+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Rare Game Pop Conditions     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Rare Game Pop Conditions

Doesn't appear to be a thread on this yet and since I'm obsessed with collecting all the rare game for my bestiary I figured I might slap together a compendium of the ones I've gotten to show up so far and get some advance info on the ones that I haven't seen yet (currently having a hell of a time trying to get Midgardsormr to show up). Conveniently, the Brady Games guide seems to have left out the pop conditions for all the rare games not included in the Hunt Club side quest.

Update 11-13: ~27 entries so far, though the thread contains info on a few others I have yet to list I will add them as I encounter them in game. I'm just at the point in the game where I can join the Hunt Club now also, but have yet to start hunting those rare game; that'll add another 30 to the list as I hunt 'em though. As per request, I'll be adding drop, steal, and poach information from the BradyGames guide as well.

* - Denotes monsters available only during the Hunt Club side quest. Once defeated, they will not pop again. They each drop a special "Hunt Trophy" used in the Hunt Club side quest. They will only pop when the side quest is active.

All listed information on dropped, stolen, or poached items is attributed to the official BradyGames guide unless otherwise noted. Drops listed in parenthesis were drops that I've noted getting that aren't listed in the BradyGames guide.
    If there is no poach listed, I assume it is because the mob is immune to it (as several high level mobs tend to be).

Barheim Passage
    Ithuno, Level 41-42, Special Op Sector 5
    -Found it on my first time exploring the higher level section of Barheim Passage, so I'm not sure if there's any special conditions for popping it. Found it close to the west end of the zone. Supposedly it's a random pop. It's a mimic, so it appears as a chest and then attacks when you examine it.
    -Drop: Iron Scraps, Iron Ore
    -Steal: Deathbringer

*Ishteen, Level 43-44, East-West Bypass/The Zeviah Span
    Quote Originally Posted by BradyGames
    The odds of Ishteen appearing increases by 2% every 10 seconds that the party spends in the East-West Bypass and Zeviah Span areas within the Barheim Passage. The spawn rate reaches 100% after 8 1/2 minutes.
    Appears in either the middle of East-West Bypass or the first side path (from the north) on the east side of The Zeviah Span. It's worth stealing a few Souls of Thamasa if you're interested in completing a Tournesol, as farming Overlords can be a pain in the ass.
    -Drop: Bony Trophy
    -Steal: Soul of Thamasa

Minibug, Level 46-47, East-West Bypass
    -Appears randomly at the east end near where there's a bunch of Mimeos (mimics).
    -Drop: Mace of Zeus
    -Steal: Wrath of Gods

Cerobi Steppe
    *Aspidochelon, Level 42-43, Feddik River
    There's a 40% chance for it to appear in the Feddik River area within Cerobi Steppe.
    Pops on the west end of the middle "island". If it doesn't appear, zone to The Terraced Bank through North Liavell Hills.
    -Drop: Adamantine Trophy.
    -Steal: Scarletite

*Bluesang, Level 42-43, Crossfield
    There's a 40% chance that it will appear in the Crossfield section of Cerobi Steppe.
    It appears between the two windmills on the western end of the zone. Use Float while fighting it to avoid the myriad of traps in the area where it spawns, or just pull it elsewhere. If it doesnt' appear, go back and forth between Crossfield and The Terraced Bank through Journey's Rest.
    -Drop: Cruel Trophy
    -Steal: Damascus Steel

Etherian, Level 42-43, The Northsward
    -Kill all the enemies in the zone and it should plop right down on top of you.
    -Drop: Green Liquid, Silver Liquid, (Arcana)
    -Steal: Ame-no-Murakumo
    -Poach: Pebble, Unpurified Ether

Dalmasca Estersand
    Ripe Rampager, Level 4-5, Yardang Labyrinth
    -Keep killing cactoids and it should show up near the entrance to Outpost.
    -Drop: Pebble, Calot Hat
    -Steal: Screamroot
    -Poach: Pebble, Four-leaf Clover

Nekhbet, Level 5-6, Sand-swept Naze
    -Popped pretty randomly for me, may need to kill cockatrices to get it to show up. Popped in the far west; near the entrance to Banks of the Nebra.
    -Drop: Small Feather, Wizard's Hat
    -Steal: Rainbow Egg
    -Poach: Pebble, Small Feather

