+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Orthos Pop Conditions?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Orthos Pop Conditions?

Down in the sewers, tried zoning over and over, starting to wonder if im in right spot. Anyone have any suggestions?

All girl party

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    All girl party
    Lol how cute.................

Big open area at bottom of map?

Quote Originally Posted by Neosutra
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    All girl party
    Lol how cute.................

Big open area at bottom of map?
    where you fought the 4 flans when you had ashe as a guest

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I just accepted the hunt for this guy and White Mousse...and I have no idea how to get back into the Waterway place.

I'm at the point in the game where I have Larsa as a guest and I'm supposed to go to some mountain...am I supposed to get access to that area again later or did I miss something?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio
    I just accepted the hunt for this guy and White Mousse...and I have no idea how to get back into the Waterway place.

I'm at the point in the game where I have Larsa as a guest and I'm supposed to go to some mountain...am I supposed to get access to that area again later or did I miss something?
    Try the other door, the right one as you enter that building.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregorio

Try the other door, the right one as you enter that building.
    When I go through the other door, it leads me to a save crystal and an area with a bunch of rusty levers that don't work. I'm pretty sure I've checked them all...and tried to go out all the exit things from that room, but they all lead to dead end type areas. Unless I missed one. ><

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Theres a way, just keep running around down there, fighting thru the mobs if u can, try to head to the Southwest corner ;o

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah so I found my way to White Mousse (turns out I was goin the wrong way at the rusty levers lol)...and man was he tough for a lvl 15 mark. My level 30 party barely took him down.

I'm thinking of putting off Orthros if he's anywhere as tough as White Mousse haha...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I found White Mousse way harder then Orthos
    Orthos you have no adds to worry about, and he doesnt spam big aga spells really except for Darkra
    I had Vaan tank him facing away from the other 2 people, so he did Darkra and it only hit Vaan, was cake tbh
    Slow, Blind etc...make it so only one person eats -aga spells, and he goes down fast. Hes enourmously huge also, so that makes it easier to spread out.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Yeah I just gave Orthos a spin and beat him 2nd try. First time I wasn't really ready, just goin in to see what he's made of. 2nd time I took him down pretty easily with Vaan tanking and zerked, Fran shooting away on her new bow (White Mousse reward), randome people healing and casting the occasional fira. Belias did a lot of damage too.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just cast Berserk on the White Mousse for a quick and easy win.

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    Just cast Berserk on the White Mousse for a quick and easy win.

I did this and my stupid ass berzerk characters started running all over the place to any mob within shouting distance of the fight...

As for White Mouse himself, i didnt have decoy when i fought him, so i couldnt just have my tank face away, because hate was shaky. I did this:

Carefully cleared area.

Cast Zerk on Basch.
    Buffed everyone.
    Put in my B team.
    Popped the bastard.
    Quicking for 10-20k

Then i went to town with my A team.
    This was actually still hard becase he SPAMS ga spells and hate is reallys shaky. What i did to counteract this was use a reflectga mote which makes the fight OMG easy. Just have to use hipots for the physical damage he does since cure wont go through reflect.

With that one accesory that allows you to cast through reflect, i would say this fight could be done w/o ever breaking a sweat.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Actually cast Berzerk on White Mousse, doesnt hit all that hard, and no -aga

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Actually cast Berzerk on White Mousse, doesnt hit all that hard, and no -aga
    Brilliant..

I just assumed it was immune orz.

I can't find either of these anywhere. The right door from Lowtown leads to an area with a save point, some busted levers and a bunch of looping passages. Same area where Wraith was. The door on the left is locked and won't open...

Old Merits
    BG Level

It's the door on the right. Just go through the passages slower on the right and remember which ones didn't work. The first time I went down there for the Mousse I thought it was a dead end too, but after wandering around for 20 minutes or so I found a way through. If you're going by the map, it won't show the areas where you're walking in the water when you go downstairs.