+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Rare Game Pop Conditions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I was running around the Deadlands and Necrohol Nabidis killing mobs in a xp/farming/exploring run awhen I accidentally popped Deathscythe. He thought spamming annuls would be fun and annulled my whitemage right as decoy wore, that led to a a 5/6 without mp situation, so I zoned him and run back to check if he would still be up. I melee a skeleton to start to get some mp back and end up popping this guy (taken from lolgamefaqs):

Rare Monster No. 38/80
    Name : Helvinek (367)

Drops : Grand Armor, Grimoire Togail
    Steal : Magic Lamp
    Original : Darkmare
    Rare Rank : **
    Appearance : Appear after you have killed six Over Soul in second section from Salikawood. If you didn't find six Over Souls, just defeat the other enemies as many as you can, you will eventually get to find six Over Souls.

Best thing about him is I guess he can pop in multiple zones. Since I couldn't shake him (he fallowed me through 3 zones, popping next to me as my screen loaded up), he took down my no-mp party members out one by one as I was trying to get away from him. He also, like other mares, warps within striking distance when he wants to hit you.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I popped him around level 45 when I was heading to Chaos (I didn't know i had to get some medallions at this point D: ) .. I fought like 4 goblins in a circle kind of room and then like 3 oversouls, killed like 3 on the way to that room, and he spawned..He actually went down really easily, he wasn't much harder then the other horses in there..he actually went down faster then the oversouls, too.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

fuck Aerieel, fuck him straight in the ass.

Went to Lhusu, popped him, then proceeded to leave him spawned while I chained a fuckload of bats to get a high chain to up my drop rates. Chain 45 on the Aerieel kill, "You obtain an Arcana".

FUCK YOU

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa

Went to Lhusu, popped him, then proceeded to leave him spawned while I chained a fuckload of bats to get a high chain to up my drop rates. Chain 45 on the Aerieel kill, "You obtain an Arcana".

FUCK YOU
    Dude, Gold Armor isn't that great, just move on and buy some XD

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou

FUCK YOU
    it feels like I'm incomplete if I walk off and let the demon bat win though...

FUCK YOU
    I'm 90% certain that drops and treasure content in this game is determined by how much you don't need/want them. Come back later and it'll probably drop 2-3 of those things in a row.

I'm just curious, is it normal for Rare monsters to be extremely fucking hard to steal items from? I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to steal a Gladius from the Lindbur Wolf.

It always takes me forever to steal from them so I assume it's normal.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

FUCK YOU
    Just wait until you want a Yagyu Darkblade

some mobs have only one item which you can steal, and if that item is consider "rare" you can only steal it with the thief armlet equipped.

I noticed this on a couple mobs one notably is that Hel horse thingy in necrohol of nabudis, the magic lamp I spent 5 minutes of stealing on 2 occasions with all 3 stealing constantly and it never let go of it, then after equipping thief armlets it put out within 10-20 steals on both occasions.

So well over a hundred steals withotu armlet = no item then 10 or so steals with armlet was success, even though there was only one item to steal to begin with.

Normally most mobs have "regular" items and then 1 or 2 "rare" ones which are only stealable with thief armlet equipped.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was simply my assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by kawkawkaw
    I'm just curious, is it normal for Rare monsters to be extremely fucking hard to steal items from? I've spent the last 15 minutes trying to steal a Gladius from the Lindbur Wolf.
    for instance it may be that you need a thief armlet to steal this?

dunno just proposing that idea.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

If you did, it wouldn't be part of the consensus weapon path through the game, would it?

<_<

Quote Originally Posted by StaplerGuy
    If you did, it wouldn't be part of the consensus weapon path through the game, would it?

<_<
    part of the consensus weapon path? lol..

aren't you trying to steal a weapon which is not yet available for you to buy in vendors?

how is getting an item which is technically supposed to be out of your reach for the moment, part of the "consensus weapon path" ?

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I've killed over 200 uratans in the past hour or so, and Urutan Exile hasn't popped..

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Chain 275....

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

He should pop by the time you get chain 999, I think.

yeah, sorry i'm really bored >_>

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

how is getting an item which is technically supposed to be out of your reach for the moment, part of the "consensus weapon path" ?
    I can't think of a better phrase for "almost everyone here knows where it is, telling you to go there is a direction that is nearly always understood, and most people will sing its praises if asked".

So sue me

Technically, all equipment is optional anyways.

Thank God for this list's drops list, I was getting kind of panicky when I was missing Trophies from some of my Rare Game kills, now I see that the ones I found don't even drop them.