Greeden, Level 31-32, Banks of the Nebra
    -Got it to show up after not very long just by killing everything but the cactoids. It pops along the shores.
    -Drop: Braid Wool, Blood Wool
    -Steal: Wind Crystal
    -Poach: Pebble, Blood Wool

*Terror Tyrant, Level 50-51, Broken Sands
    There's a 40% chance for it to spawn in Dalmasca Estersand's Broken Sands area after you eliminate the Wild Saurian in the Yoma section.
    Unless it means that you can have killed the Wild Saurians in The Yoma at any time in the game, it's evidently just a random pop, since I came straight here from Mosphoran Highwastes after killing Gray Molter and it was waiting for me.
    -Drop: Hide-covered Trophy
    -Steal: Scathe Mote

Dalmasca Westersand
    Lindbur Wolf, Level 16-17, Shimmering Horizons
    -Contrary to what the guide indicates, the Lindbur Wolf does not pop in Galtea Downs, but rather in the secluded section of Shimmering Horizons accessed from Galtea Downs. Build up a chain on wolves and it should pop (alternately/also may have to kill the wolves that pop there normally).
    Addendum: Confirmed that it appears as soon as you've killed 20 Wolves. Haven't checked whether or not they need to be chained though (when I tested the number I did it as a chain and it popped as soon as I hit 20-Chain right in it's pop area).
    -Drop: Wolf Pelt, Prime Pelt
    -Steal: Gladius
    -Poach: Pebble, Libra Gem

Dustia, Level 17-18, Corridor of Sand
    -Pops if one of your characters drops to critical HP within it's pop area, which I think is close to the zone to Wyrm's Nest but I've heard it'll pop anywhere in the zone. I've only seen it during sandstorms, but I doubt that's a condition for it to pop.
    -Drop: Book of Ordain, Flame Staff
    -Steal: Book of Ordain-Mille
    -Poach: Pebble, Capricorn Gem

Fideliant, Level 18-19, The Midfault
    -Pops randomly around the middle of the zone. It popped in clear weather for me, so sandstorms are not a prerequisite.
    -Drop: Bone Fragment, Heavy Lance
    -Steal: Capricorn Gem
    -Poach: Pebble, Broken Spear

*Kaiser Wolf, Level 41-42, Corridor of Sand
    There's a 40% chance for it to appear in the eastern part of the Corridor of Sand area in the Dalmasca Westersand. However, it only appears after the party defeats the Lindbur Wolf (another rare creature) found in the small valley on the east end of Shimmering Horizons.
    I'm pretty sure this means you have to kill Lindbur Wolf (regardless of whether or not you have in the past) and then it has a 40% chance of spawning, as I went back and forth between it's pop area and Rabanastre several times without seeing it and it only showed up immediately after killing Lindbur Wolf. I'm unsure if you can kill Lindbur Wolf and then do the 2-zone trick to get it to appear if it doesn't on the first try or if you need to kill Lindbur Wolf for each "40% chance" (for me it appeared first time I checked after killing Lindbur Wolf).
    -Drop: Fanged Trophy
    -Steal: Throat Wolf Blood

Feywood
    Crypt Bunny, Level 45-46, Walk of Stolen Truths
    -Kill everything in the zone and it should pop up somewhere.
    Addendum: On repeat tries at popping it, I have seen it pop while mobs are still up. Evidently it seems to just show up after having killed a certain amount of mobs.
    -Drop: Drab Wool, Muramasa, (Arcana)
    -Steal: Holy Mote

*Dreadguard, Level 46-47, Walk of Dancing Shadow
    There's a 40% chance for it to appear in the Walk of Dancing Shadow section of the Feywood.
    There's one of those save point zones in the southeast of Walk of Dancing Shadow, so 2 zones away isn't far if it doesn't appear.
    -Drop: Feathered Trophy
    -Steal: Mirror Scale

Juggernaut, Level 46-47, White Magick's Embrace
    -Appears randomly. I found him not very far in, along the east wall from the north zone.
    -Drop: Lumber, White Mask, (Arcana)
    -Steal: Mystletainn

Garamsythe Waterway
    Razorfin, Level 4-5, North Spur Sluiceway
    -Ran into it while exploring the old areas to get kills for bestiary completion. Was killing everything on the way towards the Royal Palace and didn't have much of a chain. Was waiting right where the path westward turns north towards the Royal Palace. It's likely a random pop.
    -Drop: Fish Scale, Iron Sword
    -Steal: Water Crystal
    -Poach: Pebble, Icthon Scale

