+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Multiple Zodiac Spears     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Multiple Zodiac Spears

Asked this in the Zodiac Spear thread but seems to have died down a bit.

Just got my first one at 28. I got to the Necrohol from the north west exit of salika woods. I found it easiest to only use one character, i used ashe with a shielf, and equip steel polyens so i could run right over traps. Then heal when the mobs chasing me left. I used the map that was posted a page or so ago and worked fine. My question though is anyone know if i can get more spears from the same place 100%? I havent opened any of the 4 chests. I have to go to work now so cant try it myself or i would. If i can't then im just gonna pop the 16 chests in phon coast. Would like to get 3 of these but dont think im gonna spend hours and hours if it drops down to the 1% chance. This thing owns by the way. Definitely worth running through early on.

makojr

There's only one Zodiac Spear.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Boo. Hoped would be like other weapons from chests and i could get a few. Oh well. Thanks

makojr

Its the most powerful weapon the game. No way SE gonna allow you to have more than one.

P.s. i need to get mine soon.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Really? I'm pretty sure there was another way to get zodiac spear if you open the no-no chests before reaching the one in necrohol. You just have to wait until most of the way through the game and then spam a certain chest in a hidden area that has a 1% chance at giving the spear. So if you really want more than one zodiac spear you could probably do that. IMO it's not really worth it. By that time you might as well just get the other ultimate weapons instead.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Really? I'm pretty sure there was another way to get zodiac spear if you open the no-no chests before reaching the one in necrohol. You just have to wait until most of the way through the game and then spam a certain chest in a hidden area that has a 1% chance at giving the spear. So if you really want more than one zodiac spear you could probably do that. IMO it's not really worth it. By that time you might as well just get the other ultimate weapons instead.
    Once you obtain one zodiac spear it will not appear anywhere else.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Once you obtain one zodiac spear it will not appear anywhere else.
    Assuming is nice but false.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Huh? When you open the Zodiac Spear chest, the other chests you weren't supposed to open for it despawn (though I can only check the ones at Old Dalan's and at Phon, but neither are there) and the chest it was in never ever respawns. Helpoemer has been playing the game for a while now and afaik, he's never said anything about multiple spears.

But if anyone has gotten two, let me know how. Not that I care for more than one, but it'd be nice to know.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

by the way, what are the exact wearabouts of this cheast, I got about 20 hours in before I learned about the no-no chests

A. Body
    BG Level

you can get more than one spears from the chest on your way to zodiac esper, which is the 1% chance spot (10% for the chest to be there and 10% for the item in the chest to be the spear)

edit: the real downside to that 1% chance spot is not really the low rate of getting it, but how late it is in the game for you to be able to access the spot: requirement to getting in that part of the henne mine is having at least 10 espers, and by the time you have that you would already have a couple of real nice weapons making the zodiac spear not that much of an improvement--if it is an improvement at all

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by XxSlusherxx
    by the way, what are the exact wearabouts of this cheast, I got about 20 hours in before I learned about the no-no chests

I was the same way, a couple of them are super early in the game, like across fromt he old mans house in lowtown, and a few others spread about. No spear for me;;

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Ok so wait...if you open the "nono chests" earlier in the game, is the 1% Zodiac Spear chest in Henne Mines or Necrohol of Nabudis? >.> im confused

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Necrohol is 100% if you do not open the chests early on. Afaik the other method is the 1%.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    Ok so wait...if you open the "nono chests" earlier in the game, is the 1% Zodiac Spear chest in Henne Mines or Necrohol of Nabudis? >.> im confused
    1% is in henne mines

you can get more than 1 zodiac spear using the 1% chest, but it's not really worth it like others have said.

there's been a JP test where they got 16 spears out of 1300 tries

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

Quote Originally Posted by neighbortaru
    Quote Originally Posted by Bkbahamut
    1% is in henne mines
    Ok thanks, wasnt sure if the 1% one was still in the same spot the originial 100% one is in Necrohol ;o

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Helpoemer
    you can get more than 1 zodiac spear using the 1% chest, but it's not really worth it like others have said.

there's been a JP test where they got 16 spears out of 1300 tries
    lol @ 1300 tries

each try from save crystal, including reset and load is what, 10 mins? maybe 5?

so that's like 200 hours, h2u zodiac club