+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

"It appears to be an ordinary sword of legend!" lo

Just beat Gilgamesh version two, was a fun fight, lots of remedy spam. This guy was halarious, pretty cool to fight as well.

And LOL at the "Wooops, i forgot my OMG sword of legend"

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

His entrance to the first fight was pretty epic too.

Yeah these fights were fun and cool, and I think John DiMaggio was awesome for the voice. lol

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Haven't gotten that mark yet but I have a stupid question... does any special music play when you fight him? Namely his theme from FF5? Because that would be 100% pure awesome. >_>

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by Karinastar
    Haven't gotten that mark yet but I have a stupid question... does any special music play when you fight him? Namely his theme from FF5? Because that would be 100% pure awesome. >_>
    Yeah, it's a cooler remix of the original "Battle on the Big Bridge" music.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Karina Silverstar
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quote Originally Posted by Jeryhn
    Yeah, it's a cooler remix of the original "Battle on the Big Bridge" music.
    Oh god that rocks. Looking forward to this one. XD

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

I just beat him too at lvl 43. Was a crazy ass fight. Took me about 30 min with Phoenix/X-pot spam at the end. First time i got pretty raped cuz 2/3 chars where 42 and got hit with sleep/disable >< All my chars at 43 helped out alot though.Genji gear is kinda dissapointing though... only gloves really good. The body is decent for gkt too looks like. Everything else is pretty crappy. That end scene was pretty damned funny though lol. I got really lucky with Enkidu my second try. Killed him pretty quick for some reason.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I haven't done the fight yet but I'm really looking forward to it, the Battle on the Big Bridge remix is one of my favorites from the soundtrack. Question, did anyone steal the handful or replica swords that he's got on him?

You can just steal genji gear / potions from him i think

You can't steal his swords, you can steal body, head, shield, and gloves though.

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

http://bluelaguna.net/music/final-fanta ... k/mp3s.php

Number 313 is the new "Clash on the Big Bridge" Theme for anyone who wants to download it or any other track from the soundtrack. Such an awesome song. Just beat Gilgamesh V.1 and V.2. Level 67 Vaan and Fran and level 53 Balthier. Was such an intense battle. ^^

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Yeah, best battle ever. I beat him at 46 or so, probably the most intense epic fight ever. My volume was almost max for the music, too XD

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt
    Yeah, best battle ever. I beat him at 46 or so, probably the most intense epic fight ever. My volume was almost max for the music, too XD

Jeez, i feel silly now, i beat his second form at lvl 65 >.>

Wish i knew i could have taken him earlier >.<

thank you thank you thank you

yea fun fight just make sure you fight him when your level is a prime number so you dont have to remedy spam

ralph pls go
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Fayttt
    I think he might be referring to the first battle on the bridge. The second battle is much too hard to do in the 40s. My characters were almost 70 (except for Balthier at like 53) and I went through about 60 Phoenix downs. I'm still amazed I beat it lol.

This is where he posts his epic "How to kill Gil at level 46" strat and shits all over us. lol

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Just beat 2nd form Gilgamesh with my chars at 51/50, insane fight. At the start I had berserked Balthier with Fomalhaut and Vann with bubble/decoy/deathbringer tanking both gilg and enkidu, once the dog was down it went pretty well till he hit about half health.

He turned around when decoy was down and one-shotted balthier and then 3-hit comboed Fran who was my healer. Switched in basch, who was set up almost exactly the same as Vann, and Penelo as the new main healer and Dual-tanked him the rest of the way down.

Around the final 1/4 hp things got a bit dicey with monarch sword spamming but I was able to keep him undercontrol long enough to get two Mist charges off for the kill.(First: 6 hit combo no chain ; ;, Second: 9 hit combo Arc Blast ^^ )

At first I thought I actually thought I was supposed to take that sword with me and was switching between characters trying to pick it up lol. But I finally decided just to zone and then got the CS.

Ps. Masamune + ashe + genji gloves is insane

A. Body
    BG Level

i beat it at 53 after getting my tournesol.... which kinda makes the fight a little too easy XD (ie: vaan with tournesol + genji gloves did a 8 hit combo and took it down from 2nd sword change to 3rd sword change in that one attack, had to change gambit so he doesn't kill it before i steal genji shit)

i still have the save file before it, gonna do it again sometimes not equipping tournesol

Oh by far these two fights were the most fun i have had so far (currently SUPPOSED to be heading to Giruvegan... but there is too much to do!~)

I was about 43-45 for the first form, and 47-50 for the second. Simply getting to his second form was a fun test of my Fleeing skills, at time seeing my very intelligently flee right into a dead end with some VERY angry mobs on my tail.

The fight itself was a lot of fun, Ashe Decoy/Reverse tanked and Penelo and Balthier supported, with a bit of DMG tossed in when they weren't casting. Of course Decoy dropping at the wrong time, followed by a caster dropping shortly after happened more than a few times.

His "special" attacks near the end messed up my rhythm a few times as well, but it was a fun 40-50 minute fight, and the "end" is hilarious, as is the beginning of the 1st form.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast