+ Reply to Thread

Would you pay for art like this?

http://www.mmoart.com/

I can honestly say that I'd pay $600 for a digital art rendition of my character in an environment on an 18x24 canvas. I really have nothing else to spend cash on, so why the hell not?

Groovebox

people spend 600 dollars to buy online currency and items, so why not buy something like this. Pretty cool, I'd rather buy a ps3 though ;p

Yoshi P
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Gorefiend

Really amazing art, no doubt about it, but 600$ is alot of money. Alot of up and coming artists that are looking for work and can draw just as well would do the same thing for a fraction of that price.

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I would prob. but for 600... I'd just put down some more $$$ and have a wall painted or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Zigma
    I would prob. but for 600... I'd just put down some more $$$ and have a wall painted or something.
    A wall painted with your character, or your wall painted with generic colors?

Black Belt
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Lawls
    I don't know, but it would be a picture. I'm not sure I'd really use a character from FF11 because there isn't much "detail" to go by. maybe a bunch of mithras or something.

I don't know, but it would be a picture. I'm not sure I'd really use a character from FF11 because there isn't much "detail" to go by. maybe a bunch of mithras or something.
    There's not much detail in an actual screenshot, but that's what the artist is for, good sir! You tell them what you want and how you want something to look, if you feel that the screenshot lacks adequate detail. You're not paying $600 for something you can snapshot, throw it into paint, and print.

23 years old
    Rating: total douchebag

BG Level

Re: Would you pay for art like this?

http://www.mmoart.com/

I can honestly say that I'd pay $600 for a digital art rendition of my character in an environment on an 18x24 canvas. I really have nothing else to spend cash on, so why the hell not?
    Tell ya what, ill have my friend draw your character and you pay me 600 bucks k?

the chick from psu's face looks like a man rofl

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ramuh
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

prices aren't too bad really for the amount of work some stuff takes