Drowned, Level 40-41, No. 4 Cloaca Spur
    -Found this one while working on opening the path to Cuchulainn. My guess would be that it's another random one, but it's hard to say for sure.
    -Drop: Foul Flesh, Scathe Mote
    -Steal: Forbidden Flesh

*Gavial, Level 46-47, No. 10 Channel
    Appears in the lower section of the No. 10 Channel in the Garamsythe Waterway. Close the No. 10 sluice gate, then explore the large room at the west end of the lower section. Gavial appears behind the party at the east end.
    May need to run back and forth between the east and west end a few times. Eventually, it'll come charging at you while you're in the west room.
    -Drop: Fur-scaled Trophy
    -Steal: Antarctic Wind

Giza Plains
    Rain Dancer, Level 23-24, Gizas South Bank (The Rains)
    -Pops randomly kinda in the middle on the north half of the zone. However, I've read some things that suggest it's pop area might not be limitted to just that zone.
    -Drop: Fish Scale, Icthon Scale
    -Steal: Miter
    -Poach: Pebble, Dorsal Fin

*Nazarnir, Level 45-46, Starfall Field (The Dry)
    There's a 40% chance for it to appear in Giza Plain's Starfall Field during The Dry.
    It's in the southeast corner.
    -Drop: Maned Trophy
    -Steal: Destrier Mane

Golmore Jungle
    Grave Lord, Level 24-25, The Rusting Chapel
    -Kill everything in the zone and Dark Skeletons will start popping. Eventually Grave Lord will appear in the middle platform (may or may not need chain, just wander around killing Dark Skeletons and checking on the middle platform every so often).
    -Drop: Bone Fragment, Diamond Helm
    -Steal: Death's Head
    -Poach: Pebble, Blood-darkened Bone

Phyllo, Level 24-25, The Branchway
    -Pops randomly on that little piece of walkway that juts out about halfway down the southern path (not too far from the stairs).
    -Drop: Bat Fang, Spiral Incisor
    -Steal: Taurus Gem
    -Poach: Pebble, Ras Algethi

Henne Mines
    *Melt, Level 48-49, Pithead Junction B
    There's a 50% chance that it will appear in Pithead Junction B within the Henne Mines after you activate the switch inside the room.
    -Drop: Slimy Trophy
    -Steal: Hastega Mote

Lhusu Mines
    Aerieel, Level 12-13, Oltam Span
    -Seems to show up randomly in that zone. Pops usually at the east end of the bridge.
    -Drop: Bat Fang, Golden Armor
    -Steal: Bat Wing
    -Poach: Pebble, Taurus Gem

Gemhorn, Level 45-46, Site 11
    -Kill every mob in the zone (including the mimics, which can be kinda hard to spot) and it will appear in the far west of the un-constructed mine tunnel area (just southwest of where it turns back into ruins). You may need to zone after killing everything to get it to appear.
    -Drop: Tanned Hide, Great Axe, (Arcana)
    -Steal: Slaven Harness

Disma, Level 59-60, Site 5/Site 6 South
    There's a 5% chance that it will appear in one of the marked spots in either Site 5 or Site 6 South. Explore both areas fully.
    The "marked spots" are basically anywhere Dark Lords spawn.
    -Drop: Accursed Trophy
    -Steal: Mirage Vest

Bombshell, Level 60-61, Lasche Span
    -Randomly appears in this zone.
    -Drop: Yagyu Darkblade, Bomb Ashes
    -Steal: Mallet

Mosphoran Highwaste
    Grey Molter, Level 34-35, Empyrean Way
    -Appears randomly just a little ways up the path beyond where you need floatweed to access.
    -Drop: Snake Skin, Prime Tanned Hide
    -Steal: Aries Gem
    -Poach: Pebble, Serpent Eye

Wary Wolf, Level 34-35, Summit Path
    -I found him on literally my first few steps into Summit Path. My guess is he either pops randomly or in a Worgen chain. Found him in the east near the zone to Southern Skirts.
    -Drop: Wolf Pelt, Power Armlet
    -Steal: Prime Pelt
    -Poach: Pebble, Hell-Gate's Flame

*Dheed, Level 49-50, Skyreach Bridge
    There's a 40% chance that it willl appear in the Skyreach Bridge area of the Mosphoran Highwaste. Solve the Floatweed puzzle described in the "Exodus" quest to reach the peak.
    -Drop: Leathern Trophy
    -Steal: Mirage Vest

