Item Search

BG-Wiki Search
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: POL - 1165     submit to reddit submit to twitter

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

POL - 1165

Has anybody gotten this error before? I reformatted my hard drive a couple days ago so I had to reinstall FF. Since I have two hard drives, I tossed my “Final Fantasy XI” folder onto the 2nd hard drive so I could copy it back after I reinstalled FF. So after I patched windows and everything, I reinstalled POL, FF, and all the expansions then copied over the Final Fantasy folder in the Program Files.
    POL still needed to update and that worked fine, but when I went to update the game, it checked the 15k files, then it had to dl/patch ~112 files. After downloading a couple of these, it gave me this error: “Error code: POL – 1165.” So I hit retry and 30 minutes later (after it checked all 15k files again) same thing, only after a couple more have been downloaded. And I did this for hours and hours, dinking away at it until I hit a wall and it would pop that error after dling 1 file and not updating it. (ie, every time I retry it dls the same file then pops the error.)
    I’ve reinstalled and tried this going 4x now and even from a fresh install without copying the files I get the error when I try and let it patch all the way.

So my questions are… wtf am I doing wrong and how do I fix this?

Smells like Onions
    BG Level

Sorry, forgot to mention that the folder that I copy over is fully updated (since I was logged on about ten minutes before reformatting the computer.)

And the POL-1165 text says "Some problems occurred in HDD data. Please check installation status."

Melee Summoner
    BG Level

Thank you for contacting tech support. You are currently 15th in the Queue.

Ridill
    BG Level

reinstall and deal with the full update downloading thing without copying over your old files on top of it

something is conflicting.