Farm GIL

Based on levels.
    For instance
    16-18
    LP-Lhusu
    EXP-Lhusu
    GIL-Lhusu

Or whatever.

Maybe we could get a sticky on this one?

Ranger
    9900klub

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sonomaa Kihten
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Durotan
    Blog Entries

oi, guide was too huge to post, but here is the link

copy and paste
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... owerup.txt

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

That doesn't really help.. at all. I'm looking for a punctual list, and it'd be easier to compile from experience than to dredge through all that nonsense and pick out a few spots.

GIL 12-14 Enter Lhusu Mines, in the 3rd area take the path veering off to the north, chain skeletons there for 20-30 minutes and get Bone Fragments. You can steal them as well as have them drop, I recommend setting one person's Gambit to do nothing but Steal from party leader's target. 30 minutes of this got me 30 bone fragments, which netted me about 7k.

GIL 15-17 The big desert with the Urutan-Yensa mobs. There's some red Mandragoras, same as before but they have Succulent Fruits. These NPC for 300g each, it's a little harder to chain them though because the Urutan Yensa get in the way and aggro you.

Personally... the guide that Sonomaa tried to link to is by far the most efficient one that i have seen... if you take a look at it.

Lhusu Mines ~ Shunia Twinspan (LP/XP/GIL until about level 14ish)
    After XP starts to thin out, the chains from Skeles are still great for LP and GIL.

Dreadnought Leviathan ~ Everywhere LP/XP
    Not the best for GIL really, but i made sure to set off every alarm and killed every Imperial in the entire place... a few times.

Giza Plains ~ Starfall Field LP/XP
    Killed the Werewolves here for sometime, until i was in my early 20s

Did a lot of the story at this point, walking everywhere killing everything, and never really had much of a GIL issue. At one point, i DID need more for equips, and simply went back and cleaned out Lhusu Skeles for a decent amount of time.

Story, walking everywhere, etc. basically kept me up to speed on XP, LP, and GIL for a while.

Currently I farm all three on the "secret" map where the Roblon Mark is, and have all the Grims, the Canopic Jar, and all 6 PT members at an average level of 60.

Ridill
    BG Level

exp&gil
    lv35+?

Henee Mines, Pithead Junction 2.
    touch the gate device and it pops like 10-15 slimes.
    a 1char pt gets 1100exp a kill.
    then when you kill them all, zone twice (just flee to keep chain).
    39defense is enough to make them hit for 0dmg then just use reflect for poison and water.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

Quote Originally Posted by Sonomaa
    oi, guide was too huge to post, but here is the link

copy and paste
    http://db.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/file ... owerup.txt
    hehe, i restarted because of that guide as well

Does this work after you complete the King Tomb zone, respawn the zombies while not equipping the dawn shard near the entrance?

I know they constantly pop, but I haven't gone back since finishing that part of the story

Couerl pelts would be awesome farming, but the jungle near the Viera's (Erutya? village) is hard to consistently chain well enough...

Double zoning respawns mobs? This is news to me

as I recall those zombies give 1 exp and no lp

Just kill absolutely everything you come across anywhere at any time and you'll never be low on LP. Keep Golden Amulets on your reserve characters and the exp doubling trinket whose name I can't remember on all your active party members and exp and LP kinda take care of themselves.

Personally, I always keep 200 LP on everyone at any given time in case I suddenly need some liscense for X situation; either I find/buy armor I would like to equip right away instead of farming LP for or if I suddenly need to use a spell with a certain character that I don't have the liscense for yet.

Lvl 50+

Deadlands, hidden area that leads up mountain to shrine. 35 undead spawn here. Takes 10 min to clear this are with 2 zerked characters, and can repopulate the zone in around 30 seconds because of the closeness of other zones.

Each mob gives 1500 xp, thats 3k with xp item.

So thats 100k xp a run, per 10 min(5-15 min depending on your lvl). So thats 500k-1mil xp per hour.

And oh ya, make about 300-400k an hour as well.

Best LP-xp-money farming spot ive ever found.

Another note, i don't really think i have spent a crazy amount of time farming LP, but at roughly level 60 with all PT members... i have the top of the License Grid completely filled out for just about all of them.

They all have 3 Quickenings, a few have Espers (I only have 5 so far) and all of them pretty much have the license for the Endgame Weaps, some of which i have, some i do not.

Most of the gaps in my grid atm are for weaps i have yet to really use (Poles, Throwing Bombs, Axes, etc.) and older gear that they really don't need a license for anymore.

I imagine, just because i have to... they will all have a completed Grid at somepoint.

CoP Dynamis
    BG Level

Atm I'm lv 60, is there a place to just burn for exp to get as close to 99 as possible quite quickly?

Atm I'm lv 60, is there a place to just burn for exp to get as close to 99 as possible quite quickly?

Lvl 50+

Deadlands, hidden area that leads up mountain to shrine. 35 undead spawn here. Takes 10 min to clear this are with 2 zerked characters, and can repopulate the zone in around 30 seconds because of the closeness of other zones.

So thats 100k xp a run, per 10 min(5-15 min depending on your lvl). So thats 500k-1mil xp per hour.

Not that I have found really, still tend to hit up the Roblon area in Deadlands if i need XP (which i don't really anymore.) You would just be killing pretty fast there, and have to zone 2 away (which isn't far at all) and repeat that for a solid few hours.

If you have 10 Espers, and can get to the Eastern section of Henne Mines, there is a nice spot there, but that is probably a better idea at around level 70. At 70, with Bubble + a few key spells, you can make millions of XP an hour if that is your thing =P

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Yeah, that area in Henne mines should be faster if you're high enough and have the espers. Details are in the guide Sonomaa mentioned up at the top.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I haven't bothered to test, but I think the Nabreus Deadlands hill o' zombies is actually a better exp rate than Henne Mines. Roughly 3k a kill with Tippet instead of over 4k, but the mobs are packed in very densely, there is much less risk of having several deaths to slow you down, and it only takes a minute to double-zone and reset them all.

Well the thing about the Henne Mines XP around 70ish, those mobs drop about 3,000 XP a kill. And the method you are usinig is essentially going to be to Cure Bomb several at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthellinus
    - Abysteels are undead and therefore can be damaged by healing spells.
    - Abysteels are weak to Disable (credit leeboo1211) AND Sleep (credit Garbo).
    - At Lv 65, Abysteels give out 3000+ Exp each. That's when you have three
    party members. That's without factoring in Embroidered Tippet.
    Soooo... with a PT of 3 (with Tippet) that is about 120,000 a session, and with the mobs dropping exactly like those Slimes did in the earlier part of Henne Mines 1 after the other, no running around like crazy, i imagine that it has to be better.

More dangerous? Surely. But either way it sounds fun =P

makojr

http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=13389

i made a simular topic couple weeks back

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

Lvl 50+

Lol, i'm probably just dense, but where the hell are the deadlands? Is that the place that is like a secondary entrance to Nabudis? i seriously dont remember a zone named deadlands (and it probably is an optional zone, i dunno..) but where exactly are the deadlands ?

Edit: Nevermind, Nabreus Deadlands I guess >_>