Thread: Rare Game Pop Conditions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Xerlic wrote:
    Quote:
    Fideliant, Level 18-19, The Midfault
    Pops randomly around the middle of the zone. It popped in clear weather for me, so sandstorms are not a prerequisite.

Any tips on popping this?

What I'd do is go to the Midfault and kill everything. If it wasn't up, I'd go 2 zones back to Rabanastre, hit the save crystal, then go back to the Midfault.

I'm 0/7 so far and have seen it pop in clear and sandy weather. I haven't been able to get it pop suddenly and have run back and forth 10-15 times.

Am I approaching this incorrectly or just getting unlucky with the pop?

I was on my way to the wester sea-sand place (forget the name, in class atm), and it was up. was fucking my ppl up for like 200 a hit. didnt drop anything of value

Can this list be updated with drops ?
    Drops a Heavy Lance. 25 LP? and +48 attk. Also inflicts slow on the oponent.

Edit: I R Failure @ Quoting!

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Resin Midwater
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

Yeah, that lance seems to be hard for my guys to get as well. 0/3 so far.

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    Can this list be updated with drops ?
    If I get a chance tonight I'll do that. Most focused on getting an entry for each of 'em (there's 80 total), but adding drops/steal/poach data shouldn't be too hard, just be forewarned that all the info will be from the guide.

Golmore Jungle - Grave Lord

Pops in the southernmost area by feywood enterance

To pop: go around the area and kill all the monsters (coeurl, diresaur, hellhound, marlboro). Once you do this, skeletons will start popping from underground when you walk around. Kill all the skeletons, then go back to the square platform SW of the zone enterance. Gravelord will be there.

repops each time you zone in/out when you have coeurls and such repop. Rinse repeat.

Does some nice aoe spells like icebreak, pyroblast, sandstorm, also does lunges for 1500+. dies pretty quick if your healers can keep up. A decent quickening @20% or so will take it out.

Anchag - Paramina Rift

He popped the first time I killed all the enemies in the zone. . . however, I've been back in the zone 15 times and he hasn't popped. Does he not repop?

No, rare monsters only pop once If I recall. As for that Ancha mob, where the hell in the Rift is it in? name would be nice, the engrish guide on gfaqs mentioned something about an ince river and that didnt help at all.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Rare mobs can repop multiple times.

so Vannis do I just have incredibly bad luck or am I doing something wrong?

Says to kill all mobs in the room. I did that the first time along with all other 20+ times and he only popped that first go around. Havent seen him since.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Larva Eater (Rare mob 65) seems to require at least a chain of 150.

So far:
    Pop 1 - 157
    Pop 2 - 429
    Pop 3 - 170
    Pop 4 - 209
    Pop 5 - 237
    Pop 6 - 185ish

So far I've gotten 3 Demon Eyeballs and a High Arcana from him...in 6 kills.

rare game can repop as long as they're not any of the 30 involved with the hunt club sidequest. If they are, then they only pop once.

currently 1 pop in 38 clears of the area. Which was the first. If anyone has done this rare game do you have similiar results?

Pharos at Ridorana

Vishno

Spawns randomly in the First Ascent by killing a bunch of statues. Stole Orichalcum from it.

Drops: Ribbon
    Steal: Damascus Steal and Oricalcum

Tower

Spawns randomly on the 88th floor. Golem type

Drops: Grand Helmet
    Steal: Einherdjium

Feywood

Crypt Bunny

Spawns after killing everything in the area north of the save crystal.

Drops: Muramasa
    Steal: Bloody Wool

Nabradia Deadlands

Velelu

Get a chain in Overlooking Eternity, then enter the previous zone with less than 20% hp. Spawns randomly with these conditions.

Drop: Save the Queen
    Steal: ?[/u]

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

I did that bomb one that drops that nin katana, was up when I got there, zoned, came back it was up, then didnt pop for two hours zoning back and forth. Maybe have to hit save crystal to reset? dunno :/

Quote Originally Posted by tyalangan
    currently 1 pop in 38 clears of the area. Which was the first. If anyone has done this rare game do you have similiar results?
    Once you've cleared the area try zoning out and zoning back in without moving 2 zones away. If that doesn't work...well...just keep at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou
    Once you've cleared the area try zoning out and zoning back in without moving 2 zones away. If that doesn't work...well...just keep at it.
    It's part of the Hunter's Game quest, he only pops once, so you can stop wasting time on a repop now.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn
    It's part of the Hunter's Game quest, he only pops once, so you can stop wasting time on a repop now.
    He isn't one of the 30 monsters of the quest. Those that are part of the quest drop a Trophy and will not pop until you've started the quest.

I still need to pick this game up

Anchag is not in the Hunt Club quest. Ancbolder, whose name sounds similar, is the same genus of mob, and also has the same pop conditions and in the same zone as Anchag, is though.

Anchag is not in the Hunt Club quest. Ancbolder, whose name sounds similar, is the same genus of mob, and also has the same pop conditions and in the same zone as Anchag, is though.
    Whoops, mis-read it. My bad.

Haha, finally got around to killing Ancbolder. Ancbolder and Anchag both popped XD