+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Final Boss     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvin
    FF7 was a complete joke if you used Knights of the Round but a decent fight without. FFX was the gayest crap ever though... i almost cried at how pathetic the last 2 bosses were. The game was so great until that garbage.
    Getting KoR was a challenge though. It wasn't overpowered AND easy as hell to get like this one where phoenix down+bubble belt is overpowered from the moment the game starts.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Yeah it was challenging to get but a final boss should not be dead well before then end of of spell... Still a great game though.

How hard is it to write in the code:

"Boss X LvL = Player LVL +20"...

Or have them have alot of HP and strip away abilities, or at least make it SOME strategy required..

Mithra Ero-Sensei
    Sex Manthra

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Erosensei Gulkeeva
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus
    WoW Realm
    Magtheridon

Quote Originally Posted by Kainen
    FF8 last boss was pretty damn good fight. Kefka wins as the best final boss ever though.
    only thing made him hard was him spamming that fallen angel that kept putting everyone to like 1 HP, and every other attack was hitting the group for thousands O_o

I found the JP releases of FF games the hardest... dunno why they made it so easy in the US versions.

Nidhogg
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Glick Wick
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

If you do any optional content, the final bosses in the later FFs will always be easy. Although I notice a lot of people on these forums tend to way overpower themselves, as a lot of the endgame gear like the Zodiac Spear etc was more balanced to fight the optional content. If you find yourself beating all/most of the hunts and such before the final boss, yes, he'll be way too easy. He's moderately challenging however if you just go straight to him without spending time powerleveling and such.

Even Kefka was really easy if you went and did everything and overleveled a bit. Really, the last "hard" FF final boss was Neo-Exdeath, anything afterwards was a joke if you completed optional stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Gulkeeva
    only thing made him hard was him spamming that fallen angel that kept putting everyone to like 1 HP, and every other attack was hitting the group for thousands O_o
    I liked the whole progression of the fight. It wasn't the hardest fight, but it was awesome how they did it w/ the tower of mini-bosses and choosing your character order, and them swapping out as they died. Very creative and fun.

and.. /wave gulk

Quote Originally Posted by MisterBob
    If you do any optional content, the final bosses in the later FFs will always be easy. Although I notice a lot of people on these forums tend to way overpower themselves, as a lot of the endgame gear like the Zodiac Spear etc was more balanced to fight the optional content. If you find yourself beating all/most of the hunts and such before the final boss, yes, he'll be way too easy. He's moderately challenging however if you just go straight to him without spending time powerleveling and such.

Even Kefka was really easy if you went and did everything and overleveled a bit. Really, the last "hard" FF final boss was Neo-Exdeath, anything afterwards was a joke if you completed optional stuff.
    Yeah but I played ffxii the entire way through w/o one shred of outside help or guide, and beat all the additional content w/ my best weapon being the Masamune and never being higher than level 70 (and my highest reserve character at 17) and not once did I go out and farm gil/xp like you had to back in the old FF days. The fights were VERY long... but not hard. The only hard fights Zodiac cause of the damn immunities the final 10% and constant deathga spam, and Ultima cause of the cycling battlefield condition. Still I beat those on first try w/ no knowledge of how the fight would go. XII does win for the absolute longest fights in history though. Yiazmat took me like 8 hours.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

XII does win for the absolute longest fights in history though.
    Because again, XI doesn't count

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Kujata

nothing in FFXI should ever take anywhere near the time of Yiazmat (holding AV overnight w/o fighting dosent count)

Fafnir took me 45 minutes in 12. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Charla
    XII does win for the absolute longest fights in history though.
    Because again, XI doesn't count
    Yiazmat is longer than anything in FFXI takes. Even at 99 it's like 4-5hr fight. AV when lockable didn't take long.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

got fafnir down in about 20mins at lv55

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by deivi
    nothing in FFXI should ever take anywhere near the time of Yiazmat (holding AV overnight w/o fighting dosent count)
    Oh fine, you win.