Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    Divisor, yeah, I had thought that might be a possibility too. Wasn't sure if it might be more annoying to code. That's one of the things I had been thinking about while trying to work through this, and other problems of game mechanics: how difficult would such a system be to make codewise? Would a reasonable programmer (yeah, SE programmers aren't reasonable, har har har) write it?
    Sure, it would be fairly simple to code. When the NMs window opens (21 hours after death), set some number called n to 0. Every 30 minutes, starting immediately, calculate 1/(7-n), then add 1 to n. Multiply the number you got from that calculation by 1,000 then roll a die (i.e. random number from 0-999, same thing it does when you type /random), if the number rolled is less than the number you calculated the mob pops. Otherwise it doesn't.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

... Divisor, I love you. Please make beautiful math/CS babies with me.

To keep things vaguely on topic, okay, yeah, I can see how it would work. This doesn't change the fact that I'd like to see some actual data on it. Maybe not so much to determine how it really does work, but to see if there is some type of bias.

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    LOL @ double space guy who thinks the current system for kings is good.
    Nah its just he likes that stick up his ass and would be saddened by it's removal.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by some double space happy fucker named White Cuirass

NM pops dont work anymore for people who want eq for free, whose LS are not as determined as the top LSs of the server. It's the same story on every server because that's the way people are, there are those who want to be the best and are willing to sacrifice time/effort and those who want it all for free, and will make up bullshit reasons like "pressing voke faster than the next man" or accuse others of botting instead of going there day after day after day to accomplish a goal that takes long-term committment. yeah, keep believing that the top LSs all bot you fuckin lame pathetic queers. btw it's not a 1 minute window, it's like 1-2 seconds from the exact second of the ToD, every 30min 21-24 hrs. anyone with even a little bit of
    experience camping knows this. you know what else?

A ls skill/gear shouldnt be determined by pressing voke faster than the next man.

the top LSs of the server who are in aery, dominion sorrows every day have the most pimp eq for members but might have bad skills compared
    with sky/dynamis LSs. in terms of performance, gear hardly means shit in ffxi in case you didn't figure it out yet, the only exception is probably ridill. even d. ring or black belt hardly make a difference with another person wearing their suit of AF1 and AHable shit. the only reason you people are so mad is because you are jealous, and want to have pimp looking eq.
    even willing to fuck up the entire system that pits the most committed LSs against the losers who go like once a week and keeps it all random for everyone so you have a random chance to pull and win eq that your god damn asses don't deserve. it's in your favor the way it is right now,but that's still not good enough for greedy loser ass dynamis/sky LS,you want it all to be like sky and dynamis-- forced pop shit so you can farm it all or wait for cooldown times and try again and again. ffxi will be ruined because of you bozos and your complaints to the dev. team. if the dev team changes it, it will be to keep collecting money from your pitiful weak gil-purchasing asses, not to improve the system. keep staying jealous of people wearing Koenig Cuirass, Dalmatica, Crimson Scale Mail, Adaman Hauberk, Defending Ring, R I D I L L Delay: 236. Damage Per Second (DPS): 10.17. TP Per Hit: 6.3%. Equipment Category: Weapons / Swords.
    Effects for Ridill:. Occasionally attacks 2 to 3 times ...
    LOL superior to all your god damn excaliburs and joyeuses you LOSERS!

HNM CAMPING LSs > ALL THE REST OF THE SERVER FOREVER.

Have a bad day
    Alright I tried to make it somewhat readable. One man can only do so much. What fucking keyboard do you have that makes you occasionally space "sentences" 2-3 times?

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

Dude. Ridill brand keyboards. You know you'd buy one.

Or bot one at Staples' Aery.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    One thing I've always wondered, is let's say Nidhogg dies and the next day Fafnir pops, which goes unkilled for a week. Say it dies 7 days later, is the chance of Nid the next day equivalent to a day 2 or a day 8?
    I can't say I ever did end game stuff at a time when anything stayed up more than 24 hours, but there was a time when Fafnir would be held for 15-17 hours by a linkshell or group of linkshells to move it back to NA time or back to JP time. Same thing happened even more with Behemoth. I don't remember pushing it to the next day ever affecting what "day" pop it was though.

My memory might be failing me however in old age, and it might just have been a case of it not staying alive long enough to even matter. There really doesn't seem to be much difference between a day 7 KB and a day 8 KB

A. Body
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Area 52

yep windows for HNM that can be narrowed down to 30min intervals = bad i'm surprised SE didn't even forsee bots coming when they implemented something like that. I'm not a genius but i can tell you anything predictable in an online game is bottable.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by inafume
    LOL @ double space guy who thinks the current system for kings is good.
    Doublespaceguy reminds me of those players who knowingly join a well-known botting LS and then brag about how many E.Bodies and Ridills their LS has.

Quote Originally Posted by WhiteCuirass
    As long as there is a window there will be a problem. Bahamut v2 or Assault is the way to go for all NMs. A ls skill/gear shouldnt be determined by pressing voke faster than the next man. NM pops dont work anymore they are outdated and should be removed from the game.
    NM pops dont work anymore for people who want eq for free, whose LS are not as determined as the top LSs of the server. It's the same story on every server because that's the way people are, there are those who want to be the best and are willing to sacrifice time/effort and those who want it all for free, and will make up bullshit reasons like "pressing voke faster than the next man" or accuse others of botting instead of going there day after day after day to accomplish a goal that takes long-term committment.

yeah, keep believing that the top LSs all bot you fuckin lame pathetic queers. btw it's not a 1 minute window, it's like 1-2 seconds from the exact second of the ToD, every 30min 21-24 hrs. anyone with even a little bit of experience camping knows this.

you know what else?
    [quote:d176c] A ls skill/gear shouldnt be determined by pressing voke faster than the next man.
    the top LSs of the server who are in aery, dominion sorrows every day have the most pimp eq for members but might have bad skills compared with sky/dynamis LSs. in terms of performance, gear hardly means shit in ffxi in case you didn't figure it out yet, the only exception is probably ridill. even d. ring or black belt hardly make a difference with another person wearing their suit of AF1 and AHable shit.

the only reason you people are so mad is because you are jealous, and want to have pimp looking eq. even willing to fuck up the entire system that pits the most committed LSs against the losers who go like once a week and keeps it all random for everyone so you have a random chance to pull and win eq that your god damn asses don't deserve. it's in your favor the way it is right now, but that's still not good enough for greedy loser ass dynamis/sky LS,

you want it all to be like sky and dynamis-- forced pop shit so you can farm it all or wait for cooldown times and try again and again. ffxi will be ruined because of you bozos and your complaints to the dev. team. if the dev team changes it, it will be to keep collecting money from your pitiful weak gil-purchasing asses, not to improve the system. keep staying jealous of people wearing Koenig Cuirass, Dalmatica, Crimson Scale Mail, Adaman Hauberk, Defending Ring, R I D I L L

Delay: 236. Damage Per Second (DPS): 10.17. TP Per Hit: 6.3%. Equipment Category: Weapons / Swords.
    Effects for Ridill:. Occasionally attacks 2 to 3 times ...

LOL superior to all your god damn excaliburs and joyeuses you LOSERS!
    HNM CAMPING LSs > ALL THE REST OF THE SERVER FOREVER.

:D Have a bad day

admin edit: now with less enter key[/quote:d176c]

Wouldnt it be nice if everyone got these THREE YEAR OLD ITEMS and SE created new items that were actually good?

Banned.

BG Level

no, we need red and white pants to match our christmas apparel, nobody camps nms anyways

Quote Originally Posted by Veli
    Wouldnt it be nice if everyone got these THREE YEAR OLD ITEMS and SE created new items that were actually good?
    Thank You!! This system worked when it took a lot longer for people to get LvL 75...before they decreased experience per level and before they added areas where you can burn exp very fast...

If they want to make it very easy for everyone to be lvl 75 or have multiple jobs at 75 they should add more endgame gear (and content) so everyone doesn't go after the same things all the time.

Its really not that fun to go into DA or BD anymore because its just too crowded...

Banned.

