View Poll Results: What you think of XII?

Voters
161. You may not vote on this poll
  • Best Final Fantasy ever made

82 50.93%
  • Great but 7 was better

43 26.71%
  • Worst FF ever

6 3.73%
  • 6 was better because kefka hates you

13 8.07%
  • 4 was better because kain rox

5 3.11%
  • 5 had jorbs!

0 0%
  • XI is the best can I add you to my friends list

4 2.48%
  • 1-2-3 old skewl

0 0%
  • 8... emosqual ftw

5 3.11%
  • 9 was yay

3 1.86%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What you think of XII     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

What you think of XII

So what you all think about XII compare to others FF and in which order would u put em?

FFVII
    FFXII
    FFXI
    FFIX
    FFX

To make XII the best ever i think it dosent need much.. better Espers system, armor change like FFXI and maybe a different licence board for eaach character so they kinda locked into a class so not everyone end up being able to cast flare at the end of the game.

I'd put XII ahead of VII any day. I really don't see what was so great about VII. Yes it was a good game with a decent story but definitely not the best ever imo.

Should compare it to IV if your gonna compare it to anything.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

12 is fucking stupid imo, with the right gambits the game requires 0 effort.

preachy and pretentious
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    You would be quite stupid if you believe you can cruise control/bot the game. Quite stupid. Oh and your opinion is also stupid. Last I checked I spent about 15 minutes fighting a boss, adapting with it, gambits an all.
    Not the greatest, but better than 5 up to 10-2 maybe eleven as well. Better than three down to one.

12 is by far my favorite since 6. Jury's still out on whether I like it more than 6, but I like it a lot more than 7.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Yeah this is my favorite since 6 as well. The gambit system just takes away some of the redundancy of the game. It is just making a game out of choosing AI. FF12 has a shitload of similarities to KotoR and Baldur's Gate in how the battle system works being fake real time and all. Those two games you just choose what kind of AI you want though, don't have to actually program the AI yourself and act like its a game within a game.

I find the battle system to be reminiscent of Neverwinter Nights myself.

And honestly, if you don't like Gambits doing everything for you don't use Gambits.

Old Merits
    BG Level

Well seeing as KotoR runs on the Neverwinter Nights battle system and NWN was really similar battle system wise to Baldur's Gate I can see what you are saying. Anyway all of those games were made by Bioware. It seems SE has been playing Bioware made RPGs lately thats for sure.

I think the gambits/mobs on the screen are perfect for farming and other mindless things this game has you do. I'd go insane if I had to watch the screen change to a battle scene everytime I want to farm.

Like Eternus said, just takes away alot of the redundancy in the game.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by ValoursLOLDRG
    I think the gambits/mobs on the screen are perfect for farming and other mindless things this game has you do. I'd go insane if I had to watch the screen change to a battle scene everytime I want to farm.

Like Eternus said, just takes away alot of the redundancy in the game.
    my sentiments as well.

best final fantasy so far, well except for tactics

I really got to hate random battles in FFX when I was hunting all the monsters down for the arena half asleep. Get into a stupid random battle with the screen exploding glass deal just started to make me angry.

Gambits only do everything for you if you want them to, I think this system of speed fighting is great and makes for some exciting fights. No fight in past FFs can match this game's epics. Fafnir, Gilgamesh V2, Behemoth King, HellWyrm, Yiazmat, and the high esper fights are hard to match in terms of excitement. I always felt that the old "Active time" system never forced you to act, it only forced you to wait. The system in this game with the huge speed of battle forces you to act and act fast.

Nobody will vote worst ff game ever made because lets be honest: Nothing can EVER compete with 8 for that title.

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

Re: What you think of XII

Quote Originally Posted by Exporta
    So what you all think about XII compare to others FF and in which order would u put em?

FFVII
    FFXII
    FFXI
    FFIX
    FFX

To make XII the best ever i think it dosent need much.. better Espers system, armor change like FFXI and maybe a character a different licence board or each character so they kinda locked into a class so not everyone end up being able to cast flare at the end of the game.
    I want to know why you say "other FFs" but dont include the good ones like 4/5/6
    this is the best of the 3d FF games there have been, but after playing it I do believe 6 is still better and 4 is very close, but this one makes me very happy compared to the last few (XI doesnt count really, because at one point we all loved XI immensely, it was made to be annoying by SE, not us)

Old Merits
    BG Level

That's a pretty shitty poll, btw. Get off FF7's dick.

I think 12 is the best main series FF (excluding XI) since 6. 9 is probably the closest contender from the latter half of the series. Tactics is in a league of its own, both for it being a totally different game, and it's superior quality. The dev team that FFT and 12 share (with Vagrant Story) is great.

Quote Originally Posted by divisortheory
    Nobody will vote worst ff game ever made because lets be honest: Nothing can EVER compete with 8 for that title.
    QFT

Fuck all you motherfuckin 8 haters.
    Take a shit on 9 instead, it had no plot.

That is all.

>The Implying
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Jeryhn Astracrown
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    Fuck all you motherfuckin 8 haters.
    Take a shit on 9 instead, it had no plot.

That is all.
    Fuck you sir. 9 was awesome.

The only thing 8 had going for it was the music score and the lack of popeye arms, imo.

9 was throwbacks and a 40 hour chase sequence. It had a great soundtrack(as usual) and a chocobo digging game (which was addictive).

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

Quote Originally Posted by Demosthenes
    Quote Originally Posted by Slott
    You would be quite stupid if you believe you can cruise control/bot the game. Quite stupid. Oh and your opinion is also stupid. Last I checked I spent about 15 minutes fighting a boss, adapting with it, gambits an all.
    Not the greatest, but better than 5 up to 10-2 maybe eleven as well. Better than three down to one.
    I have cruised through, boss fights dont take more than 2-5 minutes. The last semi hard thing I fought was gilgamesh 2, leaving normal fights to be ridiculously easy, along with the other hunts I've done. Even gilgamesh was a pansy using bubble and decoy. Spam cura, curaja and raise, use curaga gambits with healer, woopdy doo. Woulda been a fuckton easier if i didnt have to spend 90% of the fight trying to steal armor.

Most of the problem lies with the spell bubble / bubble belt, without that it would be much more difficult. Melee also should not be able to gain so much mana per hit, gaining like 10-30 per hit? hi curaja every 2 hits.
    Not to mention uber shield block.

Maybe your gambits just blow if you need to adapt them that much.

Oh right, i will cast esuna or esunaga, thats about it.

This game is easy, nice cut scenes, but easy.

Was fighting that gramsythe esper yesterday, that mob would have been a challange if whenever it one shotted one of my chars it didnt give them back 650 mana. raise dead character, and gee they can spam heals til he one shots someone else ;/

Liscense board should have differed somewhat per character, but allowing your melee to cast uber spells, even though not as strong as they could be, are too strong regardless. And they def shouldnt gain mana back so fucking fast, it's ridiculous. If a mob drains their mana from 650-> 0, just cast berserk on the mob, go farm for 2 mins and the char is full mana again.

But I agree, gambit system makes the game much less work, but how many of you don't just plow through the game with 2 berserked chars decimating everything while you curaga anyone less than 70%.

Oh right, and since you want to be an awesome e-thug, maybe you're the fucking stupid one if you cant figure out how to beat shit faster.

but how many of you don't just plow through the game with 2 berserked chars decimating everything while you curaga anyone less than 70%.
    /

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast