Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Besieged NMs     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Banned.

BG Level

Besieged NMs

I noticed there is a lot of information lacking about these guys. I'm pretty sure all of them have been killed once. I'm currently planning a run through all of the NMs and Gurlurfur of Halvung. While most of the info about these guys is out there, some I haven't been able to find info on at all. Anyway, I think it might be a good idea to fill up FFXIclopedia on this info.

Pretty much, what's the deal with each NM(they all have their odd traits), any strategies to defeating them, and what do they drop(since the last update gave them all drops). If just want to use PMs, that is cool too ;o. I'm especially interested in info about the more obscure troll(/moblin) NMs.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Please excuse the low post count.

From my own observations and also the morons that spam shout in Al Zahbi.

Gurfurlar the Menacing absorbs all Magical and Skillchain damage.

[To my knowledge we have never killed him during Beseiged on Odin cause of the mindless WS spam that people do.]

Madusa[sp] I think this was known before the big Lv.6 update but I think you need to kill the Mini-Generals(Merrow No.183 ect...) before you can damage her.

Gulool Ja Ja, Havent really fought him much but i think the only big thing ive noticed is he has a massive weakness to Ice.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

From what I hear about Gurfurlar the Menacing, you should only cast drain on it and never cast drain on it....... well that's what I always hear during beseiged.

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    From what I hear about Gurfurlar the Menacing, you should only cast drain on it and never cast drain on it....... well that's what I always hear during beseiged.
    I think it's the same as dark-form JoL, if you drain it'll say "Suiram drains such-and-such HP from JoL/Gurfulur", but you don't actually recover any HP and I'm pretty sure it's regaining the amount of HP you would have recovered.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    He does absorb all magic/ninjutsu spells casted on him but drain. Drain works extremely well on him. We had a group of RDM Chainspell drain him and got him down to 15%. Then some fuckwipe came along and burst2'd him.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Point is that people decide to fuck it up. People start to say, cast drain on it is the best way to deal damage. Then a bunch of other people start to shout, don't cast drain, it heals him.

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Drain heals him, there's just no message (yet) for "You cast drain on XXX and it gains XXXHP."

i'm awesome.
    BG Level

lol it's funny how not even 2 posts apart you can see Janices predicament.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Quote Originally Posted by Tidy
    He does absorb all magic/ninjutsu spells casted on him but drain. Drain works extremely well on him. We had a group of RDM Chainspell drain him and got him down to 15%. Then some fuckwipe came along and burst2'd him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moochi
    Drain heals him, there's just no message (yet) for "You cast drain on XXX and it gains XXXHP."
    I'm so confuzzled.

Banned.

BG Level

I was talking about more about outside Beiseged, but this okay too

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Not sure if this is what your looking for, but some of us were bored and decided to hunt some of the beseiged NMs after getting spinal cleave for someone in reef. Found Lamie No. 8 (i think). Ended up killing after experiencing some interesting tp moves. Did something where she counted down, then did what seemed like 5-7 tp moves back to back. Wild Card 2hr only did it once. Ended up dropping corsairs scimitar. Last night we killed one of the troll NMs, located at the halvung entrance by pudding camp. Mnk NM with what seemed to be random en-petrify on hits, spammed 100 fist. Resist gravity etc but para and slow seemed to land. Didnt drop anything. Then went off to kill Lamie No. 9 and got evoker gages.

Medusa was up on WS, but could not find out how to get to her for some reason. Will add more when we get bored and search for more random things to do.

Edit- Believe I had the number wrong for the NM.