wut

last post was like a month ago?

http://www.theorderls.com/bigkill.php

why exactly is this still up

Relic Horn
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Carbuncle

Its a memento to those who remember when it actually ment something.

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

More like MEANT something.
    Somebody posted a kill in October of this year too lol >_> How silly.

When that thing first came out it was awesome.

OH HOW THE MIGHTY HAVE FALLEN~

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

I never really understood it, was so amazing about if your LS has killed Serket or not?
    I propose a redesign! Points should be awarded with things like, can you clear all Dynamis zones with X number of people. How many people in your LS have capped merits on all their jobs. Can you kill AV without the wall-o-justice or goblin foot print tirck? Can you kill Kirin in less than 1 min. etc etc

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

Quote Originally Posted by spooky
    I never really understood it, was so amazing about if your LS has killed Serket or not?
    I propose a redesign! Points should be awarded with things like, can you clear all Dynamis zones with X number of people. How many people in your LS have capped merits on all their jobs. Can you kill AV without the wall-o-justice or goblin foot print tirck? Can you kill Kirin in less than 1 min. etc etc
    Because back in those days (way before EU or NA PS2 release), It was amazing/rare for a LS to kill faf, those LS's were stellar, now a days thanks to gear and merits (which people quit over claiming they do nothing) allow people to make these fights complete jokes.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Lakshmi

How many people in your LS have capped merits on all their jobs.
    Wait, what is amazing about this? It might show some dedication, but getting those big kills before merits and before everyone knew how to kill them was harder. Chopping up puks or some mamool ja is not amazing.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva

Cap merits > killing Serket. One takes more "skill" than the other, it's that simple.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Cap merits > killing Serket. One takes more "skill" than the other, it's that simple.
    Did you just start playing FFXI this year?

Serket has been around the block, and back in the day he wasnt solo/duo-able. If your LS managed to kill serket, it was like saying your LS was able to kill Tiamat when she was first released.

Big kills didnt just come out, its been around awhile, not as long as Serket, but still long enough to consider it a HNM.

Trying to compair Serket to some merit thing that was released years later is stupid.

Xavier

You're retarded.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Isn't it harder to kill Serket now than it was back then? I'd say killing JoL is easier than killing Serket.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Odin

Big kills was more important to people when:

1. There was a mystique to the challenge of Kings back when people complained that the japanese had an advantage due to server location.
    It wasnt so much that they were hard fights but even things like KA were more like "oooo grats on claiming KA!" then it was about an ls being skilled enough to kill it.

2. When people had a hope that the game would continue to offer new challenges that would matter, at one time the best ffxi linkshells would go out and fight CoP wyrms that tended to always be up, and wipe. It was quite awhile before people got all their shit together and started killing them. This was a different challenge to people than a glitched super death machine in Sky that most people dont realyl give a shit about. The game started going down hill with hnms drop wise on wyrms but people atleast felt like they were challenged, even KV though easy has a complicaqted pop condition and most sam/drk/drg i know of would love aces helm.
    Now you have things like Cerberus and Hydra being added that get beat upon hours of release.

3. You could do /sea all NA and 90% of those people were japanese. I dont know about a lot of people but i remember doing /sea all 75 <insertrandomjob> and it would be 5-10 JP and 1-2 NA players or something similar. It was a different thing to be one of the Early waves of NA players to hit 75, all this shit people complain about was new and there was no WoW for people to compare it all too.

But yeah to jump on the train did you just start playing ffxi spooky? You sound like a fucking idiot. The only challenge I ever felt about meriting on blm was finding a brd online, and persuade them to come to my manaburn in KRT as opposed to some Meleeburn in sky. Before you dis my selection of KRT for manaburn this was before CoP and ToAU, evidently this may be before your time.

Edit: some spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    Isn't it harder to kill Serket now than it was back then? I'd say killing JoL is easier than killing Serket.
    I think you mean harder to claim Serket, what with all the 30+ GS camping it.

Habitatt Hasher
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Tyra Ravenlocke
    FFXIV Server
    Hyperion

heh

my ls used it a little while ago simply to keep track of what we have killed and what we hadn't.

It gave us something to do /shrug.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Your join date is showing, bad.

Saint Daahan Von Quitter the 1st
    Patron of Yin

BG Level

lawlz i've main healed at serket before with my drg/whm.

OBVIOUSLY THAT'S SKILL FOR YA, WOULDN'T YOU AGREE PPL

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Daahan
    lawlz i've main healed at serket before with my drg/whm.

OBVIOUSLY THAT'S SKILL FOR YA, WOULDN'T YOU AGREE PPL
    Daahan uses Divine Seal.
    Judah: DAAHAN CURE BOMBING IN THE PIT! MAKE A NOTE OF IT.
    Daahan starts casting Cure III on Daahan.

I'm really sure whether this is a joke or if you're actually trying to say something.

Capping merits has absolutely nothing to do with skill ... it has everything to do with having time. These days, killing Serket has nothing to do with skill either (unless you're trying to solo it). But back in the day when HNM linkshells still accepted members at level 65, and by far the majority of your members were lower than 75, it was somewhat of an accomplishment.

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute
    Quote Originally Posted by Janice
    I think you mean harder to claim Serket, what with all the 30+ GS camping it.
    In order to kill it, you have to claim it. I meant what I said.