Item Search
     
BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 23

Thread: Sniper Collar, where? o.o     submit to reddit submit to twitter submit to tumblr

  1. #1

    Sniper Collar, where? o.o

    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8941

    I'm trying to find any info on how to obtain this? Considering it's rare/ex, I'm a broke ass(mainly from Giltoss AKA bullet spamming) COR can't wear Jagd, and Argus is a pain. I think this neck would be nice to get.

  2. #2
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,131
    BG Level
    7

    Theres also

    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8715

    Qirn Collar, give up 2racc for 3rattk

  3. #3
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,252
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    Theres also

    http://ffxi.somepage.com/itemdb/8715

    Qirn Collar, give up 2racc for 3rattk
    Acc/Atk loss no thank you. You should be melleeing in most situations after the last patch.

  4. #4
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    805
    BG Level
    5

    with the amount of +acc the rng accuracy bonus gives i wouldnt worry about -acc gear. you specialize in ranged attack, if you wanna stab/slice shit level something else =p

  5. #5

    Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    with the amount of +acc the rng accuracy bonus gives i wouldnt worry about -acc gear. you specialize in ranged attack, if you wanna stab/slice shit level something else =p
    Actually RNGs are back to using multi-hit weapons like K. Club or Ridill for TP gain since the last patch, so that's not really the case.

  6. #6
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,252
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    with the amount of +acc the rng accuracy bonus gives i wouldnt worry about -acc gear. you specialize in ranged attack, if you wanna stab/slice shit level something else =p
    Actually RNGs are back to using multi-hit weapons like K. Club or Ridill for TP gain since the last patch, so that's not really the case.
    Not so much that, the most recent patch let us mellee and only lose maybe 10 damage per shot. So A) Gain 60 damage a swing with axes or B) Gain 10 damage standing away?
    Edit: Kclub ftl

  7. #7
    Corwens a slot
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    4,131
    BG Level
    7

    Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    with the amount of +acc the rng accuracy bonus gives i wouldnt worry about -acc gear. you specialize in ranged attack, if you wanna stab/slice shit level something else =p
    Actually RNGs are back to using multi-hit weapons like K. Club or Ridill for TP gain since the last patch, so that's not really the case.
    Not so much that, the most recent patch let us mellee and only lose maybe 10 damage per shot. So A) Gain 60 damage a swing with axes or B) Gain 10 damage standing away?
    Edit: Kclub ftl
    He said cor... and every cor i've had in pt hasnt used melee for tp...

  8. #8

    Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    Quote Originally Posted by Falaras
    Quote Originally Posted by Alastaire
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiona
    with the amount of +acc the rng accuracy bonus gives i wouldnt worry about -acc gear. you specialize in ranged attack, if you wanna stab/slice shit level something else =p
    Actually RNGs are back to using multi-hit weapons like K. Club or Ridill for TP gain since the last patch, so that's not really the case.
    Not so much that, the most recent patch let us mellee and only lose maybe 10 damage per shot. So A) Gain 60 damage a swing with axes or B) Gain 10 damage standing away?
    Edit: Kclub ftl
    He said cor... and every cor i've had in pt hasnt used melee for tp...
    Oops, just skimmed fast, and missed that, my bad.

  9. #9
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    759
    BG Level
    5

    been camping qiqirn collar with a friend. at the spot for almost 8+ hrs... no pop.

    anyone know exactly where he spawns and/or his pop timings?

  10. #10
    Ho Mamthra
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    811
    BG Level
    5
    FFXIV Character
    Michaera Khitell
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

    With regard to the Qiqirn Collar:

    http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3628/untitledsd9.png
    I camped it a lot... I went like 1/6 or 1/7 or something on actually getting teh collar. :/ And it sucks. The area I marked in red was where there are two RNG qiqirns (Archaeologists I believe) and one THF qiqirn (mosstrooper?). Those two RNGs seemed to me to be the PHs, and if I killed them long enough, he'd pop in place of one of them. The area marked in blue is the area where he seemed to reset to, though, on the one or two kills where I wiped to him and had to call in backup.

    I thought his spawn time was 1-3 hours when I first started camping it. I popped him, killed him, got nothing.. Went back again, popped, killed, and then like 1.5 hours later went back and he popped again, so I assumed 1-3. But I had one day where I went something like 10 hours and I didn't see him, so I said screw it and left. I had helped kill him in the morning with someone else that had claim and couldn't pop him again all day. :/ Came back the next day and was able to pop him easily. So I don't know what more there is to it.. Just have to keep at it.

  11. #11
    Salvage Bans
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    759
    BG Level
    5

    thanks for the info =)

  12. #12

    Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    He said cor... and every cor i've had in pt hasnt used melee for tp...
    I know a few that use Joyeuse, stacking acc to gain tp before switching gear for their WS.

    Ganon

  13. #13
    E. Body
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    2,252
    BG Level
    7
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

    Quote Originally Posted by GanondorfLeviathan
    Quote Originally Posted by Minions
    He said cor... and every cor i've had in pt hasnt used melee for tp...
    I know a few that use Joyeuse, stacking acc to gain tp before switching gear for their WS.

    Ganon
    Yep I don't see why you wouldn't use Joyouse, lots of TP gain. But sorry I did miss cor at the begining.

  14. #14
    United States of Smash!
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    7,087
    BG Level
    8

    so to get this back on track, anyone know any info on sniper collar? we can debate its usefullness against other rng or cor neck pieces after we find out where to get it

    i have not heard anything about it comming from the ashu talif assault, maybe it is appraised from one of the new higher assaults. or drops from one of the new besieged NMs

  15. #15

    The Qiqirn neck is also like 1 mil on Diabolos, as well only 6-7 sales total. I might as well buy specticles in that case, but anyway, thank you Zoobernut. Back on topic, {yes please}. No one has heard of or seen this Sniper Collar around? ; ;

  16. #16

    bump o.o

  17. #17
    I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    16,121
    BG Level
    9

    Give this guy a try maybe.

    http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/3980

    No clue if he drops it or not, but he's one of those beseiged nm's who dropped nothing before the last update, maybe he drops something (like this item) now?

    Best I could think of. He's usually up when I'm mining in halvung and just thought of him when I saw this thread.

  18. #18

    I've camped Bluestreak more than anyone else I know. Seems to be pure lottery. Shortest repop 1 hour, longest 11 hours, yes 11 DAMN hours. I've only had 1 kill where nothing dropped. 3 Kills with both. 4 Just guns, and 2 Just Collar. (Yes 10 kills). When it 1st came out my rdm buddy and I (I'm a RNG btw) would camp it alone day after day. After people started seeing 1.8M 2M 1.5M sales in AH its became a popular NM. Since then its camped by alot of people and prices are hivering around 700k. My 1st kill was with a THF. Yes THF and RNG duo, we won by shere dumb luck since we had no idea how to fight it. Second time with THF we completely destroyed Bluestreak since we knew what to do.

    This NM is a JOKE. Yeah He's lvl 82 but its a RNG. (haha) He will always ranged attack the person who has hate. AND he will always move into a sweetspot to attack. Best results are obow+holy holts just because you HAVE to utsusemi at every recast time. Its a 5-10 min fight depending on links, but if u can pull him to the slime pond and just spam ratts it will fall with ease. Cleanest fight was finished in about 5 mins and he hit me 4-5 times. With minimal haste gear and haste spell utsusemi wont be a problem, just need to prioritize utsu > ratts. And of course EES for the kill. Yeah theres no proven EES TH but hell I've gotten so many drops from all across the game to stop now.

  19. #19
    The Once and Future Wamoura
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    18,370
    BG Level
    9
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron
    Give this guy a try maybe.

    http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/3980

    No clue if he drops it or not, but he's one of those beseiged nm's who dropped nothing before the last update, maybe he drops something (like this item) now?

    Best I could think of. He's usually up when I'm mining in halvung and just thought of him when I saw this thread.
    That NM... just... ugh...

  20. #20
    The Dazzler
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    1,490
    BG Level
    6

    Quote Originally Posted by Mertron
    Give this guy a try maybe.

    http://ffxi.somepage.com/mobdb/3980

    No clue if he drops it or not, but he's one of those beseiged nm's who dropped nothing before the last update, maybe he drops something (like this item) now?

    Best I could think of. He's usually up when I'm mining in halvung and just thought of him when I saw this thread.
    I've killed him 3 times total now, which isn't too conclusive by any means, but he dropped nothing twice and a Mercenary's Mantle the other time. Don't think it drops from him as most of the besieged NMs have drops with some sort of besieged: effect on them (maybe all? anyone got something without a besieged effect dropping off those?). As to other ideas where it could come from I have no idea.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

  • Decrease Size
    Increase Size
  • Remove Text Formatting
  • Insert Link Insert Image Insert Video
  • Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
  • Insert NSFW Tag
  • Insert Spoiler Tag

Similar Threads

  1. FFXI Model viewer (where is a link)
    By mako in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 2004-12-08, 20:05
  2. ONDORI!!! WHERE YOU BEEN!!
    By Dariusamede in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 2004-12-08, 10:32
  3. Steam Cleaner, oh Steam Cleaner, where art thou??
    By Althor in forum FFXI: Everything
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 2004-11-05, 13:38