+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Puppetmaster
    BG Level

mashed potatoes made into a bowl with peas inside topped with gravy..maybe throw some turkey in there too

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Dustybrown
    Quote Originally Posted by Popeh
    How could I forget the all time favourite food with any roast or gravy based meal:

For Nikkei ;p

Yorkshire Pudding!!!

mmm!

Slightly overcooked for a tinged slightly burnt edge.
    no no no!! Yorkshire Pudding can ONLY be served when they're *just* cooked, so it's still a little gooey in the middle. Man, soft yorkshire puddings are so good. I'm hungry now ; ;
    no no no!!!
    It's soft cos it's soggy in gravy! lolz

I'll eat of any of them tbh - freshly cooked are always best obviously but god knows how you make them ;p I always watched TV when my mother made them ;p
    I have frozen ones often though - still nice tbh which was a surprise - only takes 5 mins in the oven without the mess

Lbelle - I need you in my LS! lolz.

I live in Yorkshire - so it's only natural i'm obsessed by then ;p

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Turkey w/stuffing(grandma makes from scratch, mmmm), Cranberry sauce, Mashed taters, rolls, pumpkin pie, cherry cheesecake (mom makes from scratch)

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

How could I forget the all time favourite food with any roast or gravy based meal:

For Nikkei ;p

Yorkshire Pudding!!!

mmm!

Slightly overcooked for a tinged slightly burnt edge.
    no no no!! Yorkshire Pudding can ONLY be served when they're *just* cooked, so it's still a little gooey in the middle. Man, soft yorkshire puddings are so good. I'm hungry now ; ;
    no no no!!!
    It's soft cos it's soggy in gravy! lolz

I'll eat of any of them tbh - freshly cooked are always best obviously but god knows how you make them ;p I always watched TV when my mother made them ;p
    I have frozen ones often though - still nice tbh which was a surprise - only takes 5 mins in the oven without the mess

Lbelle - I need you in my LS! lolz.

I live in Yorkshire - so it's only natural i'm obsessed by then ;p
    My ma is just awful at cooking, so when I'm at home we have the frozen ones pretty often. I think it's something like Aunt Bessies? When my dad does them though they come out so fluffy and lovely, he makes them himself. Gravy I'm not a big fan of XD I prefer it when you bite into one and it streeeeeeeeeeeeeetches cos it's still gooey. Mmm. My ma likes them almost burnt though.

Mmm Yorkshire Pud's. Must be a Northern thing :D

EDIT: http://www.trytonfoods.co.uk/images/...nx6batters.jpg

They look so good I can almost smell them!

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

That's them lol! (I get the mini ones!)

I think I just woke the house up laughing. I feel a sigh of personal relief that I can finally associate with someone who understands rather than assuming it's something you pour syrup onto! (tearshang!).

1:58am - wonder if anywhere is open hmm. /drool

BG is my LJ
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Lovely Nirokun
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

my dad is filipino, and my mom is southern american

so we have some damn good food >.>

but the one thing personally that i love the most is~

hot giblet/neck gravy on feintly warm rice, allowed to cool and get chewy <3

dessert hm~ pecan pie with whipped cream is probably my favorite <3

and a nice second best!~ my mom makes one of the sweet potatoe casserole bake things~:

canned sweet potatoes with a streusel (and pecan >.> see a pattern? :D) topping, so fucking good just to have that for breakfast the next day <3

my mom makes a fresh cranberry sauce (just cranberries/water/sugar in a saucepan cooked til the cranberries all bust open and the liquid is a jam~y consistency) i can eat that on ice cream its just so good <3

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

That's them lol! (I get the mini ones!)

I think I just woke the house up laughing. I feel a sigh of personal relief that I can finally associate with someone who understands rather than assuming it's something you pour syrup onto! (tearshang!).

