Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Apocalypse Nigh.     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Apocalypse Nigh.

Made a search already, but didn't find anything about strategy. Tried this BCNM two times (one test run, and one serious which turned bad) before 3 guys of the same LS decided to give up. We had BLM, RDM, WHM, MNK, WAR, SAM, and could have done it if these guys didn't give up, and remake a little the strategy. Anyway:

1. Is it possible to land Gravity or Bind on Kam'lanaut (big guy)?
    2. Should RDM kite Kam'lanaut as /NIN or go /DRK to stun Eald'narche while someone else kite?
    3. Can you die (read wipe) around the "walls" and Rereaise without having the Boss(es) to aggro you (when he goes back to the center of the BCNM)? Some friend said you could, but the SAM insisted you couldn't do it, as they'll aggro you on the whole BCNM area.
    4. What was your strategy/setup?

I know the BCNM isn't "too hard" if people do/buy (food, meds) what they're supposed to.

Ty~

Yo

Chainspell stun Eld, and full zerg him
    If your kiter is decent you'll be fine

Once eld is dead, thats it No challenge left

Falcom is better than SE. Change my mind.
    BG Level

Best to have a RDM/DRK CSS Eald'Narche while your DDs zerg him. (Use Opo and Sleep potions outside to gain TP, WS, pop a wing and WS again)

After that you should have no issue with his younger brother.

Ok, ty

I knew there was a recent topic on this.

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...pocalypse+nigh

You fail at search. >.>

BG Level

Sucks there isn't a quest you can repeat to go back there, I loved that BC zone.

I've only seen a few pictures; looks awesome though.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio
    Sucks there isn't a quest you can repeat to go back there, I loved that BC zone.

ENM Apoc Neigh? I'd do it. It'd probably req going to promy and getting another shard but it'd still be fun.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire

You fail at search. >.>
    You win at correcting people about internet forum searches. Grats.

I'd love to do this fight, but I'm completely appathetic about the reqards.

Quote Originally Posted by Miji
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire

You fail at search. >.>
    You win at correcting people about internet forum searches. Grats.
    You win at pointing out the obvious! Grats~

Which means I win at quoting people whom point out the obvious.

I give myself two pats on the back. /pat pat

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by cassiraa
    Quote Originally Posted by Corrderio

ENM Apoc Neigh? I'd do it. It'd probably req going to promy and getting another shard but it'd still be fun.
    Or a quest like "Uninvited Guests" where Promathia is reborn or something.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

1. I'm almost positive I stuck grav on Kam. Not sure if bind would take.
    2. If Rdm had to choose between those two I'd say CS stun.
    3. Not sure how they handle a wipe.
    4. I did this twice with typical party strategies and setups involving me (Rdm) CS stunning Eald'. One run however I went with Rdm/drk, Smn/whm, Smn/whm, Smn/whm, Whm/blm, Pld/nin. Entered and Pld voked Kam while kiting him around the perimiter. I used CS stun on Eald while the smns sent Leviathon at him. Kept as far away from Eald's aoe as possible while being with casting range. Whm intermittently cures Pld if neccessary. Few Spinning Dives later Eald is done. We all rest in the middle while Pld continues kiting. Attack, then push out damage fast at low health when he starts spamming Great Wheel.

Great... I have to do this fight next week

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

A few things:

1) Alastaire, we appreciate the link; your comment after it makes you look like a choad. Next time, just post the link and people will love you.