BG Level

this entire forum has just turned into one echo about how hnms should be changed, and its always repeated

se knows endgame blows ballsack for everyone, but it keeps you playing for months at a time in hopes of getting some shitsuck. its why relics take long periods of time, why hnms only pop once per day, why dynamis has time limits

you need to understand, se wants to keep us happy yes, but theyre not doing it for the players, theyre doing it for themselves, in that they do NOT want an excessive amount of players to quit

So they'll keep adding teensie bits of content, hoping you'll take 3 months to complete said content and realize it blows, but by then theres another update

The Optimistic Asshole
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyche Six
    FFXIV Server
    Tonberry

He wasnt double-spacing, he just accidentally left his bot on and it was hitting the enter key every 5 seconds.

A. Body
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

I'd think the more efficient system for server load would be to just random the next pop time at time of death.

Get a random time value within a range, tack it on to when the thing died, and push it onto the event stack for the zone. That's all it really takes.

I think lotto pop between NQ or HQ, PH and NM, etc is probably determined at pop time, but there's no real reason to use up CPU power to determine when that pop is.

I wouldn't think that normal mobs, NMs, and HNMs would really differ much from one another. It's more efficient to just make one system to govern all of them, and with most mobs in the game having a pretty fixed repop time it makes sense to me that whatever system is in place would be more designed around that.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

I'd think the more efficient system for server load would be to just random the next pop time at time of death.

Get a random time value within a range, tack it on to when the thing died, and push it onto the event stack for the zone. That's all it really takes.
    Yes, that's exactly what I had been thinking - you can make these other systems, but do you really get anything out of them to make up for the extra effort? I can't see any real benefit.

Thanks for being more articulate than I am. :D

Isiolia's probably correct, except I bet the PH/NM calculation is done at the ToD rather than pop time. PH/NM could use almost any data they deemed fit: the number of PHs popped since the last time the NM died, the number of PHs popped since the window opened, the time since the last NM died, etc.

This system could also easily do the "tricks" like force the pop of a NM at a certain location a-la-ungur. If the pop is a placeholder, choose from 2 locations to pop at. If the pop is the NM, only choose from 1 location.

It could also do stuff like early/late pop. For example, if you kill a normal mob, and a PH rolls up as the repop, it pushes the event to 16 minutes from now. If the NM rolls up to pop instead of the new mob, it could pick a random duration until the event triggers as 10-20 minutes.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

So, two questions. It's reasonable to assume that the system being used is one like Isiolia and Aurik described. If that's the case, then is it possible for an SE employee, or perhaps a GM, to know when a particular NM is going to pop? As mentioned, this could be useful for preventative purposes - stationing a GM at significant pops every once in a while, for instance.

I've heard anecdotal evidence of RMT groups knowing exactly when an NM is going to pop. If these accounts are true, is it possible that some RMT groups have a man on the inside? An employee who can transmit the pop time to them? It seems like actually adjusting the pop time would draw too much notice, but letting them know so they could be ready...?

I don't want to stray into conspiracy theory, so if people have good alternate explanations, or reasons why these things couldn't happen, I'd love to hear them. I'm just thinking out loud right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Seyrr
    So, two questions. It's reasonable to assume that the system being used is one like Isiolia and Aurik described. If that's the case, then is it possible for an SE employee, or perhaps a GM, to know when a particular NM is going to pop? As mentioned, this could be useful for preventative purposes - stationing a GM at significant pops every once in a while, for instance.

I've heard anecdotal evidence of RMT groups knowing exactly when an NM is going to pop. If these accounts are true, is it possible that some RMT groups have a man on the inside? An employee who can transmit the pop time to them? It seems like actually adjusting the pop time would draw too much notice, but letting them know so they could be ready...?

I don't want to stray into conspiracy theory, so if people have good alternate explanations, or reasons why these things couldn't happen, I'd love to hear them. I'm just thinking out loud right now.
    If you had access to server info hidden from players, (SGMs/LGMs probably do, not sure about normal GMs) then yes this is the kind of information they could access.

Is there a way for to code for a monster to load claimed to some random person in the zone/area similar to item popped mobs? I think it would server to eliminate bots and gives any LS at least a random chance of getting some sort of claim. Then any and all LS's can actually get these monsters without having to bot.

Quote Originally Posted by razorcat
    Is there a way for to code for a monster to load claimed to some random person in the zone/area similar to item popped mobs? I think it would server to eliminate bots and gives any LS at least a random chance of getting some sort of claim. Then any and all LS's can actually get these monsters without having to bot.
    Good rule of thumb - If you can think of it, there's a way to code it.