+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PS3 camp out     submit to reddit submit to twitter

PS3 camp out

Curious, if anyone has done this sort of thing before. I plan to camp out to sell that shit on ebay. Question is:

When exactly should I start camping, don't care about being 1st in line, I just want one.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Nine days ahead like the link I posted in the other thread is a bit excessive. If you REALLY want to be near the front I'd say 2-3 days ahead of time.

It's boring though, make sure you bring friends.

Right now. I camped out a week before PS2 release. Although i was in high school at the time so avoiding real life duties wasn't a big factor, but me and some friends made the news. We had originally each bought one just to play, but then we saw the prices on ebay and we all sold em for close to a grand. Hooray impatience!

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/ps3-ca ... 213422.php

Lbelle posted this in another thread.

Yeah I don't technically care about where in line I'd be, I just want to be sure to get one.

I'd say drive past your local PS3 distributor a few days prior to release, if you see people in line..it's go time.

Users Awaiting Email Confirmation
    BG Level

A few minutes before the first guy shows up.

Honestly, some places will have a lot of people doing the same thing and others will have less so id just drive by wherever will be selling a ps3 and once you see someone get there to camp out do the same real soon after.

You played FFXI and your asking about camping??

Shame on you! :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by Angelsin
    You play FFXI and your asking about camping??

Nope, not anymore. lol Also never camped something in FFXI more than probably 6 hours so...

My other worry is, will they even have any for sale? I mean with all the presales, do you think stores will even have some to sell?

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway

Nope, not anymore. lol Also never camped something in FFXI more than probably 6 hours so...
    noticed the sig after I posted and edited my post but was too slow.

I wonder if there's going to be a shortage like there was for the PS2. If there is buy 2 and ebay the other for triple the price. Might as well make money while camping the stores. '-')b

I'll wait until the price drop lol

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

It's a BIG ... BIG if as to whether stores are going to be expecting alot, if any at all. Stores like Gamestop and EB you won't be able to get one. Best Buy will most likely recieve several, but the employees might get first dibs.

It's a gamble whatever you do. Honestly, I wouldn't camp out for a PS3 or even a Wii for that matter, it's too fucking cold (and I had a terrible, terrible experience when trying to reserve my Wii).

If you were smart you'd camp at stores like Sears that people won't think to go to. Everyone will be at Best Buy/Game stores/Target/ but stores like Kohls and Sears that have tiny electronics sections will most likely get some too...and alot of people don't realize that.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd just go buy a Wii, wait till the price drop, then get a PS3 and have two consoles.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    I'd just go buy a Wii, wait till the price drop, then get a PS3 and have two consoles.
    Win, lock topic. 8)

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    My plan is, get PS3, sell PS3, buy Wii with part of the profit. Which imo is the better idea.

Lbelle, you bring up a good point, the friend i'm camping with actually works at Sears. He's going to ask around at work to see if he can get any info. We might just camp Sears if we get decent news, there's a Wendy's in the parking lot too so that's a plus.

And I don't believe there will be a "price drop" for another year. With the amount of money they lose on each one, it would make no sense.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

My cousin works at a Best Buy and my dad is a manager at a Toys R Us. I heard from both of them that employees are not allowed to buy a PS3 due to the limited quantity, and both of them said not to worry about camping for a Wii because there would be plenty. As for PS3 both of them said they are expecting less than 10 on launch day. So... grats those 5-6 people first in line cause that's all they'll have probably.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Unless they aren't selling, PS3 won't drop for a while. But all the initial ones will sell, so the price won't be dropping.

I'm not getting one until FF13 comes out anyway. But, good luck camping out however you do it.

According to some friends in the retail industry, Wal-Mart will be getting the most systems nationwide. I'm not gonna camp if it means I have to wait more than 24hours in the cold but I'll go check it @24hours.

Also my Wal-Mart is open 24 hours, kinda got me curious as to when to start camping.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I'm scared to go to Wal-mart for more than 10 minutes...I'd be beside myself in terror if I had to stay in one for more than 24 hours.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Anyway

Think of it like Ulli. Camp it for days, only to watch someone cheat to get the claim anyhow.