FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Ok so I was bored and was reading the ffxi wiki

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/Dark_Knigh ... _Selection

I hear alot of people sing the wikis praises but I started to read alot of this stuff.. these people have no clue about jobs. This is just one example, alot of the jobs have retarded info that seems like its out of brady guides.

The following from that page have brought the lulz:

However hitting is the problem with Elvaan, becuase of thier very low DEX it makes it hard for them to hit anything.
    Mithra have the highest accuracy in the game so they make great Dark Knights.
    Strengths
    * Dark Knights are able to Magic Burst off of their own skillchains.
    Ninja (as a sj)
    * A subjob usually only used in the late 60's and 70's.

Seriously, this is a wiki. Why is there so much wrong shit everywhere.

St. Fiat
    THE TIME FOR QUESTIONS
    HAS PASSED

BG Level

Re: Ok so I was bored and was reading the ffxi wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Not Kuno
    You answered your own question.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Re: Ok so I was bored and was reading the ffxi wiki

Quote Originally Posted by Alleya
    You answered your own question.
    I thought about that, but unlike the brady guides they're editable by people who know what they're doing.

Banned.

BG Level

it also says souleater only does half of the 10(12)% hp as your mainjob

Does the big bold warning at the top of the page not answer your question?
    This article is only a guide. Information expressed in a guide is usually more opinion than fact and should be taken as such. Guides are written by players, based upon their experiences, successes and mistakes, and meant to aid other players. However, there may be differing opinions than those expressed in a guide.
    Strategies and information in guides may not work for everyone.
    Guides are written by a single editor and are generally not modified or fixed by the other editors, and as such, they are by far the weakest part of the wiki (in my opinion at least).

If you want a good laugh, look atZero's WHM guide.

The God Damn Kuno
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Kuno Sedai
    FFXIV Server
    Gilgamesh
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut

Quote Originally Posted by Sykes
    This article is only a guide. Information expressed in a guide is usually more opinion than fact and should be taken as such. Guides are written by players, based upon their experiences, successes and mistakes, and meant to aid other players. However, there may be differing opinions than those expressed in a guide.
    Guides are written by a single editor and are generally not modified or fixed by the other editors, and as such, they are by far the weakest part of the wiki (in my opinion at least).

Yeah I saw that part. But when you click on the Souleater page you see the wrong souleater info. And on the main Dark Knight page it still lists "OMGZ DRK CAN MB THEIR OWN SC" as a "strength" for the job. That part was just what took the cake and propted the thread. Theres more but feeling too lazy to read through swarms of bad info.

Wiki is good. It just depends on who the author is. Alot of the Apollyon stuff was written/updated by Russta if I'm not mistaken.

Banned.

BG Level

on the other hand, i bet you didnt know trecidim scythe was a guarenteed crit every 13th swing, and unequipping/AHing it doesnt make it forget the crit

i sure didnt know =(

Quote Originally Posted by Zalius
    it also says souleater only does half of the 10(12)% hp as your mainjob
    The page I'm reading says it does the full 10/12% damage as main job, and half when it is DRK sub ... so I'm confused? (although I don't really know squat about DRK, so whatever)

you see the wrong souleater info
    Then fix it?

Edit:
    When activated by a Dark Knight, each successful attack that lands will cause the user to lose 10% of his/her current HP and converts that amount directly into damage.
    [...]
    When activated by a character with Dark Knight as a support job, each successful attack that lands will cause the user to lose 10% of his/her maximum HP and converts half that amount directly into damage.
    Is it untrue that it only converts half when subbed?

Banned.

BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Sylph
    WoW Realm
    Arthas

I guess if you play the game correctly your an elitist

The Once and Future Wamoura
    BG Level
    FFXIV Character
    Rocl Montaigne
    FFXIV Server
    Excalibur
    FFXI Server
    Bahamut
    WoW Realm
    Quel'Thalas

Quote Originally Posted by senoska
    I guess if you play the game correctly you're an elitist.
    FIXED IN THE NAME OF ELITISM

Old Merits
    BG Level
    FFXI Server
    Leviathan

Opening line:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nub 61 WHM
    Largely a work in progress. I'm a 61 White Mage, so I've got one of the best ideas of how to play this job...and how to turn it upsidedown and make it way more fun than it should be.
    Pure awesome.

ninja>
    I also like how the 'guide' goes from 1-20 to discussing merits.

Banned.

BG Level

lol someone ninja edited the souleater wiki

Justus

My favorite part of the WHM guide is this:
    Haste: Personaly, on a melee job, I feel it's not worth the 40 MP. It reduces attack delay by 10%, but unless they're a Ninja or a Paladin (Both for spell recast timers) the difference is almost unoticable and it may cause an emnity problem if the person you gave it to pulls too much from the extra damage. This is up for a lot of debate.
    So it's not a noticeable boost (and therefore not worth doing), but if you do do it, it makes the person do so much more damage that the tank can no longer hold hate? I think there's a contradiction here, somewhere...

I guess this explains why 80% of the WHMs I party with don't bother to haste anybody.

blax n gunz
    BG Level

You have two choices, either stop reading the wiki or fix the misinformation you find. Yes, there are always fools posting zam bullshit to wiki, but the same is true of the internet in general. Nothing's perfect.

Banned.

BG Level

Quote Originally Posted by Correction
    You have two choices, either stop reading the wiki or fix the misinformation you find. Yes, there are always fools posting zam bullshit to wiki, but the same is true of the internet in general. Nothing's perfect.
    tell me who your char is so we can revel in renegade justice just as soon as i have an ffxiworkable isp

but seriously, youd assume stupid people wouldnt be able to figure out how to edit a wiki =(

It was last edited August 5th.

Banned.

BG Level

It was last edited August 5th.
    are you trying to make me look bad

I think most (if not all) of the job pages are locked, to preserve the newbieness in them. I'm a fan of the SMN one listing elemental spirits' "low MP cost" for "high damage" spells as a positive point.

100 MP for burn? Sign me up!

From that WHM guide what made me laugh the most (other than the haste portion, which somebody already mentioned), was the race section. Tarutaru can't be good WHM because they have low STR, apparently. Plus they recommend WHM/WAR (for turning the job "upside down"!), but not WHM/SAM. I'm confused.

Edit: Spelling error that was bugging me.