+ Reply to Thread

Shielding and strong monsters

I noticed in my fights with Fafnir, Hell Wyrm, Behemoth King, and Yiazmat (he's around 60% lol) that I never shielded any attacks. So I took my ensanguined shield (90 eva) and a scale (25 eva) and equipped them, evasion capped out at 100. I went to face Yiazmat and took off 2 of his lifebars while equipped like this and never blocked a single attack. I then left his coliseum and let the inhabitants of the Ridorana Cataract try to beat on me for around 20 minutes during which they never landed a single hit the entire time.

So can we assume higher marks and other legendary creatures are "immune" to shield and parry? Should I give my poor tank a 2 handed weapon and hope she deals extra damage?

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Masamune + genji gloves ftw, its what I have on my tank lol.

Fighting Tyrlaster, i used Death Shield or Genji, dont remember, but with full shield augments i blocked probably 70% of his attacks which is really the only way to do it. 4k normal hits is nasty

Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    Fighting Tyrlaster, i used Death Shield or Genji, dont remember, but with full shield augments i blocked probably 70% of his attacks which is really the only way to do it. 4k normal hits is nasty
    I dont think Tyrlaster is on par with the OPs listed mobs. And yes, i would say for those fights go with 2 handed weapon for extra damage and counter/combos.