+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

hehe, You all do know that Wii only had 400,000 in Japan for Launch right, cause I was under the impression they were getting 1 million. There will be a Line for Wii's so if you think your just going to walk into best buy and get one your dead wrong. Hell, I wonder how much the US will get now.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Actually, Nintendo is favoring US for launch numbers, they are shipping out somewhere around 750~1m units for NA. By the end of the year there will be 4m+ units available.

If they say so but tend to not believe Nintendo like everyone else does. Considering they took about the same number of preorders as the PS3 did, well maybe a little more.

D. Ring
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok
    WoW Realm
    Nazjatar

600 is cheap for a ps3 if you actually know the costs, they're losing several hundred dollars on each system they sell.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by izembo
    600 is cheap for a ps3 if you actually know the costs, they're losing several hundred dollars on each system they sell.
    They cost $800~850 to make and Sony sells them for $5~600, yes its a 'deal' but its still expensive.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Nightstriker
    If they say so but tend to not believe Nintendo like everyone else does. Considering they took about the same number of preorders as the PS3 did, well maybe a little more.
    They actually took less than the PS3 in most areas, Gamestop near me took 12 PS3 orders and only 8 Wii preorders, but they have 24 Wiis right now (I'm not sure if that's including preorders). Gamestop also has a lot less total than places like Best Buy and Toysrus and Target, which most likely wont have lines at all due to no preorders there. It was actually a good marketing move I think...PS3 can't even meet some of their preorders, Wii has them all met and then plenty available besides that. What gets me worried about the Wii selling out is Zelda, that game has been drooled over for YEARS (by me included), a launch title that hot will be in demand, and the lower Wii price will make it even more appealing.I'm really hoping I don't see lines after I get out of work tommorrow night, but I'm not too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenai
    Quote Originally Posted by Norelco
    I haven't exactly said the PS3 is great either.
    Well, it would be kind of hard to at the moment, sadly. But I do sense favoritism, your earlier posts with such little tidbits as "You only don't like it because you can't afford one", and "you can keep you shitty Wiis". You're not promoting the PS3 so much as ignoring its problems while launching opinonated Wii attacks. (although this whole thread is kinda like that, so whatever)

Edit: I am leaning toward (and buying from) Nintendo right now not because I prefer Nintendo to Sony (I play my Ps2 far more than Gamecube), but I want the better value for my dollar. Wii has proved itself, PS3 has not, and I want it to, but it doesn't seem like they are trying to atm.
    Hehe, I don't think the second quote was by me..."you can keep your shitty Wiis". I'm just annoyed by all of the PS3 bashing considering most people haven't played one. If you like it, and it's fun, and can afford one, more power to you. But it seems most of the people bashing the PS3 are those who are complaining about the price, etc. That's how I got to the "can't afford" statement. I know it was a harsh generalization, and I know it's not true of every person who will buy a Wii over a PS3, but I think it's a fair assessment of some idiots on this message board.

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    How exactly am I a fanboy for bashing the Wii? I haven't exactly said the PS3 is great either.
    In which case you're just attacking people for their opinions without offering one of your own or any other reason for attacking people.

Sup Flux.
    Fuck yah I will attack people's opinions if they are grossly misinformed. How can you opine about something if you have played neither? It's all subjective.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Unicorn
    WoW Realm
    Grizzly Hills

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    How exactly am I a fanboy for bashing the Wii? I haven't exactly said the PS3 is great either.
    In which case you're just attacking people for their opinions without offering one of your own or any other reason for attacking people.

Sup Flux.
    Fuck yah I will attack people's opinions if they are grossly misinformed. How can you opine about something if you have played neither? It's all subjective.
    Most people aren't complaining about the PS3 itself, they are complaining about the price of it, the lack of games on it, and the marketing tactics, like not making many so that it looks more popular than it is when it sells out. These are not just fanboys, they are angry would-be should-be could-be customers.

And a Wii > PS3 comment is not "grossely misinformed", since it's an opinion, and that same opinion is shared by me and apparently many others around here and elsewhere, until Sony gets its act together and starts releasing some decent games I want and actually making the system more available. Call it constructive bitching if you want, I don't care. I don't want to see the system fail, but they have done next to nothing to get my hopes up. Super sucess with the PS2 and a barrelfull of hype won't make the PS3 win by default, no matter who says it does.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

Enjoy your shitty gamecube-esque graphics, faggy console name, and controller you can shove up your ass.
    k?

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

lolps3

why not have there marketing dept. come up with, oh i dunno, a NEW FUCKING NAME for there fucking product.

same with xbox, at least nintendo has been somewhat original in there names. Nintendo, Super nintendo, nintendo 64, gamecube, wii

dont pull the "your a nintedo fanboy" because the only console game ive played in years is FFXII

Salvage Bans
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Fryte Avarise
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

I want to see a Gonads and Strife remake for the Nintendo Wii.

People use US and NA as often as Asia and JP. More than 1 country per continent, chaps.

HABS SUCK!!!!!
    Sepukku is my Hero
    Therrien's Cum Dumpster

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Gilgamesh

maybe it wouldnt be so fucking expensive if they focused on a gaming system instead of trying to make an all-in-1 system.

Relic Weapons
    BG Level

Hehe, I don't think the second quote was by me..."you can keep your shitty Wiis". I'm just annoyed by all of the PS3 bashing considering most people haven't played one. \
    I have and I still feel the same about it. I'm not touching a ps3 any time soon and if S-E said FF13 would also be on the Xbox, as it stands right now, Sony would probably lose a customer.

The games do look very nice... but there is not one game I care about coming out in the near future for PS3 and I haven't seen anything that would set it apart from the 360 yet. Yes too early to call I know, but thats why I'm waiting.. and I'm not even tempted in the least.

Unlike most here I couldn't care less about Zelda and I'll probably never play it... but the Wii is still more attractive to me for many of the reasons already discussed. The system sells itself, even if it's just a well marketed gimmick... which imo is something the PS3 cant even muster atm.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by NynJa
    maybe it wouldnt be so fucking expensive if they focused on a gaming system instead of trying to make an all-in-1 system.
    maybe... but even if it costs more it is a huge reason why I want the system to begin with, which is also the same reason i bought a ps2.

edit: and a psp... fuck.

Banned.

BG Level

why not have there marketing dept. come up with, oh i dunno, a NEW FUCKING NAME for there fucking product.
    What a stupid reason to dislike anything, ever ;o.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by BRP
    You would be surprised which things effect consumers.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    right... but having the Playstation name on the system in front of the 3 makes it sell more.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

Quote Originally Posted by Boyiee
    Quote Originally Posted by SephirothYuyX
    right... but having the Playstation name on the system in front of the 3 makes it sell more.
    Well im not poking at PS3 at all, and im sure some people arnt a fan of 'Wii', im just stating in general; but product names do effect sales.