Naberus Deadlands
    Velulu, Level 46-47, The Fog Mutters
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziegus
    Seems to pop on the left most or right most area on this map when you have red HP. I've also seen him pop when one of my characters dies. When you meet the conditions go to the left zone or right zone and he should just be hanging around.
    I've confirmed to some satisfaction that this is indeed true. You can manually whack one of your characters till he's in the red and/or dead, heal 'em up, and it should be waiting for you. I've always found him waiting near the zone to Overlooking Eternity. To get to The Fog Mutters, there is a hidden path from the northwest corner of The Slumbermead.
    -Drop: Foul Flesh, Save the Queen

*Arioch, Level 47-48, The Slumbermead
    There's a 40% chance that it will appear in the Slumbermead portion of the Nabreus Deadlands.
    -Drop: Vengeful Trophy
    -Steal: Sage's Ring

Nam-Yensa Sandsea
    Imdugud, Level 17-18, Withering Shores
    -It's on the secluded section of Withering Shores that must be accessed through Zertinan Caverns (the southwestern entrance to Zertinan Caverns in Ogir-Yensa Sandsea). Wait on the circular platform at the west end for a little while and it'll show up.
    -Drop: Large Feather, Windslicer Pinion
    -Steal: Shield Armor
    -Poach: Pebble, White Incense

Megabomb, Level 18-19, Demesne of the Sandqueen
    -Work up a chain on the Urutan-Yensa, for me it popped just west of the northern side of the west bridge going to the small north island in that zone.
    -Drop: Bomb Ashes, Bomb Shell
    -Steal: Bomb Fragment
    -Poach: Pebble, Scorpio Gem

*Victanir, Level 46-47, Yellow Sands
    There's a 40% chance that it will appear in the Yellow Sands portion of Nam-Yensa Sandsea.
    There are three positions it can appear at, near the zone to Zertinan Caverns.
    -Drop: Maverick Trophy
    -Steal: Wargod's Band

Necrohol of Nabudis
    Helvinek, Level 48-49, Cloister of the Highborn
    -It popped on top of me while I was in the midle of getting my ass kicked (was in the middle of fighting an Elvoret when an Oversoul warped in and proceeded to kill all of my party's MP -_-) in about the middle of Cloister of the Highborn. For some odd reason I could actually see it's HP (I didn't even think it was rare game at first), and contrary to what the guide says, it had 99999. Supposedly, it pops after killing a certain amount of Oversouls.
    Addendum: The magic number seems to be six. Fought it a number of times now (all in the Cloister of the Highborn, but I wouldn't be surprised if it pops anywhere) and the last few times it has popped right on time after the sixth.
    -Drop: Grimoire Togail, Grand Armor, (Arcana)
    -Steal: Magick Lamp

*Vorres, Level 49-50, Hall of the Ivory Covenant
    Find a Dark Elemental in the Hall of the Ivory Covenant within the Necrohol of Nabudis. Lead the elemental from the hallway north of the Cloister of Reason to the hallway on the south side without defeating it. Vorres appears when the elemental reaches the correct spot. Dark Elementals are rare, so be patient and keep reentering the area until one appears.
    If one doesn't show up, you only need to move one zone away to refresh the zone's dark "weather".
    -Drop: Gravesoil Trophy
    -Steal: Soul Powder

Ogir-Yensa Sandsea
    Pineapple, Level 16-18, Platform 1 - Refinery
    -Pops randomly in that zone. This one took me freaking forever to pop and it's not made any easier by the fact that 2 zones away is a long ways. I ended up just saving in the Westersands entrance to Ogir-Yensa and reloading every time I got there and it wasn't there. It pops near/on the looping section right about in the middle of that zone.
    -Drop: Bomb Ashes, Storm Staff
    -Steal: Bomb Shell
    -Poach: Pebble, Bomb Fragment

Urutan Exile, Level 17-18, Platform 2 - Refinery
    Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    Pops when you kill 100 Urutan-Yensa period, chained or not. I've killed it about 3-4 times since that was my absolute favorite zone to grind LP in during my 20s-30s.
    This is quite likely correct. It pops on the machine section just before the entrance to Nam-Yensa.
    -Drop: Earth Stone, Osafune
    -Steal: Hi-Potion
    -Poach: Pebble

*Bull Chocobo, Level 47-48, South Tank Approach
    There's a 40% chance for it to appear in the South Tank Approach section of the Ogir-Yensa Sandsea.
    It's down in the sandy area along the south-middle of the zone.
    -Drop: Beaked Trophy
    -Steal: Hi-Ether

