+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Treasure Glitch?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Treasure Glitch?

So far this has happened twice. Once with a treasure pot in the Feywood which gave me an Ensanguined Shield and once now in the Great Crystal giving me an Excalibur. As I approach the treasure I get the "!" but not the "Treasure!" thing. I have to walk around the pot to get the "Treasure" message but it only flashes up for a moment and I can't hit it in time. So I hit X button while all I have is the exclamation point and I get a shitty item, but the treasure pot doesn't disappear, and I check it again to reveal something nice. In feywood I went X-pot>Ensanguined shield and just now I went Knot of Rust>Excalibur on one chest without it disappearing, has anyone else run into this or are these chests supposed to randomly give me 2 items? (doubtful lol)

When I came to this Excal chest I was in battle but didn't open it, when the fight ended I approached the chest (crystal) while my weapon was still drawn, "Treasure" popped but then before I could hit it Ashe put away her weapon, an animation during which you can't pop the treasure, and then this happened. So maybe that is a way to exploit chests?

That happened to me first time i got excali (died and had to get it a 2nd time )

i was fighting the horse thing, went to check the treasure and got a hi pot, but it didn't disappear, then i checked it again and got the excali. When i got the ensanguined shield though it didn't happen.

Exactly the same thing happened when I got the ensanguined shield in Feywood.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Your character might be trying to attack something, or perhaps you are fleeing?

Thats the way its designed actually. I never got this items cause I played w/o guide, but I read that every1 has this.

Same happened when I got my excalibur last night.