2) For the quest:

i. For Eld, stun is very important. The younger brother's high damage potential comes mainly from his ability to cast huge aga nukes. I suggest a party setup with several stunners, so that you can create a stun order. A CS stun is nice, but it is a one-trick pony that can fail if the younger brother does not die before CS is over. If you stun 100% of the nukes, the first portion of the fight should be cake.

ii. Prior to defeating the younger brother, Kam should be blink-kited. Do not bother with gravity or bind, as they do not work in this fight. While the party is working at killing the younger brother, a kiter should receive healing support from another player. Kam will have no problem keeping up with the kiter, so the kiter will need periodic cures when shadows fail. Light blade has minstral axe type physics, which means that your kiter will not get any "too far away" bonuses when it comes to running from Light Blade. With luck, Light Blade will land on a shadow, or else cures will be exigent. A nontank may kite Kam, but you are playing a lottery when shadows fall. If you do not go with a tank kiter, support cures will hinder the kiter's ability to retain hate.

iii. Kam's frequency of using Light Blade will vary, depending on how quickly he can gain TP. He auto-gains TP, so Light Blade will happen, but active damage will increase his frequency of delivering Light Blade attacks. It is very easy to lose control of this fight by delivering high damage and having insufficient backup cures/mp. Therefore, you need to control your zerg as best as you can. If your mages are short on MP, you might need to hold back your DD until your mages can recover mp.

iv. DD should either sub DRK to stun the younger brother in the first phase, or sub SAM for TP gain, or sub NIN for utsusemi to survive Light Blade in the second phase.

So, Lylie, to answer your questions:
    1. No, you cannot land gravity or bind on Kam.
    2. RDM can kite Kam, with high risk.
    3. Byrd cites in the companion thread of this topic that you can zombie this fight. According this, the fight does not auto-terminate on wipes like the Promathia battle. In addition, if this is true, the NMs' aggro distances do not extend to the limits of the battlefield.
    4. I do not remember my setup, as I did this fight a long time ago. What I can remember is that the main tank on the younger brother was a PLD/NIN. A NIN/WAR kited Kam during phase one, while a WHM/SMN provided support for the party for the duration. That left three DD (no BRD or RDM). I, as the WHM, even with constant yagudo drinks, needed to use a Pro-ether, a vile elixir, and a vile elixir+1 due to missed stuns. Do not underestimate the power of stun in phase one--it can save a lot of MP required to cure a party after Eald lands a fat nuke.

PLD kite big dude

RNGs on the little dude

instant win

Pretend it's Kirin. Kite Kirin while killing the one mini-god.

Chainspell stun isn't necessary with ranger power

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Kirin can be kited?

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

1. Is it possible to land Gravity or Bind on Kam'lanaut (big guy)?
    2. Should RDM kite Kam'lanaut as /NIN or go /DRK to stun Eald'narche while someone else kite?
    3. Can you die (read wipe) around the "walls" and Rereaise without having the Boss(es) to aggro you (when he goes back to the center of the BCNM)? Some friend said you could, but the SAM insisted you couldn't do it, as they'll aggro you on the whole BCNM area.
    4. What was your strategy/setup?
    With MNK WAR and SAM it should die in 30 seconds. Use all your 2 hours. Mighty strikes steel cyclone did 50%ish dmg to eld. RDM/nin can kite easily especially with wlegs.

The way I did it after failing a few times after our pld died to kam was die after eldanarche and reraise at the bc entrance. They do regen i believe but they wont agro until your close.

I went with PLD WAR MNK BLM RDM SMN. PLD kited kam around and invicibled right as he was about to die giving us time to kill eld. PLD wasn't very good lol but anyway. WAR and MNk 2 houred and blm and rdm/drk was on stun duty. We wiped after killing eld -> reraised and killed kam. Yea i know it's a really easy BC but he I got my earring.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rith Ridan
    FFXIV Server
    Cerberus
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Azjol-Nerub

Even with a good burst damage setup an unlucky opening can still screw you bigtime. Kam could open with Graviga or Eald could open with Bindga and you're pretty much screwed. In the run that I tried Eald kept teleporting even though we had a RDM CS Stun him. Pretty much screwing up our SAM's 2h, regardless we didn't have enough burst damage to kill Kam within the 30 seconds we got (setup: pld nin nin sam rdm/whm rdm/drk).

Meh, not looking forward trying to get enough people together to do it again. Especially since I have 3 characters to do it for

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    Kirin can be kited?
    only in 2004