Ozmone Plain
    Aeros, Level 23-24, The Shred
    -Appears after killing enemies there, and possibly after having killed the Bull Croc. I did end up popping it right after killing Bull Croc.
    -Drop: Crooked Fang, Wyvern Fang
    -Steal: Wyvern Wing
    -Poach: Pebble, Ashura

Bull Croc, Level 23-24, The Shred
    -Pops randomly in the northern section of that zone.
    -Drop: Braid Wool, Demon Mail
    -Steal: Blood Wool
    -Poach: Pebble, Broken Sword

*Killbug, Level 44-45, The Switchback
    Found on the north edge between exit points near the entrance to Zertinan Caverns.
    It's a mimic; appears as a coffer at first.
    -Drop: Metallic Trophy
    -Steal: Knot of Rust

Paramina Rift
    *Ancbolder, Level 29-30, Karydine Glacier
    Defeat all 12 enemies in the Karydine Glacier sector of Paramina Rift to force Ancbolder and Anchag, a trophy-less rare creature, to appear.
    When I went for Ancbolder, both indeed popped.
    -Drop: Mind Trophy
    -Steal: Forbidden Flesh

Anchag, Level 29-30, Karydine Glacier
    -Kill everything in the zone and it should pop around the south-middle area. The guide implies it has the same pop conditions as Ancbolder (see above).
    -Drop: Festering Flesh, Obelisk
    -Steal: Damascus Steel
    -Poach: Pebble, Forbidden Flesh

Phon Coast
    Apsara, Level 37-38, The Mauleia Strand
    -It's either random or you need a 10+ chain on Piranhas. It showed up for me while I had a Piranha chain, but it was a little exhausting as there are none in the zone.
    -Drop: Fish Scale, Pisces Gem
    -Steal: Empyrean Rod
    -Poach: Pebble, Dorsal Fin

*Skullash, Level 37-38, Cape Tialan
    Appears randomly among the Pyrolisks (40% chance).
    -Drop: Clawed Trophy
    -Steal: Charger Barding

*Thalassinon, Level 38-39, The Vaddu Strand
    Wait at the highest point on the eastern ledge within the Vaddu Strand until the enemy appears on the beach below.
    From the far edge of the raised area on the east side you'll be able to see it below when it pops.
    -Drop: Shelled Trophy
    -Steal: Adamantite

Salikawood
    Wood Toad, Level 35-36, Corridor of Ages
    -Appeared suddenly about halfway down the off-path near the northern zone to Piebald Path (not the short one just next to the zone). It's invisible and seems to appear if you attack the Malboro King there. Whether or not it appears at all seems to be random.
    -Drop: Horn, Platinum Helm
    -Steal: Solid Horn
    -Poach: Pebble, Frogspawn

*Rageclaw, Level 36-37, Piebald Path
    Wait on Piebald Path in the Salikawood for at least one minute without killing anything. This forces Rageclaw to appear from the west or south exit of that area; in essence, it will appear from the exit opposite of where the player entered Piebald Path.
    Actually, it'll appear at whichever entrance you're not closest to. I entered from the south, waited at the west exit for a while, then went back to the south exit and there it was.
    -Drop: Sickle Trophy
    -Steal: Sickle-Blade

Spee, Level 36-37, Sun-dappled Path
    -Kill all the Wyrdhare in the zone and it'll pop at one of the short, dead-end paths.
    -Drop: Drab Wool, Blood Wool
    -Steal: Stardust
    -Poach: Pebble, Claymore

Sochen Cave Palace
    Cubus, Level 37-38, Temptation Eluded
    -Kill all the enemies in the zone and it should plop right down on top of you. If it doesn't appear, try again.
    -Drop: Green Liquid, Holy Mote
    -Steal: Silver Liquid

*Anubys, Level 38-39, Mirror of the Soul
    It appears in the Mirror of the Soul secret room within the Sochen Cave Palace. To open the door to the room, walk the clockwise spiral through Destiny's March, Falls of Time, and Mirror of the Soul starting at the east entrance into the Falls of Time from Destiny's March.
    If you've gone through the secret room before, you can access it again without having to repeat the process. If you do this, you may need to go back to Falls of Time and then zone back into the secret room in Mirror of the Soul to get it to actually show up.
    -Drop: Ensanguined Trophy
    -Steal: Vampyr Fang

