Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Newbie Topic - But Meaningful... ? Maat {Where?}

Kkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk ive found it really annoying having to go to maat every time i get a testimony to see where the BC is- and i have been unable to find any information about maat fight locations using search. Also, i checked a lot of the "FFXI Resource" pages, guides, wiki, etc- they all talk about the bs stuff like strats gear etc... but they dont mention where the actual fights are. Anyone know a good place that has the locations listed? Only have 2 left to go, but just figured it would be a handy thing to know for other people goin for Maat's Cap.

Please dont ban me, this has been buggin me for a long time loooooooooool.

edit: fixed the topic name because it was too vague.

LOL NUB

(j/k)

Balga's Dais -- MNK, WHM, SMN
    Horlais Peak -- WAR, BLM, RNG
    Qu'Bia Arena -- PLD, DRK, BRD
    Waughroon Shrine -- RDM, THF, BST
    Oracle's Chamber -- SAM, NIN, DRG

Done and added to wiki's Shattering Stars page.

RDM - Waughroon Shrine
    BLM - Horlais Peak

Pld Qu'Bia Arena.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

I mean good point this aren't listed but um... how does this actually matter?
    He warps you there, you fight him, he gives you a warp scroll to go back to HP or you die and HP anyway....

Weird, someone was just shouting this exact question in Whitegate on Gilgamesh...

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    He warps you there, you fight him, he gives you a warp scroll to go back to HP or you die and HP anyway....
    I believe he only warp you the very first time, or only for your first Lv.70 job (aka when you "need" Genkai 5 to be done).

it's different for people with 27 jobs over 66

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Only for your first time to actually get the 75 cap I believe. Rematches have you walk there yourself.

Edit: Eh, someone said it already.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Fenrir

On a second (or more) fight, he won't warp you. You'll have to hike out to the arena, don't get any scroll for winning, and do suffer the xp penalty if you fail.

[Edit] beaten to it

Thanks for the fast responses- and thx for updating wiki ^_^

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Ok thanks i understand now. Have held my RDM test for about 4 months now, my BLM Maat was very much soul destroying as in he resisted pretty much any sleep (with borrowed HQ stuff from friend Enfeebling Torque > Spider / Pluto > Dark) 7 times in a row... so not been in a hurry to fight the cheating shriveling scrote <.<.

for rdm best strat imo is...

run up to the crest, chainspell
    blink, stoneskin, phalanx, diaga, aero3, aero3(repeat till he dies- recast stoneskin/blink if you need to convert)

and you can win in like 30-60 seconds ^_^

if youre lvl 75, 2 thunder3s will kill him with the ideal gearset and melon pie+1.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Yeah I'm 75 and i know i can beat him.... actually you just spurred me into finally doing it .... I imagine is going to be more satisfying than simply slapping him whenever you go by to exchange some Animas lol

lolrdmmaat, even though I had the pretty much the best gear possible ( due to my gilbuying habits ), I still lost like 5 times, via the sleep + gradually nuke strategy. It was only when I fleehacked to Maat before he had time to buff, then CS + Aero 3'd from the bat, was I successful.

fucking random, Pluto's Staff + enfeebling torque and 4 merits into enfeeb at 70 and I still got resisted all the time.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by kawkawkaw
    lolrdmmaat, even though I had the pretty much the best gear possible ( due to my gilbuying habits ), I still lost like 5 times, via the sleep + gradually nuke strategy. It was only when I fleehacked to Maat before he had time to buff, then CS + Aero 3'd from the bat, was I successful.

fucking random, Pluto's Staff + enfeebling torque and 4 merits into enfeeb at 70 and I still got resisted all the time.
    That's a pretty shweet strat you got there.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Siren
    WoW Realm
    Thrall

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenlokk

blink, stoneskin, phalanx, diaga, aero3, aero3(repeat till he dies- recast stoneskin/blink if you need to convert)

if youre lvl 75, 2 thunder3s will kill him with the ideal gearset and melon pie+1.
    I'll give that a try.

my BLM Maat was very much soul destroying as in he resisted pretty much any sleep (with borrowed HQ stuff from friend Enfeebling Torque > Spider / Pluto > Dark) 7 times in a row... so not been in a hurry to fight the cheating shriveling scrote <.<.
    Uh, he resisted Elemental Seal + Sleep II?

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

LB5 isn't level capped at 70 anymore? O_o

Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Koyangi

I'll give that a try.
    To clear blink, idiot.