+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Final Boss     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Final Boss

anyone else think the final boss was kinda weak and disappointing? my party was lvl 53 and i dont think i died once

all end bosses are disappointing

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    FF7's wasn't. But I think for most other games this is true. But maybe it was because I didn't overtrain for FF7 that made it easy...lol

Relic Horn
    BG Level

FF5's last boss was still hard too, even if you did overtrain.
    Edit: and 4

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I remember in the port it said, "You can now fly to Bahamut," and I was like "Wow, that's the coolest shit ever." So my party was roughly 45, and I went in there thinking I hope I die, I don't want this game to be over while I'm level 45...please let me just fucking die, have the people on the way rip me up.

Nope.

Went in and killed the guys in the hall, they kept coming, and I almost died with all my characters, but I figured I was there so I flee'd forward after fighting the hall guys for a while and then ran to the elevator. One shotted Gabrant, then went on to one shot him again, and the end boss.

At level what, 48? I really loved the ending and all, but yeah I was kind of upset that I could beat it at so low a level, and going into it with a half dead party.

I JUST BLEW U PTHE DEATH STAR!!!!!!1!!1!

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Lbelle you're talking of one-shotting so I assume you just use Quickenings for everything? That makes things retardedly easy. Don't get me wrong the game isn't hard by any means but it's quite a bit different without quickenings

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Quickenings don't work that well on high rank marks and optional bosses I though. Seriously, if you want a challenge in a recent FF, you need to do the optional stuff. Or a low level challenge of some sort of course.

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

I couldn't use quickenings on the final boss because I didn't have any mana after killing Gabranth the first time on the elevator.

Last bosses are always chumps. Except for Zeromus, and the dude in the FF1 ps version killed 3/4 my party iirc. If King Ultimegaizmatnirhogg was the final boss it would be a touch rough, that's why they're optional bosses. Sure you can beat this game at level 50 but the levels in this seem to take a lot more exp than in past games.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Dion
    FF7's wasn't. But I think for most other games this is true. But maybe it was because I didn't overtrain for FF7 that made it easy...lol
    ff7 endboss was a huge disappointment, he doesnt even last a full round of the 3 characters.

FF7 endboss was a reasonable fight, but not incredibly tough. Please tell me you didn't just use Knights of the round or go in with Lv99 characters, though.

Zeromus was a cunt in the original version of FFIV. They made him retardedly easy in the versions after for some reason.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

had lv99 characters long before making it to the end boss

FF8 last boss was pretty damn good fight. Kefka wins as the best final boss ever though.

FF8 final boss works well since in 8 the monsters level up as you do, first time I played that the last fight(s) took over a half hour.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

ff8 had the right idea with bosses, but the junction system overpowered your characters wayyyy too much.

i liked the fact that bosses had a minimum level though... allowed for some fun fights when doing a low level guide.

and yeah most ff games story mode is easy unless you gimp yourself to make it hard (IE, no materia in ff7, no leveling in 6 or 8 ect.) however as ussual there are some mobs that do challenge the players.

SE has gotten away from the story bosses being hard, and instead have added optional bosses for the difficulty factor. They are purposely designed that way so that kids/idiots can still enjoy the game (like those who have to level to 98 just to kill gilgamesh2 like that idiot on youtube). The final story boss' will never again be difficult in any FF game so long as you do any of the optional content. Those days are long gone.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

FF7 was a complete joke if you used Knights of the Round but a decent fight without. FFX was the gayest crap ever though... i almost cried at how pathetic the last 2 bosses were. The game was so great until that garbage.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

That was like... one of the few times it was good to be EU. The Dark Aeons and Penance were a shit ton harder than anything that was in the original JP and NA versions, including Nemesis. But yeah, the final boss was way too easy. Seriously, those Marlboro's in the area before you get to the boss were more dangerous than the actual boss was >_>