Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

I found a thing in Mount Zhayolm

On the south end of the mountain, there's a rock with a strange crest that "does not respond" when examined. It sits directly across from the unnamed south island shown on the Mount Zhayolm map. This island, shown in the distance, seems to have a similar stone like the one next to me.

Has anyone used this thing or is it just another content placeholder like Alzadaal Undersea Ruins?
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...s/img_0024.png

Relic Shield
    BG Level

My guess is that it'll come into play in a later patch.

And speaking of Alzadaal, I wonder when we'll finally get the new Nyzul Isle assault area.

That's at the Eruca/Wootzshell camp, right? I remember trying to feed it various items, it didn't respond.

Another thing: Can you get to Hediva or Sharug yet?

Relic Shield
    BG Level

There is another stone in the woodlands. Probably one in the mire somewhere too.

Old Merits
    BG Level

I’ve run across the one on Zhayholm and the one  in Wajaom, but I’m pretty confident that there i sn’t one anywhere in the Mire.  This kind of thi ng is interesting, but there’s no guarantees tha t anything will ever come of it.  There’s a coup le of places that look like zones in Zi’tah and  La Theine、but obviously nothing has ever been done with them. Or that blocked off hallway in Tavnazian Safehold.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

my bet is porters to Alexander, which is spoken about repeatedly by NPCs (although unnamed or named by an near east type name) as a castle of Light across the Volcano in fact if i remember right you can even see it from somewhere in Mount.

Fake Numbers
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    I’ve run across the one on Zhayholm and the one  in Wajaom, but I’m pretty confident that there i sn’t one anywhere in the Mire.  This kind of thi ng is interesting, but there’s no guarantees tha t anything will ever come of it.  There’s a coup le of places that look like zones in Zi’tah and  La Theine、but obviously nothing has ever been done with them. Or that blocked off hallway in Tavnazian Safehold.
    For some reason, reading this made me feel like a robot.

my bet is porters to Alexander, which is spoken about repeatedly by NPCs (although unnamed or named by an near east type name) as a castle of Light across the Volcano in fact if i remember right you can even see it from somewhere in Mount.
    This looks Alexandered.
    I can tell from some of the towers and having seen quite a few Alexanders in my time.
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...s/img_0017.png

However, these tower clusters appear scattered throughout the Silver Sea, which leads me to believe that either Alexander is e-fucking-normous (spanning the entire Silver Sea floor) and the towers are just tips of a collosal, mechanized iceberg or these are several "mini-Alexanders" that are not contiguous parts.

Whatever the case, I think SE knew that "Alzadaal" wouldn't fool any FF fan for very long.

New Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph

Probably a porter to an Ouryu-type fight?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrn
    Quote Originally Posted by Stilgar
    For some reason, reading this made me feel like a robot.
    You should have an operation done to get metal legs.

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura

Quote Originally Posted by Almalexia
    This looks Alexandered.
    I can tell from some of the towers and having seen quite a few Alexanders in my time.
    [imghttp://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g69/wesuerobots/img_0017.png[/img]

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

This looks Alexandered.

P I C T U R E
    lol thats awesome, and it would be really cool if that theory turned out to be accurate. ;3

Relic Shield
    BG Level

trail markings like dynamis, only on that island? could be cool...

Relic Shield
    BG Level

Chances are those buildings are the remnants. You see them on the boat and if you look at the boat path, it passes through Bhaflau and Silver Sea remnants. And the building off the southern coast of the island with the Dahaks is the exact same place Zhaylom Remnants appear on the beseiged map.

I think those stones will probably end up being just some mission to click on and fight something or just maybe a cs.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

This looks Alexandered.
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...s/img_0017.png

However, these tower clusters appear scattered throughout the Silver Sea, which leads me to believe that either Alexander is e-fucking-normous (spanning the entire Silver Sea floor) and the towers are just tips of a collosal, mechanized iceberg or these are several "mini-Alexanders" that are not contiguous parts.

Whatever the case, I think SE knew that "Alzadaal" wouldn't fool any FF fan for very long.
    I hate to eat up someone's photobucket but if you compare...

http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n...h_img_0055.jpg

The similarities are uncanny. Front to columns on the ruins versus the front to columns in the painting.

Compare to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PU4XhTGZqRQ

And more importantly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kQIR57joObM

But onto the OP, what was the stone called?

Aye I was about to post the SC I took of the plaque looking thing

That FF9 Video might just be enough to make me replace 9, I quit most FF's after the big plot twist where everyone finds out they're an alien/clone/orphan-from--the-same-orphanage/living-someone-slses-life

After I found otu Zidane or w/e was like a clone or some shit I was like "...yeah" and turned off my PS2, never turned it back on lol

but yeah, Alexander is gonna he awsome~ I recon maybe the Gordeus will be part of this too

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Shiva
    WoW Realm
    Kilrogg

Septimus you really need to clear your POL messages doesn't that stupid chime bug you <.<

Re: I found a thing in Mount Zhayolm

On the south end of the mountain, there's a rock with a strange crest that "does not respond" when examined. It sits directly across from the unnamed south island shown on the Mount Zhayolm map. This island, shown in the distance, seems to have a similar stone like the one next to me.

Has anyone used this thing or is it just another content placeholder like Alzadaal Undersea Ruins?
    http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g6...s/img_0024.png
    Perhaps the crest with tele you to island across the water. There seems to be a similar rock formation on the other side which could link the two areas.

Ridill
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Septimus Atumre
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by nekoshoonen
    Septimus you really need to clear your POL messages doesn't that stupid chime bug you <.<
    That's not my picture, that was from an older thread about the last update. I would lose my mind if I saw my PoL message flashing like that all the time.

Chram
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Helmut Lang
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

that ls chat is pretty funny.