*Wendice, Level 38-39, Destiny's March
    Defeat all of the creatures in the four small rooms that are directly connected to the central hall of Destiny's March. This forces Wendice to appear in the center.
    -Drop: Frigid Trophy
    -Steal: Gemini Gem

Stilshrine of Miriam
    Matriarch Bomb, Level 31-32, Ward of the Sword-King (kinda)
    -This one is easy to pop and an absolute bitch to deal with if you're trying to steal from it or poach it. As far as I can tell it pops 100% of the time when you enter the last area of the hidden stairway off to the west before the giant sword statue in Ward of the Sword-King. The catch is as soon as you enter your characters trigger a Berserk trap. A shitload of Oiling pop there and on the way back too.
    Addendum: Equipping your characters with Steel Poleyns or casting Float before entering the room will save you a lot of pain.
    -Drop: Bomb Ashes, Bomb Shell
    -Steal: Scorpio Gem
    -Poach: Pebble, Bomb Fragment

Negalmuur, Level 31-32, Ward of the Sword-King
    -Seems to pop as long as you have a sizeable chain of any type (I ended up popping it on my way to the save point from Matriarch Bomb and I had built up a large chain on Oilings on the way). Pops at the intersection.
    -Drop: Book of Ordain, Vanishga Mote
    -Poach: Pebble, Book of Ordain-Mille

*Myath, Level 42-43, Ward of Velitation
    Eliminate the three Dragon Aevis foes guarding the Ward of Velitation. Exit the room and reenter it to find Myath.
    -Drop: Eternal Trophy
    -Steal: Leo Gem

Tchita Uplands
    Tarasque, Level 37-38, Garden of Life's Circle
    -Hopped out of the river after I hit chain level 3 (58-Chain) on the Serpents in the area. Not sure if it was the chain or if it was random, but it wasn't a random pop in place of the lone Lizard as I suspected at first. I kept repopping the area by heading to the other side of The Nameless Spring.
    -Drop: Horn, Solid Horn
    -Steal: Hunting Crossbow
    -Poach: Pebble, Frog Oil

*Grimalkin, Level 38-39, Uazcuff Hills
    Appears randomly among Coeurls (10% chance).
    This one's a good old fashioned lottery pop.
    -Drop: Whiskered Trophy
    -Steal: Coeurl Whisker

*Kris, Level 38-39, The Highlands
    Appears randomly among the Malboro Overkings (40% chance).
    Sounds like it might be lottery pop also (and it easily could be), but when I found it was waiting without having killed any Malboro Overkings on that particular zone refresh.
    -Drop: Odiferous Trophy
    -Steal: Putrid Liquid

The Great Crystal
    *Crystal Knight, Level 61-62, A Vikaari Kanbhru Ra
    Begin at Way Stone XX and run a clockwise loop to the Sagitarius switch and back to Way Stone XX (three zones total). The Crystal Knight should be standing near the Way Stone.
    Pretty sure I didn't run a loop when it showed up for me, and I definetly wasn't headed clockwise. Glimmering Robes can be bought in the shop in the far back of Barheim Passage (where you first enter it near the beginning of the game) if you don't want to mess around with stealing Glimmering Robes from Crystal Knight.
    -Drop: Skull Trophy
    -Steal: Glimmering Robes

Evil Spirit, Level 61-62, Sthaana Aquarius/Dha Vikaari Dhebon Ra
    -It showed up right after I hit the Aquarius switch in Sthaana Aquarius (the left path in the save room just before Ultima facing towards Ultima's path) and was about to run back to look for one of the gates, and then again immediately after entering Dha Vikaari Dhebon Ra (the right path from the aforementioned room). Doesn't look like it was due to any chain, it's probably just random.
    Gungir is also available from a traveling merchant in Dalmasca Westersands at least after the Pharos if you really want one (though I'm not really sure why you would if you're not a collector).
    -Drop: Glass Jewel, Gungnir
    -Steal: Lifewick

Tomb of Raithwall
    Barmuu, Level 19-20, Royal Passage
    -Work up a chain on the bats near the entrance and it'll eventually pop near the teleporters.
    -Drop: Solid Stone, Betelgeuse
    -Steal: Lamia's Tiara
    -Poach: Pebble, Quality Stone