1:58am - wonder if anywhere is open hmm. /drool
    Hahaha, bring your mom round to mine for Xmas dinner ok?^^ I would love to have some good, wholesome, non-dry turkey for a change. My mom ruins turkey at xmas. :O

I just went to sainsbury's .co.uk and ordered me some Puds for delivery on the weekend! There's a 24hr place round here but it's nothing worth noting. Our 24hr Tesco got closed down. It's times like this, I miss Manchester ; ;

Oh edit: Do you have the same problem explaining to people what a biscuit is? Cos a biscuit in America looks like a scone. And I wouldn't call a digestive a cookie XD

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Popeh Stein
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I miss Manchester ; ;

Oh edit: Do you have the same problem explaining to people what a biscuit is? Cos a biscuit in America looks like a scone. And I wouldn't call a digestive a cookie XD
    Yea Manchester have everything lol - i'm there today too for work.

Don't even get me started on explaining biscuit/chips/crisps/sweets etc. Everything means something different oversea's and in a major /derail move - The English language and it' meanings we're butchered!! lol

Niro:
    "hot giblet/neck gravy on feintly warm rice, allowed to cool and get chewy <3 "

You just put me off my breakfast - eww!!

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

My grandma is from Leeds, England and when she comes over she says, "I brought you all biscuits!" and we're like "what...the fuck..." and then get it when she pulls cookies out of her suitcase. It's so funny.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

fried rice with egg/green onion/sweet onion with chinese hot pot

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Turkey that's prepared to taste like pernil ftw.

Hydra
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I love eating with my mom on Thanksgiving, I always hate this time of year because of it!

I can't pick one favorite because they all taste best together!! Turkey, (home made) mashed potatoes (& home made gravy), home made macaroni & cheese, cranberry sauce (I love canned so much more than chunky), biscuits, pie (bluberry, cherry, apple & pumpkin) and she also makes a lot of other things, but those are the ones I look forward to most!! Waaah ; ;

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

These are must haves in my book. Please take into effect that I'm from New England so it might differ a little idk.

Turkey-lol
    Stuffing- needs to have giblets inside!
    Mashed Potatos w/ gravy
    Yams
    some form of beans-baked preferably
    bread- cornbread is nice
    Cranbery sauce(need both kinds jelly and mashed cranberrys)
    Apple crisp
    Pumpkin Pie.

anything else is just gravy (pun intended!)

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

My aunt lives in Manchester and whenever we go she makes us Yorkshire Pudding too.

She makes a mean rice pudding to, mmmmmmmmmm soooooooooooo gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood.[/url]

Shepard's pie .... until god invented turkey fryers greatest thing to happen to a man on thanksgiving. 12 pack of beer in your garage with propane and one kick ass turkey after its done

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Mom makes this amazing desert called Banana Split Cake. Lots of pudding, whipped cream, Oreos, graham crackers, chocolate syrup, and bananas of course. Pecan, cherry, and pumpkin pie are also good.

But when not talking dessert...stuffing. Not just bread stuffing, but the good kind with potatoes and water chestnuts and carrots and mushrooms, and bread chunks and other things in it (and dear god I'm hungry now). Sweet corn, mashed potatoes and gravy, yams with the marshmallows on it, and umm...well, I'm sold already, so yea...

Puppetmaster
    BG Level

oh i thought of this yesterday and wanted to share with you all: FRIED TURKEY! it's amazing. i tried some for the first time last year and it was delicious. basically it's deep fried in a portable and affordable setup you can get at wal-mart for like 30 bucks. the meat was extremely moist and i think i felt an artery clog after swallowing it =)

For whatever reason my family always makes crème brûlée, it is so fuckin' good..

For other desert.. nothing beats a cream cheese apple pie, except maybe a pumpkin pie.. god hate this holiday, never know what to eat

Actual meal stuff, baked sweet potatoes with pineapple, brown sugar, marshmallows, and walnuts.. and good stuffing from scratch ;X

Sea Torques
    BG Level

I manage to eat atleast 2 cans of cranberry sauce, each thanksgiving. Its just soo good.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

Any and everything that my grandma cooks. If you can cook that for your guests, everyone will leave happy.