+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Brady Guide:Errata     submit to reddit submit to twitter

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Brady Guide:Errata

Post anything you find to be wrong or misleading in the guide, even better if you add what the correction is!

sorry to be ambiguous, but i started this thread because it seems that i've read things here and there about how the brady guide is wrong or misleading. (see:mist charges/quickenings/espers)

edit: i'm not very far in the game at the moment and just got the guide, was reading here and saw some discouraging things.. soo that's what prompted this.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I don't care about the brady guide, what about the FFXII Ultimania JP guides?

I'm sure some of you must have seen them/bought them. Just wondering if they'd be worth the $20 at my local Kinokuniya. I can read Japanese, I've just never cracked one of this series of guides before.

This one actually came out pretty good. My only complaint is that they didn't include pop conditions for the 50 rare game not in Hunt Club side quest. One of the side notes implies that they were supposed to though.

Drunken Red Mage
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Auspice Lasserott
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

I find it funny how in random spots of the strat guide it'll say "see page (???)" instead of actually listing a number. -_-

Quote Originally Posted by Kurohyou
    This one actually came out pretty good. My only complaint is that they didn't include pop conditions for the 50 rare game not in Hunt Club side quest. One of the side notes implies that they were supposed to though.
    Truthiness in that thar post.

Honestly, Brady is very hit and miss with their guides (I should really start paying attention to authors.) The DQ8 and FFXII ones were friggin great. FFXI and FFIX on the other hand...lmfao

FFIX Guide:
    Check the website for more information!

I'm not using this guide for my first playthrough but I took a look at the bestiary and had no idea how it was organized, made me angry that it wasn't alphabetical. I bought it for the so-called artbook which was a gigantic ripoff.

I remember the FF7 guide being rock solid but I can't remember the author. One author who was always good was Dan Birlew, he did some resident evil and onimusha guides and some others, and I do think he did a final fantasy along the way, 10 iirc, which was a very good guide with tons of well organized side information for the bestiary(my favorite part) and the calm lands arena.

I still think their FF8 guide was the best of their FF ones so far. A bestiary with so much info they can only fit 3 monsters on a page is pretty badass.

Quote Originally Posted by DeadLegend
    FFIX Guide:
    Check the website for more information!
    As far as I know, the section on PlayOnline that had all that info is gone now too, rendering that guide pretty much completely worthless now.

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

I remember the FF7 guide being rock solid but I can't remember the author. One author who was always good was Dan Birlew, he did some resident evil and onimusha guides and some others, and I do think he did a final fantasy along the way, 10 iirc, which was a very good guide with tons of well organized side information for the bestiary(my favorite part) and the calm lands arena.
    You liked the FF7 guide? I have a lot of hate towards that book. Early releases had the Final Attack materia listed under "Rewards for chocobo races". I can't tell you how many hours I wasted of my life trying to get it. It wasnt until I gave up and went to the battle arena, that I got the damn thing.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i still remember "Ramuh Materia" listed as "Ranch Materia"

but overall it was a very good guide imo

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by safer
    i still remember "Ramuh Materia" listed as "Ranch Materia"

but overall it was a very good guide imo
    Yeah the walkthrough was great, but I'm still mad about Final attack. That wasted 7 hours of my life. I will curse that book to my grave.

the beastiary in this guide is organized exactly like the one in the clan primer: they're listed in order by their primary location in the game. So if you have something like your basic wolf, which is found in esterland and westerland, you'll have two listings under the one wolf heading. Quite aggravating yes, but if you've already fought them, look under the clan primer beastiary first.

Is that what all these gamefaq author's aspire to be? Not being a smart ass I was seriously wondering who could sit and make a detailed bradylike guide for free. Some of the authors on gamefaq's are heads and tails above the brady guides

Relic Shield
    BG Level

I may be wrong, but I don't see the Zertinan Caverns map in the guide. Only its mention in the optional esper.

Bagel
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Quote Originally Posted by Imadude
    You liked the FF7 guide? I have a lot of hate towards that book. Early releases had the Final Attack materia listed under "Rewards for chocobo races". I can't tell you how many hours I wasted of my life trying to get it. It wasnt until I gave up and went to the battle arena, that I got the damn thing.
    I just want to say that I am glad I am not the only person who spent upwards of 20 hours doing choco races, only to buy the independent FF7 guide (which I can't find anymore) and see that it was a battle square reward.

I got the materia in 5 minutes of figuring out what I really needed to do.

The independent FF7 guide was really solid.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

the only 2 complaints i have about the guide is that they didn't list NM pop locations/conditions (via a dot/map like the hunts... hell could have circled areas like somepage does for ffxi) and the fact that they don't have a seperate section for all the maps... cause during the walkthrough the maps are mainly partials... just what you will pass through while doing the story.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

The mini map that lists Ultima's spawn point says "Zertinan Caverns" The mini map that lists Deathgaze's spawn point says "Necrohol of Nabudis" The mini map for Diabolos' spawn point says "Airship"

Guide was pretty solid for XII, they really put effort into this one, instead of FFIX.

Want to know how to tackle this boss? http://Www.playonline.com for more information!

Suck my white ass SE. lol.

Anyways, agreed from before, beastiary could have been at least catagorized in alpha. instead of hunt/rare/boss

if it's even really done that way...hard to tell. But otherwise i was very satisfied with the guide. (art book version that is)