Cultsworn Lich, Level 20-21, Southfall Passage
    -Randomly splits off from a normal Lich when it uses Divide. It seems to use it automatically if it drops down to critical HP and only once per Lich. My strategy was to turn off everyone's gambits then have my weakest character knock it down to critical then canceled their commands and wait for it to Divide. Didn't take me too terribly long to pop.
    -Drop: Glass Jewel, Sky Jewel
    -Steal: Loxley Bow
    -Poach: Pebble, Death Powder

*Zombie Lord, Level 38-39, Northfall Passage
    This creature appears in one of the spots at the Northfall Passage section of the Tomb of Raithwall. However, the Zombie Lord oly appears after the party has been in the area between 0-29 minutes.
    Keep going back and forth between the entrances without leaving and it will eventually appear. Curiously, when it popped for me it did not appear in one of the spots indicated in the guide.
    -Drop: Soulless Trophy
    -Steal: Close Helmet

Zertinan Caverns
    Molen, Level 38-39, Hourglass Basin
    -Go to the hidden area past the save crystal in The Undershore and go all the way to the dead end (where there may be a coffer). Wait there until you see Molen appear accross the chasm. You'll need to go back around through The Undershore to get to it.
    -Drop: Iron Ore, Gigas Chestplate
    -Steal: Mythril

*Alteci, Level 41-42, The Undershore
    Defeat at least 11 Mallicants in a row within The Undershore, then step out and reenter the area to trigger Alteci's appearance.
    I wasn't paying enough attention at the time to count if I had killed 11 Mallicants in the room, but I did have 11-Chain by the time I entered it and it wasn't up. Anywho, keep killing them there and zoning and it should appear eventually.
    -Drop: Fell Trophy
    -Steal: Behemoth Steak

Golmore Jungle

Midgardorsmir - Level 24-25 - Paths of Chained Light

Every time I've managed to pop him (3 times now) I was farming Panthers and got a chain of at least 50 before going back to the Viera Village via the Marlboro path to sell off my loot. He has two spawn points from where I see. One at the stairway cross-section by the Gargoyles and at the opposite end of that path on the west side by the 4 Panther spawns near the Hellhound.

I'll have to try chaining again, got up to 101 last night on Panthers before I had to go sell off all my coeurl pelts. Since then I've tried clearing the zone to see if that does it but no luck there either.

Pharos at Ridorana, Third Ascent

Tower - idk what lvl - 88th Floor

Spawns randomly

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Urutan Exile, Level 17-18, Platform 2 - Refinery
    Apparently pops after building up a large chain (supposedly 100, but I popped it without getting higher than 60) on Urutan-Yensa. I didn't, however, still have that chain when I ended up finding it (ran into it randomly while just passing the story along). Honestly don't have much data on this one other than that it pops on the machine section just before the entrance to Nam-Yensa.
    Pops when you kill 100 Urutan-Yensa period, chained or not. I've killed it about 3-4 times since that was my absolute favorite zone to grind LP in during my 20s-30s.

Just finished my 4th 50+ chain and about to hand in my corresponding 4th stack of 99 coeurl pelts, still haven't seen Midgardsormr, gonna give up for now and come back to this later I guess...

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Feywood

Dreadguard - Pops down south near the save crystal, where all the mirror knights are. You need to get a ceirtain chain# and be past the rare game "initiation" thing in Phon Coast for it to appear. Popped around chain 18 or 20 for me while I was farming them, only dropped a Trophy

Golmore Jungle

Forgot what his name was, JP translation was "Bide Cutter" but I remember it was a little different in the NA when I saw it. Anyway, mantis NM, pops on the way from the Viera Village to Feywood (on the map with the zone to the village). Seems to be a completly random spawn, I was fleeing from every mob since I zoned to get to feywood faster and it was just standing there. Not sure on the level, probably somewhere in 45-55, was hitting my mid 40s PT for anywhere from 600 to 1000. Only dropped a Trophy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou
    Just finished my 4th 50+ chain and about to hand in my corresponding 4th stack of 99 coeurl pelts, still haven't seen Midgardsormr, gonna give up for now and come back to this later I guess...
    I could be wrong but those are the only things that I can think of that would contribute to popping it. It hasn't popped every single time for me though

Relic Shield
    BG Level

There is some really good research going on in this gamefaqs thread:

http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/genmes ... c=31596080

A couple posters, including a big contributer under the name AmanoJ, are basically farming these rare game for hours checking conditions. They seem to have made lots of clarifications, such as:

Lindbur Wolf: Needs 20 wolves killed in westersand, chain NOT necessary.

