+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Neoparaoa (Amazing Item)     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Neoparaoa (Amazing Item)

This item is sold by the Clan Vendor in the Muthuru Bazaar in Rabanstre
    (Tele Stones can be bought also)
    (After a certain rank, early rank 8-12 Marks dead)

30,000 Gil

It is a well worth investment to buy 1 for certain NM's and Marks, also some bosses

It does what it inscripiton says reverse effect of healing/damage

Coolest thing to do is get all 3 LP squares that cure certain negative effects thru Remedy

Start a fight with any monster be it reg,nm,boss, or mark

Have leader or character you are controlling equip this MOMENTAIRLY (equip, use, remove)
    Open up the menu box, go to items and use a remedy (if you have a sufficient amount [I have around so 60] press L1 on the PS2 controller so you can throw your item at w/e you are fighting, not yourself or ally)

Please remember to take off the accessory quickly because, if you get low health and 1 of your other char heals you or you yourself you die cause healing = reversed

But overall this item is kick ass, did Antlion and never got to kill it regular, did the equip, use Remedy, remove for g. amulet and LOOOOOOOL

Antlion had the status effect of Disease, Slow, Silence, Oil, Doom, Petrify
    The Mark died by Doom when the counter hit 0

Some monsters can be Immune to certain effects but some will always land, never missed 1 yet, used this technique 25+ times

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

If it reverses the effect of healing/damage, can you just damage your party member to heal them, rather than have them take off the accessory and using MP to cure them?

Likewise, do monster attacks heal you?

Quote Originally Posted by Khamsin
    If it reverses the effect of healing/damage, can you just damage your party member to heal them, rather than have them take off the accessory and using MP to cure them?

It doesnt give reverse effect, it just reverses Curitive items. Basicly, Phoenix Down= Death, To your party members and enemies.

n/m

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Falconblade

It doesnt give reverse effect, it just reverses Curitive items. Basicly, Phoenix Down= Death, To your party members and enemies.
    Ya, antidotes become poison potions etc.

Yup. I was farming maggoty flesh in the Underground Palace the other night and was feeling lazy, so I'd use Reverse on Basch and Balthier while they were berserked and the Striker's hits healed them. Problem is that the spell doesn't last long enough. Example would be that lolProtect lasts longer than fucking Reverse, I think Decoy does too.

A. Body
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Toralyn

Yup. I was farming maggoty flesh in the Underground Palace the other night and was feeling lazy, so I'd use Reverse on Basch and Balthier while they were berserked and the Striker's hits healed them. Problem is that the spell doesn't last long enough. Example would be that lolProtect lasts longer than fucking Reverse, I think Decoy does too.
    yah and it costs a shitload of mp too

i remember starting the antlion fight by having one guy with #1 gambit to be reverse on the tank (which has #1 decoy on self) while the 3rd guy warping the adds, by the time the adds were all warped (which didn't take very long at all) the reverse bot has bottomed up mp already while the self decoy and warp bots barely lost any mp at all

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Couldn't you "aspir" the mob between reverse/decoy recasts (don't remember the real name in 12). Or charge once or twice if it runs out.

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    Couldn't you "aspir" the mob between reverse/decoy recasts (don't remember the real name in 12). Or charge once or twice if it runs out.
    Id say Syphon takes longer to cast then Reverse lasts.
    You literally have to start recasting Reverse on the person you want it on as soon as you cast it.
    Reverse Start-----Reverse End-Start again------wears-lands.