BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Spiderman 3 Trailer

mmm goodness - a reason to actually turn my tv on other than for ffxii and gow lol

"Spider-Man 3" will receive a TV and online blitz Thursday night when Columbia Pictures unveils a new, full-length, 2 1/2-minute trailer at 10 p.m. in a "road block" across Viacom's online brands and CBS' TV network -- six months before the film's May 4 premiere.

On CBS, the spot will air after "CSI" and before the James Woods starrer "Shark." On Comedy Central, the trailer will run before a new "South Park" episode, while MTV will show the spot before a new "Real World/Road Rules Challenge." Other TV networks airing the trailer include BET, Logo, MTV2, Spike TV and VH1, with each supporting the event with custom promotions.

In addition, 14 online destinations from Viacom's networks are supporting the airing, including AddictingGames.com, AddictingClips.com, BET.com, MTV.com, IFilm.com, Nick.com, ComedyCentral.com, GameTrailers.com, LogoOnline.com, Neopets.com, SpikeTV.com, The-N.com, VH1.com, and Xfire.com.

Immediately after the television premiere, a high-definition version of the trailer will be available exclusively on MTV Networks' IFilm.com.
    source: http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hr/con ... Lozw%3D%3D

I'm all over that HD trailer too.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

wonder if this is going to be the same trailer that is going to be release in the theater during nov. 17.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

could be, but i'd hope not. I would expect to see a better more in depth trailer in a theater, and hopefully that will be the case for this movie.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

i just saw something on TV with it..

i think it gave away too much already

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

weird...the date on the video is 10/31/2006 does that mean it was out before tonight

Xavier

Trailer fking owned.

But yeah, it does seem to reveal an awful lot about the movie. Saw a villian that I didn't realize was really confirmed yet, even though it was really predictable.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

I have a question:

I thought Peter killed the guy who killed his Uncle in the first movie?

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by Headspace
    I thought Peter killed the guy who killed his Uncle in the first movie?
    They're trying to play it off as "new evidence" that points to a different killer, but uh, I don't know if thats them rewritting history or not.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

it didn't reveal anything on venom tho was expecting to see at least the face of venom...but guess not. anyone think that they'll change the story around like the Symbiote didn't really come from outter space? don't know how they going to fit that into the story if i remember correctly john already came back from space during the 2nd movie.

Xavier

I think I read somewhere that the director likes spider-man the best as a story about people and their inner demons, and not as comic book fare.

Something about how he didn't want to take the series into problems from outer-space, etc. I think they will probably make up some other explanation for Venom in the movie.

Death by snoo snoo
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Syntax Error
    FFXIV Server
    Cactuar

From what I hear, the Symbiote leaves Peter at the end (or he forces it from him? idk) and goes to Eddie Brock (Topher Grace) at the end, setting up Venom for Spider-Man 4.

But I could be way off.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Xavier
    Saw a villian that I didn't realize was really confirmed yet, even though it was really predictable.
    which one wasn't confirmed? i remember seeing both of them in the 1st trailer.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

didn't they confirm that venom is going to be in the movie as in playing a role and not just a cameo at the end? not sure....but judging from the trailer i don't see any scene with Venom so chances are we'll not see him or probably he'll make a surprise appearence :D

also there is a trailer floating around in youtube from some comic convention or something, and you can see venom in the church attackin spidey from behind...something like that.

anyone find that those flips spidey did on the building or that scene with him swinging towards the screen with the american flag a bit cheesy or cheap or its just me?

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Wow, that trailer was awesome.

It's looking even better than I imagined it to. I hope it's not crap in the end. It would suck to be disappointed again (hi2uDarkPhoenix).

Is it May yet?

I know Sandman and the Goblin (I forget which is which) were both confirmed. Perhaps he's talking about Venom since Topher Grace is playing Eddie Brock, although I was very disappointed that I didn't get to see any shots of Venom. D:

Xavier

Quote Originally Posted by 6souls
    Saw a villian that I didn't realize was really confirmed yet, even though it was really predictable.
    which one wasn't confirmed? i remember seeing both of them in the 1st trailer.
    I don't remember seeing Harry fighting before, but it was obvious from the end of the second movie it was coming. I've seen a promotional pic of Eddie being taken over and becoming Venom before.

Quote Originally Posted by dekamii
    anyone find that those flips spidey did on the building or that scene with him swinging towards the screen with the american flag a bit cheesy or cheap or its just me?
    Each movie has had a bit of corny too it. Go back to Spidey 2, after Peter has decided not to be Spider-Man anymore, to the really happy song/slow motion sequence and try not to laugh rofl.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Mysterio makes an appearance in this as well. Not in costume though..

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by dekamii
    Each movie has had a bit of corny too it. Go back to Spidey 2, after Peter has decided not to be Spider-Man anymore, to the really happy song/slow motion sequence and try not to laugh rofl.
    That was intentionally tongue-in-cheek though. You could tell by the way they did a kind of freeze-frame at the end of the song. Almost like a rip-off of an old cheesey 80s TV show. I always assumed it was meant to be stupid and funny. Hopefully the American Flag bit will be similar, a rip off of something or other or an injoke. :/

EDIT: fixed borked quote tags.

BG Content
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Six Souls
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Quetzalcoatl
    WoW Realm
    Malorne
    Blog Entries