+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elcura
    Quote Originally Posted by Syn
    SPOILARS

Death Note officially ended when L died. The 2 little brats arc never happened.

Because it's shit.

Anyone who thinks that Near/Mello arc was good is just a brainless 4chan fan boy/girl.
    QFMFT
    I'd have to agree, that when L died the series pretty much ended, but I wouldn't say the following arc was bad... it was just... it could never compare to L. God damn it, why couldn't he have faked his death? Why did the author kill L? He WAS Death Note. The reason I started reading was because he was able to trick Raito into killing someone on TV who wasn't him

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Crap, I'm way out of the loop. Last I heard the mangaka didn't want a Death Note anime because of how bad Ayatsuri Sakon and Hikari no Go did (same person that wrote those). And yes, Death Note is the best Manga ever. Berserk is up there too, I haven't read Gantz (saw the first season of the anime but heard the manga was way better). And Bleach/Naruto were good until they had to stick in the filler arcs.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Phoenix

nothing wrong with Bleach, the Bounto arc (filler) has a nice story and the current episode Ichigo vs the leader >.>!

p.s fuck naruto and yessss <3 Haruhi

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Man don't put spoilers with lame tags like that dealing with a series that the OP isn't even about.

Seriously, fuck.

Tekki's Bitch
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level

the spoilers made me weep. and also eureka seven is shit tyvm

WHY L!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVED UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Bleach was good.

and the filler, for a filler, was very good (still sucked but was the best filler I have seen to date).

I really have a grudge against the series tho.

No one dies.

Its not really that i want people to die. I enjoy anime's with or without death. However in bleach...its that the characters SHOULD die but they dont. Its like in DBZ where everyone dies but then is resurrected by the omghax dragonballs.

In bleach there is always some uber powerfull healing power (inuoe) that restores the characters from the brink of death rigght after they get the fuck beat out of them

As a consequence, even as new characters are introduced, the old ones do not die out and leave the series.

I guess one could compare it to star trek with the "red shirts." You know the ones im talking about. The ones that "go down with the captian to explore the alien planet" and always die. New ones come in each episode to replace the ones that died in the previous episode.

cept in bleach they keep getting healed. So by this point in the series you have shit tons of these "red shirt" characters that should have died but havnt. And each of these characters have some fandom so they need fanservice. Thus, the series turns to crap as hundreds of minor characters are given fanservice, etc. etc.

Edit: it seems i have derailed my own thread

Banned.

BG Level

It comes with the territory. And to be fair, plenty of non Soul Society bad guys have died, but I guess that doesn't count. In manga like this, when a character dies, it tends to mean a lot more because of rare it is. Someone just died recently in Naruto ;o.

Really, I'm far more interested in what *Aizen* does than who dies. You don't go into a Bond movie expecting the Godfather ;o. Same rule applies to manga.

You can pretty much split manga into two groups:

Good guys can die... Death Note(er... yeah, good guys >.>), Berserk, Gantz(especially Gantz)

Good guys don't die... Naruto, Bleach, ect

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kanai
    Bleach was good.

and the filler, for a filler, was very good (still sucked but was the best filler I have seen to date).

I really have a grudge against the series tho.

No one dies.

Its not really that i want people to die. I enjoy anime's with or without death. However in bleach...its that the characters SHOULD die but they dont. Its like in DBZ where everyone dies but then is resurrected by the omghax dragonballs.

In bleach there is always some uber powerfull healing power (inuoe) that restores the characters from the brink of death rigght after they get the fuck beat out of them

As a consequence, even as new characters are introduced, the old ones do not die out and leave the series.

I guess one could compare it to star trek with the "red shirts." You know the ones im talking about. The ones that "go down with the captian to explore the alien planet" and always die. New ones come in each episode to replace the ones that died in the previous episode.

cept in bleach they keep getting healed. So by this point in the series you have shit tons of these "red shirt" characters that should have died but havnt. And each of these characters have some fandom so they need fanservice. Thus, the series turns to crap as hundreds of minor characters are given fanservice, etc. etc.

Edit: it seems i have derailed my own thread

I agree with you. I complain about that like every week to my rl friend, who don't seem to mind it much I liked Abarai Renji, and I thought his character was great until he dies...and miraculously survive...then die again, and again. After the 3rd times, you realize they will never kill anyone, and the series lose a lot to its seriousness.

