+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Limit Break Radio     submit to reddit submit to twitter

http://www.mogarmy.net

A more entertaining podcast about MMOGs in general.

Limitbreak is pretty weak and generally boring.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddong
    url?
    I had to put "Limit Break Radio" into my Google bar and wait 3 seconds.
    3 WHOLE seconds! ZOMG

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

I've been listening to it but I'm not impressed. The main guy is pretty decent, but the others almost sound as if they've been dragged along by the scruff and been told to sit there and chip in every now and then. That is, unless the DRK guy is talking about how amazing DRK is. No more emo DRK?

They seem to been quite noobish, which I don't like. They make a lot of mistakes. And when they said "I don't see a single merit II ability that isn't worth getting" (I was assuming they were talking overall... perhaps I missed something, I wasn't listening 100%) I laughed. I can think of more than a few Merit II abilities I wouldn't bother with.

Needs more endgame bitching.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

we should make an endgame podcast I'd so be down to be on it

blax n gunz
    BG Level

an endgame podcast would be just as annoying.

'omfg there were 60 gilsellers in behemoth's dominion last night'
    "yeah fuck that shit, we went to sea and got NOTHING from hope and prudence, AGAIN."
    'man you guys got it easy we can't even get enough people motivated to fucking do sea anymore now that AV is fucked.'

Basically, just put any bg thread through a voice synthesizer and you have BGRadio.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Shiz Nickel
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Stormrage

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrels
    BG Radio, keeping you up to date on drama, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

Ridill
    BG Level

Yeah I gave that mithra chick a Rusty Paladin last night"

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Shiznicle
    BG Radio, keeping you up to date on drama, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
    I like where this thread is going.

BGRADIO; all the drama, all the time. This week's special guest is Plow with his thread "This is not a thread". After that we have Flux with a special report "FFXI blows, and this is why" and to finish off some random lvl 72 dragoon bitches about how he can outdamage a fully merited mnk.

I'd hit it.

Ridill
    BG Level

wow some of this shit gets pretty funny

dude talking about the new tell chimes and the one guy's like "omg you don't even know how many parties I've missed cuz I was jackin off" and being completely serious lol

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Gabe and Tycho pretty much covered this when they did that comic about Gamer TV. We can type and read this shit all day long, but we couldn't stand listening to other geeks trying to present this stuff over the radio or TV.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Tajin
    Quote Originally Posted by Elmer the Pointy
    Quote Originally Posted by Ddong
    url?
    I had to put "Limit Break Radio" into my Google bar and wait 3 seconds.
    3 WHOLE seconds! ZOMG
    Results 1 - 100 of about 1,860,000 for limit break radio. (0.43 seconds)

My internet sucks ; ;

Ridill
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Sixtail
    Gabe and Tycho pretty much covered this when they did that comic about Gamer TV. We can type and read this shit all day long, but we couldn't stand listening to other geeks trying to present this stuff over the radio or TV.
    It's not that, these guys are just hard core allazites

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

That is true Plow, put some people with some real endgame experience, bring up some decent endgame discussions, and i bet they'd get a decent number of listeners

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

That is true Plow, put some people with some real endgame experience, bring up some decent endgame discussions, and i bet they'd get a decent number of listeners
    "I heard you stole my baby's daddy's osode!"

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    "I heard you stole my baby's daddy's osode!"
    Um... k?

Banned.

BG Level

http://www.limitbreakradio.com/audio/po ... cast10.mp3

Oh god the first part is hilarious. When they mention Dynamis-Bastok. I got nothing wrong when people do a lot of quests (I'd suggest it ;o), but who the hell lets themselves be known as the Quest-Woman?

PS. I like how they find saying emotes outloud funny... well not just funny, BUT LAUGH OUT LOUD FOR A GOOD MINUTE FUNNY. Yeah... er...

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

It's nice to listen to when I'm bored with youtube while doing ingame stuff. It's just a wealth of misinformation. Sayl (the one that sounds so gay) gets on my last fucking nerve. He likes to butt in like he has half a fucking clue what they are talking about and then he... talks... so... slow... in... his... gay... ass... voice...

The concept of the show is decent, but it's just horribly done. Calling them allazites is being kind. My wife and I end up listening and just making a list of the totally incorrect and generally retarded shit they say.

Omgwtfbbqkitten

You know, I came to this forum after hearing about this thread from Aniero and I'm quite frankly disappointed in its lack of scathing or intelligent commentary. I was hoping for a better drama, as that's part of what BG serves here.

I'm sorry you don't like Sayl's voice, but most grown ups are willing to tolerate people who articulate themselves well and everyone on the show does that. Sayl's a nice guy and likes to help people and he was in my social for a time, I have no complaints with how he sounds on the show. He is the "newbie" of the group, to be certain, but I fail to see how that makes him a bad host, he adds a perspective to the show that many might forget and I think that's important.

As for errors, we have a forum on our site specifically created so if errors are made, they can be addressed and corrected on future shows. Sorry if you failed to pick up on that, but its not our fault, we left that out in the open for you to find.

Finally, I'm sorry if you don't like that the show doesn't cater directly to endgame, the show is meant to be all-encompassing so no listner feels left out. I know this comes as a shock to many of you, but not everyone plays FFXI for endgame, I know people who once mentored me years ago that still aren't there, they just play for fun and to experience the various stories and jobs.

Let me let you in on a secret to MMORPGs - no matter which one you play, the high levels seem to think the content should be all about them. You need look no further than BG's own questions directed to SE at TGS to find proof of your own priorites. But then look at that content SE creates for everyone, events, chocobo breeding, new jobs - its not all about endgame.

We're here to cover FFXI from beginning to end and, in the future, avenues you yourself might not have considered or experienced. And unlike a certain other FFXI podcast, we're don't have RMT ads, its the hosts and listners that make the show and the site happen.

If you think you can do a better podcast, I indeed challenge you do to so. I challenge you to fund it out of your pockets like Aniero has, complete with its own forums and site. I challenge you to put your voices to the mic weekly rather than do some spineless review on iTunes no one cares about. I challenge you to subject yourself to criticism rather than hide your own opinions away on this forum.

If you cannot do this, then I challenge you to apply and be a guest on the show. We're willing to give anyone fair consideration if they apply and present themselves maturely or have an interesting perspective to give to the show. Just keep in mind we do have a list of people already ahead of you.

That's all I have to say, but considering the lack of what's been said here, at least it was something of substance.

~Omgwtfbbqkitten, moderator of LBR

i cant figure out why listening to it makes me so angry

Banned.

BG Level

Haha, I can't believe its you behind it. Now it all makes so much more sense.

Does anyone remember that retard who posted on the FFXIOnline version Bercus' interview? Well, it was awhile ago. But these guys are the one and the same ;o.

the show is meant to be all-encompassing so no listner feels left out.
    No, it is not all-encompassing. Anyy listener with a brain feels left out. How is sucking at the end-game and saying false information all-encompassing, because those two stick out quite a bit. Outside that, its boring live journals about low-level exp parties, which I wouldn't understand why low-levels would want to hear about, they are already doing it.