+ Reply to Thread

Thread: magic pot     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Science Fiction Super Fan
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

magic pot

um wtf

how u kill this lil bugger, i just killed phoenix and now im in a room with this lil fucker

cant do any damage to this thang

tips plz!!

Give it an elixer

You know, just like every other FF magic pot.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Give it an elixer

Save XI.

Quote Originally Posted by Eaglestrike
    Quote Originally Posted by Jooeetheplatypus
    Give it an elixer

Save XI.
    Have you tried to give a pot an elixer?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

No...

What a great use of dragon blood that would be...

After Mandau maybe I'll try it.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

Technically I don't think there were magic pots in FF1. I wouldn't know about 2, 3 or tactics. And of course Adventure and Legend doesn't count.

Oh, and I just remembered the ones in 10 are different too.

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Cho'gall

The ones in 10 were stupid. Was there any way to tell which item went to each target? If there was, then maybe it wasn't stupid, but I never tried hard enough to notice/figure it out lol

Old Merits
    BG Level

In 10 you attacked 1 of 8 (?) eyes and got an item if you were correct. While the eye was always random, there was repeating patterns so you could keep going. Usually lose interest before too long though.

Note, if you attack the magic pot in XII... it will rape you hardcore! Hits for like 4000 a swing and casts Flare for even more. It sux cause deeper in the pharos the pots are in rooms w/ other mobs so you cant use "lowest hp" attack gambits.

If you do attack it, feed it 1 elixer to calm it down, then another to make it killable. You can steal an elixer from them but its a hard steal.

Your reward is 127 LP!

It sux cause deeper in the pharos the pots are in rooms w/ other mobs so you cant use "lowest hp" attack gambits.
    Fighting in the pitch black corridors once I'm just doing my thing killing Bunes when suddenly basch takes a faceplant and I'm left sitting there wondering wtf just happened. Next thing I see is pot casting flare on me and I skidaddle. Good times with the Attack>Lowest HP.

Quote Originally Posted by Kainen
    Your reward is 127 LP!
    The sad thing is I was done with the liscense board on everyone before I even went to Giruvegan.

I think we all expected a more sphere grid-like experience from it :(

I agree w/ both of you. The liscense board wasn't too bad... but very simple. I liked the FFX grid system cause although you could custom your characters out any way you wanted, it was more benificial to focus them as a certain job, as opposed to FFXII where everybody will have every spell, all 3 armor types, every accesory, every ability... and still have 1000's of LP left over to go after any weapon you obtain along the way.

Relic Horn
    BG Level

It was only more beneficial to focus characters on a certain job during the main game. Once you actually started farming AP and spheres you ended up with 7 characters with every spell/ability and maxed stats. At least if you were a perfectionist like me.

And on top of that, you didn't even *need* the sphere grid to finish the main game in the first place.

In the beggining I had no idea what I was doing, and just did white magic and augements for every1 and stuck w/ their default weapon choice.