Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Question on NMs popping on boats

Just a thing that has been puzzling me...
    With the exception of Pirate attacks on the Selbina/Mauhra boat which i think happens randomly, how the behavior of boats' NMs is related to their repop time?

for example, let's take the Orc NM in Carpender's Landing. he's reported to spawn like every 21 hrs on a specific route:
    if someone takes that route and watch the NM pop but doesn't kill it, then will it pop again in the next run?
    or is it something more like : every 21hrs it will pop during a single route trip and then repop 21hrs later?

or Proteus:
    if someone boards the ship to Nashmau and it pops and no one kills it, then will it be up *again* during the returnung trip to Aht Urghan?

i do know zoredonite will still be spawned after the ship docks, however it will depop if untouched for like 3-5 minutes, sometimes its still there after docking, sometimes it depops

A lot of the ship zones are not as singular as you might think. There are 2 Silver sea ships (to Nashmau and to Al Zhabi), and the NMs on each are (I think) unrelated.

Same goes for the Mhaura-Selbina run. There are 2 ship zones, one each for east and westwards runs.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Re: Question on NMs popping on boats

Proteus can ONLY spawn on the way to Nashmau, never on the way back. Like the above poster mentioned, each boat is a seperate zone. The boat from Nashmau to Aht Urghan has the NM duck that drops the badass PLD sword.

From the numerous times I had camped Proteus, he woouldn't always spawn back to back even if it is his window. I had friends warp back to Aht Urghan and reboard the boat when we'd land in Nashmau so we wouldn't miss any potential spawns and in 6-10 boat rides(depending on how late it was or how bored we got) he never popped more than twice(first time being me riding the boat then spamming LS to help me kill it). I had a few nights where the bastard didn't pop after I got people gathered and there's no way anyone killed it because I rode every sucessive boat ride after the one it popped from. :/

Vygun

Quote Originally Posted by Moggy
    i do know zoredonite will still be spawned after the ship docks, however it will depop if untouched for like 3-5 minutes, sometimes its still there after docking, sometimes it depops
    This happened to me as well with zordanite, but I have never seen it happen on Al Zahbi boats, perhaps because of the way the 2 routes are set up as the different zones rather then just one boat. idk.