+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Demon Wall     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Demon Wall

I don't understand the Fire of War Quickening at all. I've been like randomly shuffling and waiting for the Triangle to pop and it doesn't show up, I don't really know how to make it work. Most of the time I don't even get it to work properly and I just do around 600. I was randomly messing with it on the Demon Wall boss and managed to do the triangle thing twice and then I had this Inferno special, which did like 4,000 dmg. Could someone explain it to me?

Edit: Tips on the Demon Wall boss?

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

I think I suck or I need to go get more Quickenings. I've lost like 3 times, not to mention starting over lots of times because I mess up on Fire of War because I don't know how it works. >>

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

think of it this way, after a quickening you have a random chance of another being up or a mist charge, if its not there however, you hit r2, it'll shuffle which gives another chance. However, if you have quickenings on other chars, their chances are added into the primary/ after shuffles as well, so if you have quickenings on all 3 chars, you can chain quite high

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

How do I tell if it's there or not? I see triangle and hit it and usually it doesn't do anything for me. But I'm also jamming r2 a lot.

Salvage Bans
    BG Level

Beat the wall boss but still have no idea how quickenings work. Then again I only have 1.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

If the triangle option was called a mist charge, that gives you 1 mist charge. You have to hit triangle again to use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Zetah
    Beat the wall boss but still have no idea how quickenings work. Then again I only have 1.
    That's the problem, it's basically pointless with one.

Puppetmaster
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Quickenings were tough for me to figure out at first too, but I got the hang of them now. The first thing you should worry about on the ability grid is getting all 6 chars their 3 quickenings. Now, assuming that you have that the chain works like so. Player A B and C all have full MP (3 mist charges) Each quickening uses a mist charge, lvl 1, 1 charge, 2, 2 and 3, 3. So say player A starts the chain with his lvl 3 quickening effectively spending all his mana. When the animation starts his will be blacked out unless you get lucky, in which case it will say mist charge. If mist charge is highlighted press the corresponding button and it will give him (I assume) a random mist charge of 1-3, allowing him to continue using his quicks. Now you charge him he goes again, then during that animation you can select others abilities that are listed so on and so forth. Sorry if I'm losing you... I'm kind of losing myself but it's 5am so yeah! Basically I use a quickening chain when everyone has at least 1 charge if possible, and just look for the highlighted selection and powermash that button. If they are all darked out you can hit R2 until one highlights, but after about chain 9 or so it becomes pretty difficult. There's a bit element of luck in having the quick highlighted for you and not having to shuffle... I've got 37 hit combo as my highest, and there's times I can't get more than 5. Go figure Have fun with that wall-o-text, off to bed to have alphabetical nightmares!

Really should get 2 mists per character at that point in the game :/

Plus, if you are trying to fight the first wall with only one quickening, it will be very tough. You have very littel room and the wall has 20,000HP

The 2nd wall has 10,000HP and you can slow his progress. This fight is much easier

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Use a ranged guy to put out the torches. 6/8 stop him and 2/8 speed him up (blue flame)

Yeah I have 1 quickening and am ridiculously confused. Why on earth they have a little cutscene/training mode to explain every other fuction except for these so far is beyond me.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

i remember when i only had 1 quickening.. once i figured it out, was sorta easy to get a decent combo since i would just hold down r2 and mash triangle lol

for both demon walls (optional one and not) i did quickenings and kept chaining them til i killed it lol. Tip you you kill optional demon wall you can get the demonblade. But it will take a while

Relic Horn
    BG Level

You can just hold R2? Well that would make it easier with just one, wouldn't it.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Patty Fleur
    FFXIV Server
    Ultros
    FFXI Server
    Caitsith
    WoW Realm
    Burning Blade

I've been trying him too...when I first tried my characters were severly underleveled, and could only do 6k before I had to restart. I've gotten 6 levels since then (not continueing story until I'm 30 X3) and I gave everyone a quickening. One SC did 14k, but I didn't have a second party with quickenings to finish it off T_T

Round 14 go!