+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Banned.

BG Level

right... but having the Playstation name on the system in front of the 3 makes it sell more.
    Um, yeah, a little bit. You got to remember how fucking stupid a lot of people are. Do you now how many times I hear that Sony is behind Final Fantasy? Apparently Square, Enix, or Square-Enix never existed. It wouldn't surprise me if some people didn't know if Sony made the Playstation, I know most parents don't. Some people might even "trust the name" of Playstation.

Even then, it's a really, really stupid reason to dislike the Playstation. And SYX, we are apparently on the same side of the arguement.

I Am, Who I Am.
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Trixi Sephyuyx
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Ragnarok

I agree, the PS logo/name helps in this case.

Ironing this Thread
    Sweaty Dick Punching Enthusiast

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Boyiee Star
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    WoW Realm
    Kel'Thuzad

people pay for brand names, it's been shown time and time again. Even if it only helps a little bit, it helps. It may be retarded, but thats your public for ya. It hardly ever means that the product is better anyway, and it's too bad people can't realize that. It's a terrible reason to dislike playstation, in fact its pretty stupid. Hey guys change the name of playstation, its been used 4 times now! Then to come back to say nintendo has been original with their names, Nintendo, Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Nintendo DS... thats so much different than PS, PS2, PSP, and PS3.

A lot of people do think sony is behind FF, in fact I have met alot of people that think just because the game is on the PS it must be a sony product. MGS for example, and many other games... Gee you think the big logo that comes on before the start menu would tell you what company made the game. I think it is a "trust the name" case. Most of the public isn't well informed of console's or the companies that make them. They go to a store and see a Nintendo Wii and a Playstation 3 sitting on the shelf, and end up buying the Playstation simply by name. Don't say people really aren't like that either, because you'd be suprised how many are really bought that way.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4