I also hate how no one seem to have a limit to their power. There is never any explanation other than the short training, and at the rate they are going, they could last 20 years always making the character stronger and stronger. The best anime/manga are usually that have a short story, not one that drag it for 15 years with minor fights

Banned.

BG Level

I think it will end with the current arc... which will be very long anyway. Say what you will about Bleach, but its current villian, at least if you keep up with the manga, is one the best in a long time and when he was revealed, no one saw it coming ;o.

Mr. Bananagrabber
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Naruto and Bleach Animes are pretty shitty, but I read both mangas and the newest chapter of One Piece whenever they come out. Bleach is sort of getting old but the second main arc in Naruto is pretty good, and One Piece always serves to entertain me.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    I think it will end with the current arc... which will be very long anyway. Say what you will about Bleach, but its current villian, at least if you keep up with the manga, is one the best in a long time and when he was revealed, no one saw it coming ;o.
    Dunno, I thought his motive were vague enough. I'm going to wait for him to talk more before judging if is a good villain or not. >_> To tell the truth, I would have prefered him dead. Thought it was one of the sad part of the manga

I really hate the speed of this arc so far. The first one was really fast, and had interesting enemy usually, unlike this one that could last forever with generic villain so far. They arent even fighting the one we thought they would fight when they first entered. Also, one big difference between this place and the soul society is that you dont really have the feeling it's a "world". It feel like a huge "beat'em up" that wont end any time soon.

Banned.

BG Level

To tell the truth, I would have prefered him dead. Thought it was one of the sad part of the manga
    On the flip side, I'd prefered who he killed dead, at least the first one out of the two. Now if that isn't an arguement for no one dies in Bleach, then there isn't any. We actually see them dead, but it's obvious *she* has the power to bring people back to life... but they are already dead, since they are soul society! I rather not think about such things. Bleach is still better than average even after you factor in all its flaws. But, I'd agree, Naruto has become the better out of the two, at least for the moment ;o.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Kaylia
    Dunno, I thought his motive were vague enough. I'm going to wait for him to talk more before judging if is a good villain or not. >_> To tell the truth, I would have prefered him dead. Thought it was one of the sad part of the manga

I really hate the speed of this arc so far. The first one was really fast, and had interesting enemy usually, unlike this one that could last forever with generic villain so far. They arent even fighting the one we thought they would fight when they first entered. Also, one big difference between this place and the soul society is that you dont really have the feeling it's a "world". It feel like a huge "beat'em up" that wont end any time soon.
    This arc is very slow to evolve. Aizen has hardly been invovled, Tousen had a part, and Gin hasn't been seen at all. Only two of the Arrancar really strike an interest for me... it really seems to me that this is going to go on for a looong time, which doesn't bode well for the anime. I can't see there being more than 5-8 eps of this filler arc left, and I highly doubt the current manga arc is done by then.

I think when people remember Bleach a few years down the line, it's going to be pretty much for the Soul Society arc. That was really well done, probably my favorite silly fighter series since Hakusho.

not to be so orzla, but wheres the haruhi chitchat eh?

Main (good) characters dying has a very strong emotional impact not only for the reader, but for the characters in the manga itself. Best example IS Berserk, it made me so sad cause all the characters (bar 1) were so cool =(

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

It comes with the territory. And to be fair, plenty of non Soul Society bad guys have died, but I guess that doesn't count. In manga like this, when a character dies, it tends to mean a lot more because of rare it is. Someone just died recently in Naruto ;o.

Really, I'm far more interested in what *Aizen* does than who dies. You don't go into a Bond movie expecting the Godfather ;o. Same rule applies to manga.

You can pretty much split manga into two groups:

Good guys can die... Death Note(er... yeah, good guys >.>), Berserk, Gantz(especially Gantz)

Good guys don't die... Naruto, Bleach, ect
    Actually a good guy died in Naruto recently.

And the 3rd is a good guy too!

And Gaara.

Anyway, the 3rd dying took way too fucking long to be emotional, by the end I said "thank fuck he's finally dead"

I like it how people highlight the spoilers white, not taking into consideration people using boyz skin (the blue shit).

if you want a fullproof way of spoilering use 0 font sizes (only seeable if you quote someone).

Relic Horn
    BG Level

A while back I mentioned to a couple friends "Well, we know that dead humans can become Shinigami when they go to Soul Society, so what happens to dead Shinigami?"

"Hmm, maybe they go to soul community? soul timeshare!"