hybrids... I'd love to use Ashe too but i dont really need to. In every other FF, I knew my main party characters. I had no doubts to them and i had no reason at all to use anyone else unless i was forced to (like 3 people getting split up or something [damn you ff8]). But with this game as soon as i got ashe and penelo i just sat there for 10 minutes and stared at my party list and thought; damnit who do i keep in full time. It was a really tough decision for me lol.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

why only let us use 3 when there are 6 awesome people lol.
    God I thought the same thing. When I first got whoever the fourth person was (Basch? lol) I went into the menu and was able to click all 4 being in the party. I was sooooo happy until I saw the message "You can't put more than 3 people in the battle party." ;_;

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

I haven't reached this part of the game yet, but for some reason Gil Snapper kinda reminds me of that giant turtle optional boss in FF5, Gilgame. Think its a deliberate reference?

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    I haven't reached this part of the game yet, but for some reason Gil Snapper kinda reminds me of that giant turtle optional boss in FF5, Gilgame. Think its a deliberate reference?
    it's actually called Gilgame in JP version ;o

you mentioning that just reminded me

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Yeah so far Gil Snapper, Trickster, and Mindflayer have done this to me and its quite annoying ._.

!!!

how do you get mindflayer to pop???? description says mob pops in a misty area but in the phase 1 dig area there areny many misty areas

sigh help!

oh and also need help with catoblepas, i went to the zentahah(sp) caverns and searched every possible spot that was reachable fmro the ozmone plains... was not able to find this mob anywhere

help on this one as well plzzzz

Quick Reply Quick Reply

• Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag