Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: LS Bank     submit to reddit submit to twitter

LS Bank

I was wondering how LS's from other servers treat their LS bank. Here are the basic questions I have:

1. Is there a way to trade event points (E:I in our case) for gil from the LS bank?

2. Do you use gil from the LS bank to specifically sponsor things like upgrading relic weapons for members or is it saved for a future "emergency."

3. Is there any limit on the amount of gil that should be in the bank at any one time?

4. Do you split your LS bank *among various sackholders or is it kept on one specific character.

I would really appreciate any input on these questions.

New Spam Forum
    BG Level

#1 That's your choice, I personally don't like event points, because it often happend that people are active at events till they get their stuff.
    And then dissapear shortly after.. Items should go to people that earns it and you know can be trusted, I like system that are based on loyalty and trust.

#2 Both!

#3 Yes!

#4 Keep it on one character easy to keep track on it then, but make sure you can trust the one that keep the money safe, or you will one day stay with nothing left.

Relic Shield
    BG Level
    WoW Realm
    Akama

I was wondering how LS's from other servers treat their LS bank. Here are the basic questions I have:

1. Is there a way to trade event points (E:I in our case) for gil from the LS bank?

Yes, we allow for the trading of points for gil. You are however, limited to taking out 2 or 3 mil per week(forget which it is)

2. Do you use gil from the LS bank to specifically sponsor things like upgrading relic weapons for members or is it saved for a future "emergency."

Gil from our bank is used on sponsoring limbus/dynamis runs, sometimes paying for certain raids like bahamut 2 medicines, paying out gil for points (or our other gil hand out system which is based on the number of raids you attended that week). We sponsored 1 relic with our ls bank (shield), other relics were decided not to be sponsored, so bank didn't help pay for them.
    3. Is there any limit on the amount of gil that should be in the bank at any one time?

We like to keep it over 100 mil. If it gets under 100 mil, we hold off on people being able to withdraw gil for points and our gil hand out system for a bit until the bank is in better shape

4. Do you split your LS bank amount various sackholders or is it kept on one specific character.
    It's kept on one specific char ( a mule) Access to it is held on a couple chars.
    Taken straight from our ls charter
    7. Gil Withdraws

Gil Withdraw - Members may withdrawl up to 3 million gil per week from the linkshell bank, at a ratio of 1 point / 10,000G, permitting sufficient bank standing.

Market Adjustment - The above ratio is subject to change with the economy.

Abuse - If officer's determine an individual is abusing the withdrawl system, the request will be rejected.
    Of course however that doesn't tell you much without a backing of how many points our events are :/[/quote]

then there's our split system which is pretty unique to our ls. When we first started we didnt have that in place so members could only get gil from the LS by paying points. that's on

http://www.lunariansls.com/about then click events.

Feel free to read it, if you're going to derail this thread and start bashing my LS's rules, you're about a year and a half too late, since it already happened and had a 30 page post on alla about it

Enjoy.

1: Yes. TotalFunds/TotalPoints = gil value for spending 1 point.

2: Relic Upgraders withdraw gil and upgrade their relic, on the same basis as everyone else withdraws.

3: Minimum bank funds is 20mil. If the bank drops below 20mil the bank is closed, and remains so until the gil rises above 20mil. There is no maximum limit. Maximum withdrawal per week is 25% of the banks reserve, or however much the bank has in excess of 20mil, whichever is the greater.

4: It's kept on a mule, which is also the 24/7 online guild bazaar in Batallia Downs flea market. Only the LS leader has access to that account (and, before anyone starts, if you can't trust your LS leader, you have bigger problems than your guild rules).

#3 if there is 500m in the bank and all the members are in gimp equipment, that's probably not sensible (unless it's RMT ). you shouldn't have an upper limit, but members should be encouraged to withdraw when they need to upgrade equipment. lower limit is a good idea.

#4 each additional person that holds the bank password lowers the security of it, how your ls chooses to allow access is a personal matter, but more trust = less security.
    splitting the bank between multiple member's mules does not solve that problem, it only changes the percentage that can be stolen by a single person (assuming no holder shares their password).

assuming its going on one person (or thier mule) make sure they have never ever botted or whatever. I'd lol if your ls bank got suspended at the end of the month for POS hacking or something.

Cerberus
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Cortana Windraker
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur

Re: LS Bank

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha

4. Do you split your LS bank *among various sackholders or is it kept on one specific character.

1) We don't use points so no.

2) Sadly no on relic (I wish) and no on emergency. LS bank funds dynamis runs and shopping for members.

3) No limit cause we constantly spending.

4) one player only should hold hte character, and only one person should have access to that character. The more hands in the cookie jar, the more likelyhood a cookie will go missing.

Here's the way our LS does it:

1: Every two weeks consitutes a 'period', an individual's 'paycheck points' are your total points earned in that period minus your total points spent, or 0 if you spent more points than you earned in that period. The gil you recieve from the bank at the end of that period is (the total gil the LS recieved in that period or the 'paycheck cap')*(your 'paycheck points')/(the sum of everyone's 'paycheck points').

2: The bank pays for the hourglass for LS dynamis, and for crafting materials for LS-owned items (DRK JSE when we get ores from Ouryu, for example). Also refunds specific player items for specific events (like poison pots for support mages and tanks at Vrtra). The bank doesn't specifically pay for Dynamis currency directly however, and it is LS policy not to purchase sky/sea pop items from bazaars.

3: While there's no hard limit on how much the bank can have at any given time, the officers occasionally move to raise or lower the paycheck cap depending on other factors like server inflation/deflation and the total number of active members in the LS.

4: The bank is held by one officer who has mules for bazaaring and distributing paychecks, who is also in charge of managing the logs. This works because she's an exceedingly trustworthy person who has been in the LS for a long time. If you have no such person, it might be smarter to spread it out a bit, because if one person feels like running off with the bank it hurts you a lot less if they only have a fraction of the LS's total holdings.

I would prefer not to.
    Moms Spaghetti
    Philly Special

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Pacha

1. No, but we don't have a point system. If people want to flat out "buy" an item from our bank like a vclaw or behemoth hide or whatever, we charge the member half or so of what the going rate of said item is. This doesnt apply to all items, for example all our cerberus drops get crafted and given to members who show interest in the item for no charge. Speaking of which, anyone on Fairy interested in buying a shitload of cerberus meats? >.>

2. No. Gil stored in the ls bank is most commonly used to purchase cursed items to players in our shell for no charge (ie: if you have say aquarian abjuration: hands, ls bank will pay for the cursed mitts)

3. No, but allowing the ls bank to grow to retarded amounts is dumb. We generally keep track of who is on at what times when a "money" item drops, and if people want they can ask to withdraw whatever their money share of the bank is. But we end up crafting and distributing items a bit, or buy cursed items, so the total money people can really "earn" from the shell is small.

4. All kept on one account, the leaders mule. Not to be too specific, but our bank has only in the range of 10-20 or so million gil, and some craftables like wyrm horns and such in it. We like to keep the bank small.

loyalty and trust.
    unknown words to those in my ex HNM shell

Xavier

The fewer people with access to the fund, the less people you have to point fingers at when something goes wrong.

I know some people might think more people having access would mean more accountability, since more people could check up on the manager, but if you don't trust the guy enough to manage the fund by himself, why is he managing your fund?

Sea Torques
    BG Level

Our LS doesn't use points, and as such theres no spending points for gil. We try to keep our gil count at above 30 mil at all times. What we do spend our gil on, is dynamis twice a week and we buy our members there abjurations they obtain with us. We do spend some gil buying currency to upgrade a shield. We are trying to get the bank back to the point where we can actually buy our members certain pieces of gear so they aren't gimp. Problem being, our old LS leader decided to go emo over ebody one day and /breaklinkshell and take the bank for himself. He proceeded to buy a Kraken club and level smithing to 100. Also tried to buy an ebody but no one sold him one.

Now we have 1 person hold the money, but he keeps very detailed records of exactly what money comes in and out. We also have a separate LS bazaar mule that sells what we have to sell, and it keeps money on until its ready to transfer to the bank.