+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Missables?     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Missables?

Does anyone know of a list of events or items that you only have one chance to get? Some quick searching didn't give me any results for such a list. If a list doesn't really exist yet, perhaps a list could be compiled?

I'm actually not all that far in the game, and I'm fairly sure I haven't done anything to screw up yet, but I'd be willing to bet that without some guidance I'd forget to steal/poach from some one-time-only NM or something like that. So far, I only know of the zodiac spear thing (though technically you could get 99 of them..) and the genji gears.

You can miss the best side-reward from the quest that gets you the key to Barheim Passage if you sell the serpentskin thingy fron Nidhogg, but honestly the reward even with it isn't all that great.

side reward?

Some item, I don't even remember offhand what it was. It depends on how many things you give to what's-his-face's wife to treat the patient (the bandit boss who gives you the Barheim key). I consider the main reward to be the Barheim key >_>

Deathbringer + Zalera > whatever other crap she gives you

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Keep Great serpentskin, I think it's the only loot you can't sell

You should check how to get Zodiac spear. There is other way to get it, it's just that they are a pain.

Beside that, I think there is a few hidden cutscene/event, but I dont know anyy of them

yeah I'm pretty sure there are a couple little extra lines of dialogue with basch in your party for certain fights, but I dunno about much else

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

So Zodiac Spear (even though you can still get it if you screw up), and the extra rewards from the quest series Dantro's Wife gives you are the only two things that you can screw up?

Everything else in the game you can get later in the game if you forgot to get it earlier? There will never be a case where, down the road, after killing something or completing a dungeon you find out that you could have stolen something, or missed a chest, etc. and you can't go back or obtain that item any other way?

Well, Genji equip is missable isn't it?

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

can someone confirm this:
    Neosutra wrote:
    Falconblade wrote:
    What do you mean you cant get the key? Just do a few mini quests for Dantro's Wife to heal the guy, and he gives you the key. Dont need anything special, even though the Serpentskin, apparently, quickens the process. I think I completed it right before Archades, if thats any help.

Wait wait wait, you dont need the serpant skin to complete the quest???

No it will skip asking for the skin if you sold it
    http://www.bluegartr.com/forum/viewt...entskin#362573

i sold my serpentskin as soon as i got it along time ago, and didnt think it was worth starting over for =(

i have yet to go back to the lady.. im at archades atm.. but i think i'll back track and try to complete this side quest.. there is also a hunt in baraheim passage that i think i might need this key to access (some bat?)

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

yea the skin just lets you get it earlier, you can still get it without the skin.

The skin part of that quest is pretty much entirely optional. She'll take it if you have it otherwise she'll act like she never needs it.

E. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Just wanted to re-confirm that you don't need the Great Serpantskin from the Nidhogg hunt to get the key. I sold mine right after I did the hunt...then later when it came time to do the Key quest she didn't even ask for the serpantskin.

Asada Shino
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tokimi Kurahashi
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Diabolos
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

yup, same here though i was stuck on that item up in the northern shores where you have to knock down a boulder etc etc for. but yea, nothing to do with serpentskin, nothing was ever mentioned to me in the dialogue about it.

w/ serpentskin you can get an 'extra' reward but it's nothing great, and you can get the same item later (i can't even remember what it is now).

The only completely missbale things seems to be Genji items, and Zodiac Spear... which I missed both cause no bradyguide.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ifrit
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

Quote Originally Posted by Kainen
    w/ serpentskin you can get an 'extra' reward but it's nothing great, and you can get the same item later (i can't even remember what it is now).

The only completely missbale things seems to be Genji items, and Zodiac Spear... which I missed both cause no bradyguide.

I'm more worried about missing event and cutscene than item. Can't find any info about them

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Found this, possibly a permanently missable event but not sure.

After KRT and the airship battle:
    ================================================== =============================
    ------------------------| Royal City Of Rabanastre |------------------------------------------------------- sep016

You will be back here after some scenes. Go out to have some little discussion.
    Now you can buy some more advance stuffs from the shops. Make sure buy Esuna
    magic if you got enough gil, also learn it as soon as the LP enough.

Start from now, you can trigger a sub-event in Nalbina. You would miss this
    when you reach to Mosphoran Highwaste later, and the reward of finishing this
    event is Salamander, it's a rare treasure which use to be trade for Arcutus
    weapon. Make sure you don't miss this event if you want the treasure.

To start this, go to Nalbina and find the guards who block the way to North,
    where leads to Mosphoran Highwaste. You can see July is sitting in front of
    them, talk to her, then close to the guards for a scene. Then hire a chocobo
    and drive the guard, he will run away. Afterwards, July thank you with the
    reward, but she wants you to find her over Archades to get it. Later when the
    walkthrough reaches to Archades, I will explain it, or you can just check the
    details of this event in 'July The Female Spy' under "Sub-Event" section.

Back to storyline, go South to Giza Plains.
    From

You can't completely miss the Zodiac Spear. If you open the wrong chests early in the game, you won't be able to get it easily from the Necrohol, but there's another chest somewhere that has a 1/1000 chance of giving it.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

thanks guys.. finished the key quest just fine...

i dont mind missing things the first time around.. that just means i get to play the game again :D

i usually do that with most games.. try to finish it on my own as much as i can... then use a guide or something to get 100% completion for the things that i did miss

That was my intention too (to play once through w/o guide, then read guide and play again to get things i missed)... but seeing as the only things I missed were gay treasures w/ random drops, and a spear which happens to be the best weapon in the game but you only get as a reward if you DON'T play the game well... I'm boycotting a replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainen
    That was my intention too (to play once through w/o guide, then read guide and play again to get things i missed)... but seeing as the only things I missed were gay treasures w/ random drops, and a spear which happens to be the best weapon in the game but you only get as a reward if you DON'T play the game well... I'm boycotting a replay.
    Repost x700: You can still get the spear