Fideliant: Cannot be up while Lindbur Wolf is up

There are other clarifications and tests, so feel free to watch the thread and see what they come up with. I won't make this post extra long by posting them all.

Pooling our efforts with theirs should go a long way toward getting a guide for all 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Illverin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou
    I could be wrong but those are the only things that I can think of that would contribute to popping it. It hasn't popped every single time for me though
    I wouldn't be surprised if you're right and I just have crap luck.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

This one is easy to pop and an absolute bitch to deal with if you're trying to steal from it or poach it. As far as I can tell it pops 100% of the time when you enter the last area of the hidden stairway off to the west before the giant sword statue in Ward of the Sword-King. The catch is as soon as you enter your characters trigger a Berserk trap. A shitload of Oiling pop there and on the way back too.
    Isn't there an accessory or something that makes you immune to traps? Unless it's a special one that ignore that stuff. Or you could just enter the room with 1 low level character and switch your real party in when that one dies. (not at stillshrine yet)

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    This one is easy to pop and an absolute bitch to deal with if you're trying to steal from it or poach it. As far as I can tell it pops 100% of the time when you enter the last area of the hidden stairway off to the west before the giant sword statue in Ward of the Sword-King. The catch is as soon as you enter your characters trigger a Berserk trap. A shitload of Oiling pop there and on the way back too.
    Isn't there an accessory or something that makes you immune to traps? Unless it's a special one that ignore that stuff. Or you could just enter the room with 1 low level character and switch your real party in when that one dies. (not at stillshrine yet)
    There is, but it's not available to buy for a ways after you go to the Stilshrine. Alternately, Float allows you to bypass traps too, can't remember if that was available then either though.

Anyways, if you have either of those, I'm sure that would be far less of a hastle.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

I've randomly ran into Midgardsormr my first time through the Jungle and I was not on a chain. It spawned out of nowhere like those normal snakes in the plains do.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Ozmone Plain
    Aeros, Level 23-24, The Shred
    Appears after killing enemies there, and possibly after having killed the Bull Croc. I did end up popping it right after killing Bull Croc.

Bull Croc, Level 23-24, The Shred
    Pops randomly in the northern section of that zone.
    The same thing happened to me. I was chaining the bird guys around there, right after I killed bull Croc Aeros popped. They seem related.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Bombshell 60-61

pops randomly on the bridge you have to cross over to get to the 2nd gilgamesh fight. drops Yagyu Darkblade but good luck getting it to, i think i'm like 0/15 -_-.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Velulu-
    Nabreus Deadlands - The Fog Mufflers
    Drops - Foul Flesh, Save the Queen

Seems to pop on the left most or right most area on this map when you have red HP. I've also seen him pop when one of my characters dies. When you meet the conditions go to the left zone or right zone and he should just be hanging around.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Xerlic Jilrak
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Titan

Pops randomly around the middle of the zone. It popped in clear weather for me, so sandstorms are not a prerequisite.
    Any tips on popping this?

What I'd do is go to the Midfault and kill everything. If it wasn't up, I'd go 2 zones back to Rabanastre, hit the save crystal, then go back to the Midfault.

I'm 0/7 so far and have seen it pop in clear and sandy weather. I haven't been able to get it pop suddenly and have run back and forth 10-15 times.

Am I approaching this incorrectly or just getting unlucky with the pop?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh

I think unlucky, ive went to zone, he was up, killed him zoned two zones away, came back like 5 mins later, and he was up again
    Seroiusly crazy how fast "NM's" can repop in this game lol
    then again sometimes they dont pop forever, its all random i think

As far as I can tell it's one of those ones that is totally random chance. The only thing you can do is check if he's up and if he's not, just gotta move 2 zones away and try again.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Xerlic
    Pops randomly around the middle of the zone. It popped in clear weather for me, so sandstorms are not a prerequisite.
    Any tips on popping this?

What I'd do is go to the Midfault and kill everything. If it wasn't up, I'd go 2 zones back to Rabanastre, hit the save crystal, then go back to the Midfault.

I'm 0/7 so far and have seen it pop in clear and sandy weather. I haven't been able to get it pop suddenly and have run back and forth 10-15 times.

Am I approaching this incorrectly or just getting unlucky with the pop?
    I was on my way to the wester sea-sand place (forget the name, in class atm), and it was up. was fucking my ppl up for like 200 a hit. didnt drop anything of value

Can this list be updated with drops ?