Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Martial weapons     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Martial weapons

Kinda random question but do martial weapons only give 100 extra tp to a ws from that weapon? Curious if could equip on cor and have it affect slug shot.

Sea Torques
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Cerberus

Yup. You'll need Martial Gun to get the 100TP bonus for slug shot.

Spiders are Awesome
    BG Level

Yep, and Martial Gun is definitely the best COR gun. I don't understand why so many use Coffinmaker when the TP bonus does way more for accuracy.

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Dang figured as much. Was hoping to use coffinmaker and the anelace. Oh well. Thanks

There are false prophets among us,
    who bring in damnable heresies,
    and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Ner'zhul

Not 100% certain, but I believe it was determined that Martial Weapons simply give you a 50% boost in TP, thus why 200% seems like 300.% Not a direct answer to your question but along similar lines. Anyone have any info regarding this?

YOU BLACK, MIDNIGHT, EVIL MOTHERFUCKERS!!! BLACK MAGIC, DARKNESS!!! YOU RAW, DARKNESS!!! YOU, FUCKING, DELIRIOUS MOTHERFUCKER!
    You were cold as ice.

BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Sho Ryuuken
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Quote Originally Posted by Palin
    Not 100% certain, but I believe it was determined that Martial Weapons simply give you a 50% boost in TP, thus why 200% seems like 300.% Not a direct answer to your question but along similar lines. Anyone have any info regarding this?
    >_> Hagun doesn't agree with this.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

if that was the case, 150% spirits within woulda done 300% damage, and martial anelance's price woulda skyrocketted.

The Dazzler
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Lordwafik
    if that was the case, 150% spirits within woulda done 300% damage, and martial anelance's price woulda skyrocketted.
    Think he means by 50% that a 150% spirits would be a 225% spirits (1.5*150). I'm not sure if that's how they work or not, but yeah.

150 x 1.5 = 225

edit... tyth beat me to it >_<

?

no, a 50% bonus from 150% is 225%, and my understanding is the same as palins. 100>150, 150>225 200>300, etc

edit: god-damn, im way too slow

Relic Horn
    BG Level

This was brought up on these forums a long time ago and I'm almost certain it was tested to be +100 and not +50%.

٩๏̯͡๏)۶

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Asura
    WoW Realm
    Barthilas

I passed math with flying colours.

I read that wrong, wasnt thinking of TP +50% = TP, was thinking of TPx2

Quote Originally Posted by Kurp
    This was brought up on these forums a long time ago and I'm almost certain it was tested to be +100 and not +50%.
    They were originally tested to be TP+100. Then tested by Raineer in the BLU thread to be TP+50%, then tested by Ichthyos in the Claustrum thread to be TP+100. If you don't feel like testing yourself, it's just a matter of whom you trust more, I guess. I vote Ichthyos lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz
    Yep, and Martial Gun is definitely the best COR gun. I don't understand why so many use Coffinmaker when the TP bonus does way more for accuracy.
    But Coffinmaker are so secksy ; ;

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Xeno
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerberoz
    But Coffinmaker are so secksy ; ;
    the name makes it

Quote Originally Posted by Suiram
    They were originally tested to be TP+100. Then tested by Raineer in the BLU thread to be TP+50%, then tested by Ichthyos in the Claustrum thread to be TP+100. If you don't feel like testing yourself, it's just a matter of whom you trust more, I guess. I vote Ichthyos lol
    It's +50% TP.

100 TP=150, 150=225TP, 200=300TP

Quote Originally Posted by Lockecole
    It's +50% TP.

That's false, at least as far as Hagun is concerned. I've never used any of the others, but Hagun is a flat 100 extra TP in effect to the WS.

Unless you are claiming that the different weapons in that series have a different TP bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    It's +50% TP.

That's false, at least as far as Hagun is concerned. I've never used any of the others, but Hagun is a flat 100 extra TP in effect to the WS.

Unless you are claiming that the different weapons in that series have a different TP bonus.
    You have tests to confirm this? How can you test anything but the sword with Spirits Within?

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by Lithiani
    It's +50% TP.

You have tests to confirm this? How can you test anything but the sword with Spirits Within?
    GUT FEELING

I'd personally rather see the data from the tests of the people claiming it's TP+50%. I've only ever read mere assertions such as your own that the tests exist. I'd do it myself but I don't have any 72+ jobs with natural sword skill, and I don't believe it enough to bother someone who does.